Kid reviews for "Mean" (CD Single)

Age-appropriate anthem for kids who've been bullied.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook November 16, 2010

Great song with good message.

I'm not a big Swift fan (I do love country music, though), but this song has been on repeat for at least ten minutes. I think this song is very empowering for tweens. Unlike some of Taylor's other songs that suggest girls can't live without boys, this song has a good message. There's no problem putting this on a playlist for any young girl. CSM is definitely off the mark for this one.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 October 28, 2010

Good song that talks about sticking up to a bully

I love this song from taylor swift, one of my favorites from her new album. I love how she talks about not letting a bully get to you. Reccommend this to any taylor swift lovers or anyone who feels bullied.

Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2010

Okay song with a good message

Good song. Not my favorite, but good lyrics. I rated it 9+ because 9 year olds and up can probably better relate to this song, though bullying occurs in earlier ages.

Kid, 9 years old September 23, 2012

Good

It's kinda about sanding up to bullys and you will be something great when you grow up, and they'll just be mean. It's a great song but two guys are drunk in a part of the video. But other than that it's fine.

Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2016
I think this song is good for bullied kids.

Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2015

Do I need to say more words?

I love Taylor she is my role model(a good one).So of course I love this song but the video has drinking so beware for the video!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmartkitty July 23, 2012

great song

pretty much everyone can realate to this song. but has refances to drinking

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 18, 2012

Really good!

Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2012

Luv this song!!

Such a good meaning!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Love it!

This song is cool! The beat is nice as well as the lyrics.Recommend highly!
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2012

Great Song for People who Have Been Bullied

Teen, 15 years old Written byRae-la January 22, 2012

Awesome!

Taylor Swift's music is a guilty pleasure for me, but with this song, and the rest of her Speak Now album (which is terrific, by the way), she seems to be moving on from songs that are just about being in love or breaking up with some guy. I can really relate to this song, and I know a lot of other people could, too. Plus, Taylor's voice is beautiful as usual, and it sounds more "country" than most of her other new songs. Well done, Taylor!

Teen, 13 years old Written bygleekswift May 30, 2015

Very Good Message

Very good song very good message. However it does mention "Drunk and brawlin 'bout how I can't sing"

Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2011

@ you ya u

@ Miranda ... Whats wrong with you she dosent lip sinc and it's a great song

Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2011

Great Message and Great Song

Even the music video is pretty clean accept the part where the man is in the bar. it teaches kids to not let bullies get the best of them.

Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2011

VERY Age-Appropriate

AWESOME SONG! It has great meaning for children or teens who are getting bullied. 1 alcohol reference,"I can see you see you years from now in a bar talkin' over a football Game!......But are you all is mean."That stuff will go right over kids' heads.

Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2018

Strong message

This song makes me feel good. It talks about how bullies think they’re so much better than you when actually it’s the other way around. At the moment they might be better off than you (being popular, having lots of friends...) but later on in life you’ll be better off and the only think they’re going to be is mean. This song is good for anybody after a bad day. Plus, I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT!

Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2018

Deals with bullying in a terrible way

This song is not appropriate for young kids! The music video is complete garbage and deals with bullying in a violent and cruel way. Please do not listen to this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byclaudia12345 March 18, 2018

Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 August 7, 2011

Very Catchy and Great

Loved it! One mention of a bar, but very, very good!