All parent member reviews for Minutes to Midnight

Parent Written byBITCHSLAP June 16, 2011

Linkin Park

Linkin Park is awesome so screw all you parents that act like you can keep your kids in a bubble. Someone here needs to stop being so goddamn naive.
Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

Minutes to Midnight

A lot softer then their older stuff. Givin Up and No More Sorrow sound the closest to what the older albums sounds like.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byKakarot November 3, 2009

too depressing but brilliant composition

best band ever formed in nu-metal history......
Adult Written byBrenny May 30, 2009

Not as good as before.

Yes, this album is not as good as their previous ones. There were at least 2 very good songs. However, both of those two contain a bit of violent imagery as well as a few uses of obscene language used in anger.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTakeshi kim March 30, 2013

Minutes to Midnight children age 14 and older can listen to it.

I love Linkin park,I grew up with them and listening to their amazing music.But when Minutes to Midnight album came it changed everything.Yes,it does have violence and some strong language but its all being part of growing up.This album is telling you to never give up and don't let someone knock you down over and over again.Stand up and try to ignore it or fight it.
Adult Written byHot Fuss March 17, 2012

MtM - A Linkin Park disappointment

Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park is one of the best albums of 2007. However, there are many profanities and violent, depressing imagery in this 4-star album. This album is a disappointment considering it came after the critically acclaimed Meteora. However, the music in this album is superb, yet the lyrics are terrible. There are eight utterances of "f--k", enough to garner the album a Parental Advisory label. Profane songs include "Bleed it Out", with two uses of f--k ("going out of my f--king mind", "f--k this hurts, I won't lie"), which also references self-mutilation in frustration and "handgrenade pins in every line"; "Given Up", which uses the line "what the f--k is wrong with me" three times along with "put me out of my f--king misery". This song is the most depressing and profane in the entire album, with lines like "I've given up, I'm sick of feeling", "I'm my own worst enemy", and a 40-second screaming outro that yells "PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!" five times in a row; and the last profane song, "Hands Held High", has two uses of f--k ("F--k that, I wanna see some fists pumping", "these f--kers are laughing their way to the bank"), but has a good message about standing up for yourself. Suprisingly, both rap songs (Bleed It Out and Hands Held High) contain profanity. However, there is another song, "No More Sorrow", that is about suicide. Overall, this dark and depressing album is best for mature teens.
Adult Written byWarri August 7, 2010

Very good album the best

There is some language
Adult Written byKiller Bunny February 8, 2010

If you are sensitive to swearing het the edited version.

Ther is a song that swears a lot but I just got the edited one cause it's so awesome. I like their older songs better though.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycorneater January 22, 2010

Lyrics and messages may suit people of older taste

LInkin Park are the best band/musicians ever. THEY R CORNEATERS!!!!!!!!!! That is a high complement. This album is Fantastic! I do like their old stuff better but, LP has proved that they can do 2 different genres which makes them AMAZING! on their next album I will hope to hear more of their rapper Mike and Mr. Hahn to create the funky nu-metal addiction, but this was also PHENOMENAL! NICE LP! YOU NEVER LET YOUR FANS DOWN!!!!!! LP 4 LIFE!!!!!!
Adult Written byLady Marmalade October 31, 2009

This album features a more mature, and somewhat softer sound for Linken Park. The quality of music is as always worth the time, and if you do find the language a bit strong it is always possible to buy the censored version. The messages; while not completely possitive all the time are relavent, and important to teens- and quite frankly much less of a concern than most of the other music being produced for the age-group presently.
Adult Written byilikemusik23 April 25, 2009

Great Album, but very dark...

While Linkin Park is a band that is loved by the young and old. This album is one that may be better for the older listeners. The album is darker and more explcit than there previous ones. 3 of the songs use the F word and in anger which adds more effect. And most of the songs are dark and depressing. Its ok for older teens but if your a preteen try sticking with Hybrid Theory or Meteora
Adult Written byRedDragonKnight April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydragon ball April 9, 2008

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Not their best work....

There are probably three songs on here that are very good, and the rest are just okay. There is a lot of F words for this band, who in their past albums have not cursed, but then again, it is nothing compared to what is said at a typical High School, so I do not think that this CD will have any affect on your teen's language. Some of the Song's lyrics are what would be classified as emo, such as Given Up. Overall, this is not an album to buy, it will be much cheaper and worthwhile to just download the few really good songs (No More Sorrow =)
Adult Written bymegagore April 9, 2008