All member reviews for Minutes to Midnight

good music

i luv linkin park n i knew this was gona b a great album. linkin park has great songs in this
Teen, 13 years old Written bymonkeyman April 9, 2008

Awesome Music

Linkin Park is a great band. The only big problem on this album is that there's a lot of profanity.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Linkin Park Rocks!

Teen, 14 years old Written byjpefection April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byDragoon Lagoon April 9, 2008

I loved

It's good. A little dark and depressing, not recomended for kids under 13.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Changed? Yes, but they're still Linkin Park

Seeing as Linkin Park is my first and favorite band, I have to admit that I literally cannot not like anything they do. I bought the special edition album the second Best Buy opened, and listened to it immediately. Brilliant. Fantastic. Perfect. Et cetera. Yes, they have changed some with Shinoda only on a few songs, but you can still tell it is Linkin Park, and it's really not too different from their other work if you think about it. Just imagine an album where two-thirds of the songs are in the style of "My December" and "Easier to Run". I don't see why people are complaining and saying they want the "old" Linkin Park back-- they're still the best. Every single track on the CD is perfect, not just "What I've Done", and I can't place any above the others. But I do admit taht "Hands Held High" and "The Little Things Give You Away" gave me goosbumps (the first is about the war and is very poignant, while the latter is about Hurricane Katrina). For those looking for the rap-rock sound, only one song on the album follows that style, which is "Bleed It Out". The other two songs that are nu-metal are "Given Up" and "No More Sorrow", which have the kind of energy and screaming from their previous work. Oh, and when you listen to "Given Up", take note of Chester's incredible 17 second scream (remniscent of Maynard's 15 second scream on "The Grudge" from Tool's Lateralus). There's really nothing I can say to explain how perfect the album is, and it was definitely worth the four and a half years it took. And, if people are complaining about how long it took for it to came out, look at how much work they spend trying to make sure us fans get their very best: they spent an entire year doing nothing but making the album (the other years they wre on tour and coming up with some new sounds), and they had 100 song ideas and narrowed it down to 12 (or 13 if you include the separate "No Roads Left (But One)", where Shinoda sings again as in "In Between", and proves he is a good singer and rapper). So all you people who call themselves "fans" and are complaining about the CD, you were never fans of Linkin Park, you were just fans of the sound. Any true fan will love this to death, trust me, I know. Oh, and the band is not a sellout, sellouts are bands who stop making the music they like or change their sound for money or to try and get mainstream-- neither of which Linkin Park did. So please buy this album, don't steal it off a site or anything. Try and have respect for the band and the absolutely incredible amount of work and time they put into this album.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaChaton April 9, 2008

Alright album

Linkin Park is a pretty good band, but most of their songs are very repetive. They have a few good songs on there but not many. This music may not be suitable for young kids. Actualy, to tell you the truth it's my dad who likes them a lot, not me, but I've still heard the songs. I find their rapping irritating, but when they scream and stuff it sounds really good. I don't know if it's worth buying though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Good Linkin Park CD, but Meteora was better.

This is a great CD. Parents, pay no attention to the "Parental advisory" sticker, it doesn't mean that this Cd is filled with sex and drugs. There are only a couple of "f" words and a teeny bit of violence. It's a great Linkin Park CD, and anybody who could listen to Fort Minor, "The Rising Tied", or Green Day, "American Idiot" is more than mature to listen to this stuff. I still think Meteora was a better CD, also without curse words, but this one is second best. Get it. It's a great borthday or christmas present, and if you really are concerned about the language, get the edited version.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymelvann April 9, 2008

duuuuude

well, it may be a little violent but not really, i mean where the F**k are you gonna find a hand grenade, but most of the songs lyrics are metaphorical references such as "find a new place to hang this noose" means find somewhere you can be in peace without some one spiting in your face, and the "minutes to midnight" title means the changes the band has been through and it might be a good thing or a bad thing, people make such a big deal about the smallest things some times its scary, i say just lay back and even though the music provokes violent emotions it dosent provoke violent thought or action. basically the over all message is rise against the machine like the message that bands like megadeth or black sbbath were promoting.i think theyre geniouses and the new sound theyre producing will get them far and i highly recomend listening to the guitar solo in "in peices" i love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

Extremely Awesome! Linkin Park's best yet!

Dare I say that! But it's true. This is LP's best album. Even better than Hybrid Theory or Meteora. Their new sound and style are still as good as their old style. Think most tracks being an equivalent of Crawling or Somewhere I Belong. But there's still a little nu-metal in this CD like Given Up and What I've Done. I really like the screams, especially Chester's 17-second scream mentioned earlier. The Bonus DVD version is really good. Don't pay attention to the PA. There are: 2 f-words each in Bleed It Out and Hands Held High, as well as 4 in Given Up and 2 on the DVD, for a total of 8 uses. That's not really bad compared to some of the stuff by NINE INCH NAILS and Marilyn Manson. Even Green Day is more offensive. There's also some darkness and violent imagery, as well as implied threats to Bush in No More Sorrow. Overall I think this CD is good for 12 and up. The 15+ is a little too much.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygeekgirl567 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byTehAlchemist April 9, 2008

Linkin Parks' Best Yet

Awsomw

Yay LP!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Get the clean version

I love Linkin Park! And the songs I did buy I relly liked. The problem was that Linkin Park changed and I don't maen just in music style I mean in content whise. They used the f word alot. So avoid hands held high, bleed it out, and given up.

OKAY

I loved this CD because i like LP, but my freind got all upset about it so i say u parents should know ur kids well before letting them liston to this CD.

Great album!

The only problem with this album is the language and the title. They frequently say f---, but most middle to high schoolers should be able to handle that. And the title could scare young children if you told them what it was and what it meant (I personally think the title was chosen to signify the bands old sound ending, and a new sound being created).
Teen, 17 years old Written bymark c April 9, 2008

OK

its a good cd i have the parental advisory version its not that bad 3 songs have couple cuss words but its no big deal and this is not the best linkin park cd ever its not as good as Hybrid Theory..Hybrid theory was the best one... linkin park changed too much between hybrid and minutes to midnight i think meteora was good but collison course and minutes to midnight werent that good the 3 best songs are hands held high--no more sorrow--Bleed it out..