All member reviews for Minutes to Midnight

Parent Written byBITCHSLAP June 16, 2011

Linkin Park

Linkin Park is awesome so screw all you parents that act like you can keep your kids in a bubble. Someone here needs to stop being so goddamn naive.
Adult Written byWarri August 7, 2010

Very good album the best

There is some language
Kid, 9 years old January 23, 2011

QWERTY

Goin out of my %$#@%$@# Mind
Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

Minutes to Midnight

A lot softer then their older stuff. Givin Up and No More Sorrow sound the closest to what the older albums sounds like.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byKakarot November 3, 2009

too depressing but brilliant composition

best band ever formed in nu-metal history......
Adult Written byBrenny May 30, 2009

Not as good as before.

Yes, this album is not as good as their previous ones. There were at least 2 very good songs. However, both of those two contain a bit of violent imagery as well as a few uses of obscene language used in anger.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRosie18136 March 15, 2014

Can be depressing at times

I agree with the depressing hints within many of their songs but there are also many amazing uplifting moment in other albums. "Lost in the Echo" talks about letting go of a painful past and has helped me through several years of depression and anxiety. The song, "Numb" has described perfectly how I feel. This band hasn't made me worse, it's helped me survive.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTakeshi kim March 30, 2013

Minutes to Midnight children age 14 and older can listen to it.

I love Linkin park,I grew up with them and listening to their amazing music.But when Minutes to Midnight album came it changed everything.Yes,it does have violence and some strong language but its all being part of growing up.This album is telling you to never give up and don't let someone knock you down over and over again.Stand up and try to ignore it or fight it.
Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2013

AMAZINGFUL

what the heck was common sense thinking.my favorite band ever. great albums. i love all there albums. So if u have the chance to get it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe March 14, 2013

Explicit for one reason: F-bombs in some songs

I remember hearing the opening lyrics to "Bleed It Out", which contains "Yeah, here we go for the hundred time / Hand gernade pins in every line / Throw them up and let something shine / Going out of my ****ing mind" and "**** this hurts, I won't lie / Doesn't matter how hard I try". Still, my brother would go crazy for Linkin Park, because it is his favorite music group.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNThomas13 September 2, 2012

Minutes to Midnight

Great album! Perfect mix of rap/rock. In my opinion, this album is probably best for a mature 14+. The explicit songs include: Given Up, Bleed it Out, and Hands Held High (which contains a deep message about war and violence).
Teen, 15 years old Written bybaesean May 18, 2012

Dark and Depressing?

Certainly not Hybrid Theory or Meteora but still good. Yes, cussing is there, unlike the past 2, but if your kid is smart, they will not repeat the words they hear.
Adult Written byHot Fuss March 17, 2012

MtM - A Linkin Park disappointment

Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park is one of the best albums of 2007. However, there are many profanities and violent, depressing imagery in this 4-star album. This album is a disappointment considering it came after the critically acclaimed Meteora. However, the music in this album is superb, yet the lyrics are terrible. There are eight utterances of "f--k", enough to garner the album a Parental Advisory label. Profane songs include "Bleed it Out", with two uses of f--k ("going out of my f--king mind", "f--k this hurts, I won't lie"), which also references self-mutilation in frustration and "handgrenade pins in every line"; "Given Up", which uses the line "what the f--k is wrong with me" three times along with "put me out of my f--king misery". This song is the most depressing and profane in the entire album, with lines like "I've given up, I'm sick of feeling", "I'm my own worst enemy", and a 40-second screaming outro that yells "PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!" five times in a row; and the last profane song, "Hands Held High", has two uses of f--k ("F--k that, I wanna see some fists pumping", "these f--kers are laughing their way to the bank"), but has a good message about standing up for yourself. Suprisingly, both rap songs (Bleed It Out and Hands Held High) contain profanity. However, there is another song, "No More Sorrow", that is about suicide. Overall, this dark and depressing album is best for mature teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamaraMorgan July 21, 2011

Amazing

What I hate about this site is they make everything sound worse than it really is. This album is amazing.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2011

Some good songs, strong profanity

I don't have this album, but I love many songs from this album. The f bombs don't need to be in there. Nuff said.
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2011

I'm really not sure if you should listen unless you get the edited version.

I like Linkin Park, I've never heard the cussing because my dad gets the edited version on his iPod.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCritiNumba1 February 12, 2011

Edited Version Is Better

I like most of the songs on this album, get the edited version if you don't want your kids to hear f--k. My parents did.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLislynn January 13, 2011

Great album, mixed signals.

Alright, as
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 October 22, 2010

This album was definitely a lot more different from all of the other albums by Linkin Park. I was a little surprised at how slow most of their songs were, but it is also nice to have a CD by them that is a little slower. Not all of the songs in this album are super slow, there are few that are pretty fast paced that I really enjoy to listen to while I'm walking/excercising. The F word is said a few times in some songs, but not that much, and some other language too.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycrablegs23 August 11, 2010

Great Album to learn from and to listen to

It's the best album that i have ever listened heard! You can also learn some positive messages if you listen close, don't listen to until you're old though because it has a little bad language