All member reviews for Minutes to Midnight

Angst-ridden rock is dark and depressing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Good Linkin Park CD, but Meteora was better.

This is a great CD. Parents, pay no attention to the "Parental advisory" sticker, it doesn't mean that this Cd is filled with sex and drugs. There are only a couple of "f" words and a teeny bit of violence. It's a great Linkin Park CD, and anybody who could listen to Fort Minor, "The Rising Tied", or Green Day, "American Idiot" is more than mature to listen to this stuff. I still think Meteora was a better CD, also without curse words, but this one is second best. Get it. It's a great borthday or christmas present, and if you really are concerned about the language, get the edited version.
Adult Written byRedDragonKnight April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bymelvann April 9, 2008

duuuuude

well, it may be a little violent but not really, i mean where the F**k are you gonna find a hand grenade, but most of the songs lyrics are metaphorical references such as "find a new place to hang this noose" means find somewhere you can be in peace without some one spiting in your face, and the "minutes to midnight" title means the changes the band has been through and it might be a good thing or a bad thing, people make such a big deal about the smallest things some times its scary, i say just lay back and even though the music provokes violent emotions it dosent provoke violent thought or action. basically the over all message is rise against the machine like the message that bands like megadeth or black sbbath were promoting.i think theyre geniouses and the new sound theyre producing will get them far and i highly recomend listening to the guitar solo in "in peices" i love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

Extremely Awesome! Linkin Park's best yet!

Dare I say that! But it's true. This is LP's best album. Even better than Hybrid Theory or Meteora. Their new sound and style are still as good as their old style. Think most tracks being an equivalent of Crawling or Somewhere I Belong. But there's still a little nu-metal in this CD like Given Up and What I've Done. I really like the screams, especially Chester's 17-second scream mentioned earlier. The Bonus DVD version is really good. Don't pay attention to the PA. There are: 2 f-words each in Bleed It Out and Hands Held High, as well as 4 in Given Up and 2 on the DVD, for a total of 8 uses. That's not really bad compared to some of the stuff by NINE INCH NAILS and Marilyn Manson. Even Green Day is more offensive. There's also some darkness and violent imagery, as well as implied threats to Bush in No More Sorrow. Overall I think this CD is good for 12 and up. The 15+ is a little too much.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygeekgirl567 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byTehAlchemist April 9, 2008

Linkin Parks' Best Yet

Awsomw

Yay LP!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Get the clean version

I love Linkin Park! And the songs I did buy I relly liked. The problem was that Linkin Park changed and I don't maen just in music style I mean in content whise. They used the f word alot. So avoid hands held high, bleed it out, and given up.

OKAY

I loved this CD because i like LP, but my freind got all upset about it so i say u parents should know ur kids well before letting them liston to this CD.
Adult Written bydragon ball April 9, 2008

Great album!

The only problem with this album is the language and the title. They frequently say f---, but most middle to high schoolers should be able to handle that. And the title could scare young children if you told them what it was and what it meant (I personally think the title was chosen to signify the bands old sound ending, and a new sound being created).
Teen, 17 years old Written bymark c April 9, 2008

OK

its a good cd i have the parental advisory version its not that bad 3 songs have couple cuss words but its no big deal and this is not the best linkin park cd ever its not as good as Hybrid Theory..Hybrid theory was the best one... linkin park changed too much between hybrid and minutes to midnight i think meteora was good but collison course and minutes to midnight werent that good the 3 best songs are hands held high--no more sorrow--Bleed it out..
Teen, 15 years old Written bywolf123456789 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Not their best work....

There are probably three songs on here that are very good, and the rest are just okay. There is a lot of F words for this band, who in their past albums have not cursed, but then again, it is nothing compared to what is said at a typical High School, so I do not think that this CD will have any affect on your teen's language. Some of the Song's lyrics are what would be classified as emo, such as Given Up. Overall, this is not an album to buy, it will be much cheaper and worthwhile to just download the few really good songs (No More Sorrow =)
Teen, 13 years old Written byberksierra April 9, 2008

Good,but slightly depressing punk. Ok for most tweens and up

This a good cd,that as depressing as it is, is definitly of for kids twelve and up. It has some swearing, and some drugs, and some sex, but moreover, it's ok. Overall, a very good cd. It definitly dosn't need a Parential Advisory sticker. If your kids re at least twelve and up, let them give it a try.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBubbajean April 9, 2008

Too much change

I think this album was a fairly decent installment in the Linkin park CD collection. I do think they took too much of a leap for change. Kinda reminds me of Obama. Anyway, I only have 2 real problems with this CD. 1 is that they say f*ck. I wouldnt really care, except for the fact in thier past albums, they hadn't even said hell, damn, or ass which I say i my private scool 10 times a day. Each. They also focus on suicide. Yes, I did buy Given Up which, excluding Bleed It Out is thier most suicide-focused song, and dirtiest concerning language. I'm pretty sure there are 5 f*cks. They also HAD to bring politics into this. That also hurt my image of them. Despite all of this, there still is a positive song on this album. What I've Done. It's a song about putting an end to the past, facing your mistakes, and starting over. So, over all, since the average 13 year old and up hears more language than this CD contains in the first 2 hours of school, (even at my stupid prep school I do) as long as your kid doesn't take song's messages literally, and you aren't bothered by the fact they bash Bush in this album, (I am) they should be ok. Make sure you know your kid.

i thought this album was really good. after you listen to it like three times it is just alright. i wouldnt reccomend people to buy this album. i would suggeste to go on itunes and only buy. what i've done, bleed it out, hands held high, and given up. this language is not hat huge of an issue. F**k appears a few times. lots of screaming and mad at the world stuff.

not bad...

this is ok, but it has a bit to much language it...
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Great Music, depending on what you like

I love Linkin Park! In fact, I'm listening to Hybrid Theory while I'm writing this! In Minutes to Midnight, they do say F*** a couple of times in "Given Up" but the rest shouldn't be an issue.