Kid reviews for Monkey Business

Less original, way more explicit than last CD.

Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2018

Great album, but the age-appropriateness is mixed

I have now listened to the full album. A lot of the songs radio-friendly, but a few of them are pretty graphic. This album is more mature than Elephunk, but still less problematic than other hip-hop and rap albums. This is what I can tell you. Don't Phunk with My Heart: really cool song, but there is some mature subject matter. There are some suggestive lyrics, but nothing that looks graphic. Smoking (we don't know what) is mentioned. I'd say this song is OK for 10 and up. Pump It: really cool and campy song. Some suggestive lyrics (nothing high-level). However, there is some strong language. Profanity includes "n-ggas," "s--t," "a-s," and "damn." However, the song is pretty clean and I'd say it's OK for 13 and up. 10-year-olds, listen up. If you want to listen to this song, either play Just Dance 3 or watch YouTube videos of it. All bad words are censored. There are still suggestive lyrics, but nothing graphic. This version is not quite for younger kids, but it should be OK for you. There is also a clean version of this song that should be fine for you. "Damn" is uncensored, but that shouldn't be a problem. You know, I really think this song would be suitable for a cartoonishly violent Batman movie, show, or game, considering the way the music was made. Don't Lie: another really good song. It's fairly serious, but the lyrics are pretty clean. I'd say this song is OK for 10 and up. My Humps: really cool and campy song, but although profanity is no worse than “a-s,” the song is about sex (there are a few explicit sexual references). I’d say this song is best for 16 and up. My Style: another really cool and campy song. However, there is one use of "c--t" and one explicit sexual reference. Cocaine is mentioned. I'd say this song is best for 15 and up. Gone Going: another really good song with a good message. You don't just need materials to live. There are still 3 uses of "damn." I'd say this song is OK for 9 and up. Ba Bump: really cool and campy song. However, there are 2 uses of the "N" word and one explicit sexual reference. There is also one reference to punching cops. Marijuana and alcohol are mentioned. I'd say this song is best for 15 and up. Bebot: another really cool and mostly campy song. It's also very catchy and I feel it should be fine for all ages. They Don't Want Music: another really cool and campy song. However, there is one explicit sexual reference. I'd say this song is best for 15 and up. Union: another really good song. It talks about how sad war is. There is one use of "God." I'd say this song is OK for 8 and up. Like That: really cool and campy song. It’s about musical fun, but the song does have one joke about a rape incident. Infrequent use of strong language includes the "N" word. I'd say this song is best for 15 and up. Dum Diddly: another really cool and campy song. It's really clean, but there is one violent metaphor. I'd say this song is OK for 11 and up. Feel It: another really cool and campy song. There are some suggestive lyrics, but nothing too bad. Infrequent use of mild language includes 2 uses of "a-s." I'd say this song is OK for 13 and up. Disco Club: another really cool and campy song. However, there are some explicit sexual references. The song also has the "N" word in it. I'd say this song is best for 16 and up. Audio Delite At Low Fidelity: another really good song. It should be fine for all ages. It has good rapping and drumming. Anyway, it's fun to listen to those songs and I highly recommend them for Black Eyed Peas fans.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2014

"Let's use our singing skills to talk about iffy things!"

Here is a review of a couple individual songs:

My Humps: Just from the title, you should realize the explict-ness of this song. Lyrics include: "I'm gonna make you work", "What'cha gonna do with that junk in your trunk", and obviously more explict stuff. "Lovely lady lumps" isn't the best thing for a 9-year-old.

Don't Phunk With my Heart: "Phunk" is obviously used as a form of "f*ck". Lyrics include but are not limited to "I love you more than s*x appeal".

Pump It: I didn't hear any explict material in this song.

However, the tunes here are kind of catchy, so if lyrics are unaccounted for in your family, this should be just fine for you and your family.

Kid, 10 years old December 15, 2012

What a Waste.

I do not like this album. It is not kid-friendly, and I'm wondering why they sampled Misirlou in their song Pump It. It makes me sick, seeing an amazing song turned into dust. If you are going to sample the king of the surf guitar's music, you must do a good job with it, otherwise it saddens people.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 4, 2011

meant really for teens

i bought this cd when i was 12 and i think its a really good cd disco club and my humps are sexy but dum diddly is fun. it was my favorite song at the time. union is about coming together.

Kid, 10 years old April 23, 2011

What???????????? People listen to this???????

!!!TERRIBLE!!!!!
This is a LOT worse than their other albums!
TOO MANY BAD WORDS!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 11, 2010
This album is like inappropriate, but ages 15 years and older may handle it, just like the THE END album.

Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2010
Pump it was the only one ive heard, but its a mess! they say the s word once, the a word twice, and a good 30 seconds of nothing but d words.

Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

MAYBE for tweens

The CD is okay, but Pump It and Don't Phunk with my Heart are great.

Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

Hmm...

I started loving this music when I was about 7. My sister later told me what the songs meant. I never listened to that album again. Not appropriate for kids under 12.
Kid, 9 years old March 26, 2010
Is this good or not? I gave it one star because I did not know if it was good or not. So do not blame me for what i did.

Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Good sounds but strong content

Good sounds, but lyrics aren't exactly appropriate for younger ones. Sex references are the same e.g PUMP IT. Some songs have good messages (eg. Where is the Love?) but there lacking in this particular album.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 16, 2009

ok

its ok i but i think fergie's new album is way better
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byfergieluver99 April 9, 2008

BEST BLACK EYED PEAS ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!

oh my god this is the best black eyed peas album ever. i think that sexuality in this album is a little iffy on the song "my humps" but it is still a good song. i think that this album is fine for 11 and up. yo the black eyed peas are the best! peace :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Black eyed peas take music to another whole other level.

The Blacked Peas music does get a little bit borring after a while but they have about every tipe of music in there CD. Monkey business is definitly worth buying.
Teen, 17 years old Written byUlises6 April 9, 2008

I loved it

i really love this album i think it is better than elephunk. the sexist song is my humps and the beets are better
Teen, 13 years old Written byfpsdude April 9, 2008

good album

Good music, relatively clean and has gr8 rythm. Dont phunk with my heart especially good
Teen, 13 years old Written byMainEvent46 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bybragoandcheri April 9, 2008

Not your mom's Elephunk

This album can never be compared to Elephunk.
The beats are weak, the messages are bad for children and teens, and the lyrics get annoying.