All teen and kid member reviews for "My Life" (CD Single)

Teen, 14 years old Written byesmith015 January 7, 2013

Maroon 5 Forever!

Adam Levine is the only good singer in this song
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheGoodGuy February 2, 2014

Nothing by 50 Cent is appropriate

Very few rappers have little or no profanity in their lyrics. 50 Cent is NOT one of those rappers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLinkTech267 April 8, 2016

Not As Violent As CSM Says. Lots Of Swearing though.

There's not much violence in this song, mostly metaphors to describe their careers. One line about how 2 other rappers can "suck a d**k". Get the clean version if your that worried.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWhatRap March 13, 2016

My Life earns four stars where the good outweighs the small flaws, but it's nfot at all groundbreaking.

The idea for a team-up with 50 Cent, Adam Levine, and Eminem sounded perfect. And as it turns out, it came out well. Honestly, we could of seen a little better come out of them, but I'm very happy with what we have. Firstly, Adam Levine on the Chorus: He did excellent. Adam Levine's voice is very clear, and pretty good to listen to. He syncs well with the other two, and I'm happy for that. The lyrics on the Chorus aren't anything great, but they are captivating and they're not below average. I'd probably say, however, that 50 Cent highlighted the performances here. He sounded great, and had good lyrics, as well. Eminem also did well, and he had his expected extremely clever wordplay in this single. He's still not changing his beat much, and we've seen it before, but his lyrics shine. The second half of his turn slows it down a bit, and does very well. As for the music video, for Adam Levine, it's just regular guy-in-a-house singing, and for 50 Cent he's just in a building and a car. It's certainly not bad, but it's not much. However, I really enjoyed how Eminems music video part went. It's very unique, and it's also somewhat fun to watch. As for the content, I really don't think CSM has generalized enough on this one. I feel like besides bragging, most of the content has mostly been hidden by the pace of the lyrics. The listen references are things that children won't get, and will most likely just listen to the rest of the song. These references seem pretty few-and-far-between the otherwise pretty good lyrics. Overall, My Life is certainly not a waste of time, and the good far outweighs the bad, but it doesn't sound amazingly different then other tracks we've heard.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheProdigy November 17, 2015

buy the edited version on ITunes.

Parents need to know that "My Life" is an intensely violent song that's filled with graphic imagery and language. Teens will be interested as it features three popular artists: 50 Cent, Eminem, and Adam Levine. The song uses killing and maiming metaphors to describe how these artists will crush their musical competition, and the lyrics are filled with words like "f--k" and "p---y."
Teen, 13 years old Written byEminemHopsin123.J April 12, 2014

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing song but very strong language.

Now I love this song and it's perfect for any other rap lover. But be super cautious if your child wants to hear this song. There are plenty of uses of the word f-ck in Eminem's verse. And he does take swearing to another level. He also uses a oral sex reference but not sexually. "C-cksucking opinion to me!" And 50 uses one as well. "Both f-cking suck a d-ck!" But if you read through the lines you'll see that they're plenty of good messages and some role models.
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2013

Good but needs to tone the language down

The song is great however there is a bit of language. You can tell because there are gaps while the singers still mouth the words on 4music. I like the song but the language needs to tone down a bit
Teen, 15 years old Written byJellyfishJam38 December 24, 2012

Eminem and 50 return in pretty good song

Since his sub-par Recovery album, I haven't seen much of Eminem. And 50 Cent? I rarely listen to him. I don't think either of those artists have done anything for at least half a year, but here they are, back, and good as ever! Adam Levine from Maroon 5 also stars in the song, to perform a pwerful chorus. Even though I like this song, I think you should wait until you're a teenager to hear it. Here's why: VIOLENCE: Mild. Both 50 and Eminem use some violent metaphors against their critics, such as "I was in the f***ing shed sharpening my machete" and "Maybe I should go crazy/Maybe I should do it 3am in the morning like Shady". This site has blown those references out of proportion, as I definitely don't think this song is that bad, as far as rappers go, and the violence is only mild. The song also has quite a dark theme. SEXUAL CONTENT: Moderate. One particularly crude metaphorical sexual reference, directed at two rappers, that also uses the word "d**k". A similar slang term appears very quickly in Eminem's verse. LANGUAGE: Strong. I think I counted around 22 swear words in this song. There's a lot of language, especially during Eminem's verse. Let's see, there's "f**k", "c**k", "d**k", "p***y", "b***h", "n****", and "s**t". Still, it's nothing that a teenager hasn't heard before. SUBSTANCE USE: Very mild. It mentions the word "lacing" to describe making a song better, and also implies that 50 Cent used to be a drug-dealer. No graphic terms are used for this, and you won't even get it if you don't know about his past.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2012

50 is back but with a good but depressing song

Great song but pretty depressing. But a well deserved five stars. Especially the rap of 50 cent.