All member reviews for "My Life" (CD Single)

Teen, 13 years old Written byEminemHopsin123.J April 12, 2014

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing song but very strong language.

Now I love this song and it's perfect for any other rap lover. But be super cautious if your child wants to hear this song. There are plenty of uses of the word f-ck in Eminem's verse. And he does take swearing to another level. He also uses a oral sex reference but not sexually. "C-cksucking opinion to me!" And 50 uses one as well. "Both f-cking suck a d-ck!" But if you read through the lines you'll see that they're plenty of good messages and some role models.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheGoodGuy February 2, 2014

Nothing by 50 Cent is appropriate

Very few rappers have little or no profanity in their lyrics. 50 Cent is NOT one of those rappers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byesmith015 January 7, 2013

Maroon 5 Forever!

Adam Levine is the only good singer in this song
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2013

Good but needs to tone the language down

The song is great however there is a bit of language. You can tell because there are gaps while the singers still mouth the words on 4music. I like the song but the language needs to tone down a bit
Teen, 15 years old Written byJellyfishJam38 December 24, 2012

Eminem and 50 return in pretty good song

Since his sub-par Recovery album, I haven't seen much of Eminem. And 50 Cent? I rarely listen to him. I don't think either of those artists have done anything for at least half a year, but here they are, back, and good as ever! Adam Levine from Maroon 5 also stars in the song, to perform a pwerful chorus. Even though I like this song, I think you should wait until you're a teenager to hear it. Here's why: VIOLENCE: Mild. Both 50 and Eminem use some violent metaphors against their critics, such as "I was in the f***ing shed sharpening my machete" and "Maybe I should go crazy/Maybe I should do it 3am in the morning like Shady". This site has blown those references out of proportion, as I definitely don't think this song is that bad, as far as rappers go, and the violence is only mild. The song also has quite a dark theme. SEXUAL CONTENT: Moderate. One particularly crude metaphorical sexual reference, directed at two rappers, that also uses the word "d**k". A similar slang term appears very quickly in Eminem's verse. LANGUAGE: Strong. I think I counted around 22 swear words in this song. There's a lot of language, especially during Eminem's verse. Let's see, there's "f**k", "c**k", "d**k", "p***y", "b***h", "n****", and "s**t". Still, it's nothing that a teenager hasn't heard before. SUBSTANCE USE: Very mild. It mentions the word "lacing" to describe making a song better, and also implies that 50 Cent used to be a drug-dealer. No graphic terms are used for this, and you won't even get it if you don't know about his past.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2012

50 is back but with a good but depressing song

Great song but pretty depressing. But a well deserved five stars. Especially the rap of 50 cent.