Kid reviews for "Need You Now" (CD single)

Too much whiskey fuels this mature country tune.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat July 30, 2020

Wonderful.

One of my fave Lady A song! My fave one of all time is “Champagne Night”. I like the “Downtown” song too. Fun fact: my grandma says “I don’t like the downtown.” (Dunno why?!). I think it’s fun and catchy. Anyway, I like all their songs really and they are perfect role models. I love them.
I don’t have anything else to say so, goodbye.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCooltiger37 September 8, 2018

Iffy song best for older kids

It's really ironic that despite the song's mature themes, my younger sister would blast this song all the time in the car and even play it with her music teacher. Granted, when she sung it, she respectively changed the words "drunk" and "whiskey" to "stuck" and "Pepsi", but that doesn't really take anything out of the song. That being said, this song's underlying meaning will most likely go over kids' heads, who will probably just think this song is about how two people really need each other because they really want to... love each other? What? OK, OK, OK, the song isn't really THAT inappropriate for kids to listen to, especially compared to most of today's ultra-trashy pop tunes. But still.

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2012

it's beautiful

Despite other people saying this song is dreary and lonely, but I think it's beautiful. There are minor drinking references when they say "another shot of whisky", but nothing more.

Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2010

Wonderful

Anyone could listen to their music! They are wonderful singers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 August 23, 2010
love this song, and this band!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byhannerz100 June 6, 2010
This song is amazing. Yes, it has drinking in it, but it's still very good. and how could you rate this iffy for thirteen, but rate cant be tamed iffy for twelve. Do you guys have some kind of deal with Disney?

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2010

Awesome song!

This song, despite the negative messages, is a great song. I'm normally a pop kind of girl, but this song has turned me into a country person!