Grunge breakthrough delivers massive guitars and angst.

Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2012

Kurt Cobain=A really good singer

He's so good and cool lyrics
Adult Written byKurtCobain(mainia) June 4, 2012

Best Role Model ROCKS!!

Its intended to be as simple as possible! Me & my baby 4 year old cousin listen to this ever single day Kurt wasn't bad he was against racist & homophobes!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Best album by Nirvana

They have been my favorite band since I was nine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMr47 February 3, 2013

Amazing

Parents if you don't let your kids hear this album you are a bloody monster. This is the music everyone should be listening to not this pop s--t take their Bieber and 1D away and give them this
Teen, 14 years old Written byspygirlkd September 28, 2014

Amazing

First let me state that I don't believe Kurt Cobain commited suicide. This CD is by no means the best ever, or even their best, but it is pretty good, in my opinion. My favorite song is Come As You Are, because I think it sends a good message. I know I rated this 10 and up, but if the schools where you live are anything like the schools here, the songs on here are christian rock compared to the elementary schoolers. Please, though, give your kids something real, not Justin Bieber, One Direction, smooth-polished, factory-made, candy-coated-and-gift-wrapped stuff marketed today.
Parent Written byNirvana December 28, 2014

Nirvana: Nevermind Review

I think this album is amazing, although a few lyrics concerning drugs, that's not a very strong reason why not to let your children listen to the album. DO NOT LET THE ALBUM COVER FOOL YOU! The album cover does not reflect the music, a common mistake for a lot of people.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystudboy24 July 10, 2014

Nirvana at their best

This is Nirvana at their prime. This is the album that made them chart topping in the first place. The album only has two acts of swearing in the whole album. 1 use of s**t and 1 use of f**king. Also some of the songs contain references of guns and cutting yourself. Also a big one is the fact the band is grunge, this mean often they will scream (shout) their music. So the verdict is that it is a amazing album and if you think your teen or tween likes rock this is a start to it. It is a lot better and cleaner than most rock now. Also the album cover is vulgar. But I highly recommend this album to anyone who loves rock ,grunge, or Nirvana. R.I.P. Kurt Cobain 20 years (1967-1994)
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 March 9, 2012

Just Amazing.

Goodness, Kurt Cobain is truly amazing. His voice just has that power to immediately captivate you. I have been listening to Nirvana for all my life!
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM April 27, 2016

A GREAT Album!

Nevermind is a fine album for ages 8 and up. This is the second album of the grunge band Nirvana, composing of Kurt Cobain, Krist Novaselic, and Dave Grohl (forgive me if I misspelled their names). This album has classics like "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Polly", "In Bloom", and other classics. I would reccommend this album to people who like great guitar and lyrics.
Teen, 13 years old Written by17cmiller February 18, 2017
Awesome album but a lot of mature content like guns and sexual themes.
Teen, 14 years old Written by3dblaster September 30, 2015

Most influential album of the 90s

This is more than an album. This created a musical revolution in the early 90s. The album itself is full of cryptic lyrics, including "Polly" which is a song Kurt wrote about a woman who was kidnapped and tortured following a punk rock concert. Despite the strange messages, Nevermind is a true masterpiece. It defined a generation. Imagine what the musical scene would be like today if Kurt Cobain had never tragically killed himself. Maybe rock would still be mainstream. Anyway, read this excerpt from their most famous song: "And I forget just why I taste Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile I found it hard, it's hard to find Oh well, whatever, never mind" These lines are the most quintessential Nirvana lines. It sounds like you are listening to something that osunds almost crazy at first but has a deeper meaning than what you would think.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCole Y. September 15, 2015

Great grunge! Alternative rock at it's peak. OK for kids.

This all time classic moody punk rock album has both a darker and a lighter side, with lyrics dealing with the struggles of Nirvana's lead singer Kurt Cobain. In the entirety of the album s--t and f--k are each uttered once, however the rest of the album is totally clean. There are references to some sex and smoking, but nothing serious and not really any violent imagery. If you are or you have a teen with a taste for rock, this album is for you. The album is bold and makes multiple important statements throughout. This album is OK for kids, but I would suggest listening to it only if you are 11/12+, which is who the messages in the lyrics are geared toward anyway.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFezesAreCool January 3, 2013

Great album, violent lyrics and some language though, 13+

This album is really good. Nirvana invented the whole grunge genre of music. There's one use of f**king and one use of s**t, some of the lyrics mention guns and violence. I recommend this album to any grunge or Nirvana fans 13 years old or over.
Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2012

Iffy for 11 under

Violence (PG)-Violent references. Sex (PG)-Mild references. Language (PG)- Some Language and angst.