Kid reviews for Nevermind

Grunge breakthrough delivers massive guitars and angst.

Teen, 13 years old Written byclam909 November 17, 2020

fine for kids

I love grunge and alt rock and nirvana is easily one of the best. In Utero is my favorite album but nevermind is a close second. There are small innuendos and references to drug use that little kids wouldn’t understand or care about. All the bad words I can think of are: one use of f**k, one use of w***e, and one use of “get off”. In Lithium they say “i’m so horny” but it’s not very noticeable and little kids wouldn’t understand. Drain you says passionate kiss and some sexual references but they are not at all noticeable. And Polly is about a young girl being raped and tortured, which you might wanna look up the lyrics for, but most of it is pretty subtle. Territorial Pissings sounds bad but has no swearing or bad lyrics. Overall it’s a great album and especially teenagers will like it. LISTEN TO IT!

Teen, 17 years old Written byTsubasa H. April 20, 2019

One of the most influential albums of all time.

I think we can all agree that this album is good. Very good, in fact. Nirvana has been my favorite band for several years and, even if I prefer In Utero, this album is still excellent. There really isn't much inappropriate here, pretty much anyone can listen to it. What I really want to mention is how many levels of not okay it is for the official reviewer to mark the album's age up, and lower the role models value, simply for Cobain's suicide. I don't think I have to explain what's wrong with that.

Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2020

Young kids won’t even know wut the heck Nirvana is soooo

This album is a classic. It’s just a super fun listen and one of those albums you just have to hear for yourself. Nirvana is mostly popular with middle school age boys and up so again, young kids won’t care enough to listen to the album. One use of “whore”, the f bomb, and some very, very small sexual innuendoes. So yeah, older kids will be interested enough to check this album out. If a child is listening to this, before that happens you should have a talk with them about mental health, drugs, and Kurt Cobain’s suicide. Anyways, great listen, stay safe, and be good people. Wait, before I go, I have to bring up one last thing that everyone else who reviews this left out. Polly. Polly is extremely dark. The whole song is based on the rape and torture of a teenage girl from the 70s. Look at the lyrics and Kurt Cobain’s explanation of the song. It’s messed up. Okay, now bye.

Teen, 14 years old Written byspygirlkd September 28, 2014

Amazing

First let me state that I don't believe Kurt Cobain commited suicide.

This CD is by no means the best ever, or even their best, but it is pretty good, in my opinion. My favorite song is Come As You Are, because I think it sends a good message.

I know I rated this 10 and up, but if the schools where you live are anything like the schools here, the songs on here are christian rock compared to the elementary schoolers.

Please, though, give your kids something real, not Justin Bieber, One Direction, smooth-polished, factory-made, candy-coated-and-gift-wrapped stuff marketed today.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystudboy24 July 10, 2014

Nirvana at their best

This is Nirvana at their prime. This is the album that made them chart topping in the first place. The album only has two acts of swearing in the whole album. 1 use of s**t and 1 use of f**king. Also some of the songs contain references of guns and cutting yourself. Also a big one is the fact the band is grunge, this mean often they will scream (shout) their music. So the verdict is that it is a amazing album and if you think your teen or tween likes rock this is a start to it. It is a lot better and cleaner than most rock now. Also the album cover is vulgar. But I highly recommend this album to anyone who loves rock ,grunge, or Nirvana.
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain 20 years (1967-1994)

Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2021

Amazing

This album is one of the best albums of all time. good for mature kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomestar07 May 6, 2021

Awesome music.

Anyone could enjoy this album. One of the few albums I can stand to listen too all the way through. If you like nirvana, I recommend Green Day or RHCP.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNirvanafan1234 April 16, 2021

one of if not the best album ever

it is a great album and it also brought attention to sexual assult mainly but not excluded to polly I think it could be very great to have a talk with your kids about what they can do to stop sexual assult and kurt cobain is a great role model a vocal feminist anti racist and anti homophobic

Teen, 13 years old Written bywizkid196 February 22, 2021

Listen

One of the best albums, great music, Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl, Krist Noviselic, Great People. I started listen to it at 12
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2021

Great album.5/5 stars

There is a naked baby just cover it up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBob9274 April 8, 2019
Kid, 9 years old September 27, 2018

Best Grunge album ever!

All I can say is that it's good
Teen, 14 years old Written byNirvanaFan2004 June 14, 2018

Good Album!

Even thought that their a couple of bad things the album does have their is A LOT of great things about it, the song, "Territorial P****ings" DOES NOT have cussing! "Drain You",TALKS about a "passionate kiss," their is nothing really bad about! But, the song, "In Bloom", has the word "W****" ,in it! Also the song, "Lithium", has," I'm so horny", just don't pay attention to it! The album is great!

Teen, 13 years old Written byUltimateNirvanaFan04 February 14, 2018
A decent album but few swear words,though the song "In Bloom" has the w***** word in the song and a song is entitled "Territorial P******s."
I think this album is for the older children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNirvanaPinkFloydfan November 2, 2017

Hi. I'm a fan.

I think this album is a decent ablum by Nirvana. By the way, there is a few swear words like one in a title. But, very decent, my fav songs is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Drain You", though. I hope you guys can agree with me. Oh, yeah don't the cover fool you!

Teen, 13 years old Written by17cmiller February 18, 2017
Awesome album but a lot of mature content like guns and sexual themes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM April 27, 2016

A GREAT Album!

Nevermind is a fine album for ages 8 and up. This is the second album of the grunge band Nirvana, composing of Kurt Cobain, Krist Novaselic, and Dave Grohl (forgive me if I misspelled their names). This album has classics like "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Polly", "In Bloom", and other classics. I would reccommend this album to people who like great guitar and lyrics.

Teen, 14 years old Written by3dblaster September 30, 2015

Most influential album of the 90s

This is more than an album. This created a musical revolution in the early 90s. The album itself is full of cryptic lyrics, including "Polly" which is a song Kurt wrote about a woman who was kidnapped and tortured following a punk rock concert. Despite the strange messages, Nevermind is a true masterpiece. It defined a generation. Imagine what the musical scene would be like today if Kurt Cobain had never tragically killed himself. Maybe rock would still be mainstream.
Anyway, read this excerpt from their most famous song:
"And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, never mind"
These lines are the most quintessential Nirvana lines. It sounds like you are listening to something that osunds almost crazy at first but has a deeper meaning than what you would think.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Best album by Nirvana

They have been my favorite band since I was nine.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMr47 February 3, 2013

Amazing

Parents if you don't let your kids hear this album you are a bloody monster. This is the music everyone should be listening to not this pop s--t take their Bieber and 1D away and give them this