All member reviews for Night Visions

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Media Reviewer March 3, 2013

Clean, powerful arena alt-rock.

Imagine Dragons are a talented bunch, and it's perfectly fine to let your younger kids enjoy their music. The entire album is appropriate for all ages. It also just happens to sound cool. You and your family won't be disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDragonLovr March 16, 2013

Best band ever!!!!!!

Imagine dragons never swears and they are amazing. A few of their songs talk about dying, but they are amazing. All of their songs sound different, but I love them all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byastronomic June 9, 2013

no complaints

Some of the lyrics do portray sadness and other somewhat negative emotions, but that's not a bad thing. What I like about Imagine Dragons is that nearly every song sounds entirely different. On Top Of The World is very calypso, Radioactive is very alt-rock, It's Time is uplifting and catchy, Lay Me Down (30 Lives) is a slow, thoughtful ballad - and on it goes. There's no profanity in their songs, which means I can blast their EPs and album in the car without my mother frowning or my brother squealing about how it's not okay to swear. All the band members have very positive, clean images as portrayed in the media, and they don't ever seem to have negative press coverage. I know people my age (a few of us are going to their concert together 7/30/13), little kids (have you heard that adorable 5 year old angel singing It's Time on YouTube? he's absolutely precious), adults (my parents and many other who approve of the thoughtful lyrics), and grandparents, who all like Imagine Dragons' sound and image. They come off as a slightly intimidating alternative rock group set to sing about love, death, sex, and drugs, but they sing about hopelessness and having bad days, and feeling down, and determination, and getting through all of it. Even if you don't like how their music sounds, look up the lyrics to any of their songs and I'm sure you won't be disappointed in the morals they exude or the words that sprout from their mouths. (On my rating: I think it's on for kids 8 and up because my little brother is 8, turning 9, and he loves the band. He has very high morals and knows which pop-culture references and lyrics are bad, meaning that Imagine Dragons' is okay for him. My parents are also very strict about language and references [no to some of the songs I listen to for their sexual innuendos and drug references] and they don't see any of the music as bad.) So if you were on the fence about listening to this album or letting your kids listen to it, I recommend you give it a chance. At this rate, I do believe that the worst to happen is a dislike of the apocalyptic references in Radioactive, or the melody and rhythm of the songs.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

Imagine this... GOOD MUSIC!

This album has some deep stuff in it. It's a GREAT album. Slightly violent on Radioactive, but Demons and It's Time are great songs.
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2013

The Dragons Soar Higher

This is an amazing album. The only thing to be worried about is in a few songs the band say the h-word. Otherwise, this album is great!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRobot Riot11 September 1, 2013

CSM Review Should Be Ignored

Most reviews here are fairly accurate, but this review is almost as bad Three Days Grace controversy (by the way, that review got two stars). First off, nine and ten year olds are most likely going to handle this easily. There's abosoluty nothing with alclohal, violence goes as far the songs Radioactive (which, the music vid is completely different than the apocolypse) and Bleeding Out (metaphorical), and language goes as far as h***. To end this part, let me say that Hunger Games got the same age rating. As for the music, it's fantasic. From Radioactive's alt-rock. To It's Time's indie pop. And On Top of the World's bubblegum style pop. They really know how to mix up their music. It could be debatable that the good barely outweights the good, which is agreeable. If you get the track, 1,2,3,4,5, and 9 are most likely the best tracks out there you.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylauren06 August 27, 2013

Love the CD. Highly Recommended Yet Not For Everyone.

It's a great CD, and definitely features some amazing tracks. It's more appropriate for teens, and I think kids eleven and under should stick to different music out of the alternative/ alternative-rock section. If you do pick it up or digitally download it, make sure to get the DELUXE version! It's worth it! Very minimal violence and catchy lyrics.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGracedIslandAngel May 1, 2013

Clean & Good Music

This is a great CD for 8+ it has the new modern beat but not the modern dirty langauge
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense December 5, 2013

KEEP CALM AND IMAGINE DRAGONS!

So I rated it seven and up because my sister LOVES this music and so do I! Two if the guys are mormon, the lead singer and I'm pretty sure one of the guitarists too. A couple of songs DO say the "h" word, but not in the swearing way. "The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell." Is one of the best lines in all of their songs. Also, "no matter what we breathe, we still are made of greed." the most violent this gets is probably Radioactive, "this is it, the apocalypse" "I'm breathing in the chemicals" "it's a revolution I suppose, we paint it red to fit right in." Very great messages in their songs, they are all basically about finding yourself.
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2015

Uplifting and Addicting

I listen to this all the time and never get tired of hearing it. The band is a great role model and the music is clean. The only reason I think 11 year olds are the youngest age is because the themes are 'thick' or in other words complex. Keeping in mind the themes are appropriate, they are still rather intense. But if your 10 year old really wants to listen to them, I say why not?!
Teen, 13 years old Written byReader111222 June 18, 2014

Amazing!!!

This album is a work of fine art. The songs are amazing! Some of the themes may be iffy for kids under ten, but other than that, some of the songs have great themes and messages. For example, in the song "Tiptoe," it's all about doing your best and working hard to shine and rise to the top. The most swearing/inappropriate language is "the h word" used twice in the album, but not in the swearing kind of way.
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2014

Awesome Album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you tired of Alternate Rock music being dirty?Well in ''Night Visions'' The Band Imagine Dragons sing clean songs.Songs like ''Demons'' have tense themes to them but not dirty.Only sex issues in the album is the word baby but it is rarely used in all the songs.Positive Role Models well in ''On Top of the World'' it tells you to believe in yourself.
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2014

THE.BEST.ALBUM.EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE MOST ASJHGHQUDBMDBFSNF; ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AMAZING!!!! THEY ARE GREAT IN COINCERT OMGGGGGGGGG