Kid reviews for "Not Myself Tonight" (CD single)

Even edited version of party tune is too edgy for tweens.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymocommonsense June 8, 2019

“Too edgy for tweens” really?!?

I like bionic, but not myself tonight definitely isn’t my favorite, sure, there may be moaning at the end of the song, but that doesn’t mean kids can’t listen to it! Does common sense media really think kids imitate everything? They don’t always! Common sense media, do you really think we are better with all this “not for kids” crap? We’re not! Is “not for kids” helping? No! It’s gonna make kids mad! Common sense media, you’re doing nothing more than limiting children! Give a child what they want!!!!

Bi~on~ic
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlickChick197 June 14, 2010

Must be for anyone over 17

I know you are probably reading this like "Who is she to say over 17?" Well, when I heard that Christina Aguilera came out with a new album, Bionic, I totally freaked and immeadiatelly listened to it on YouTube. Well, CommonSense may say that the sexual content is mildly concerning, but I totally disagree. Watch the video and you'll see why.

Black Leather and provacative dancing and clothing is definately something I would NOT allow my minor relatives to watch under my control.

Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2010
The line, "'cause I'm doin' things that I norm'lly don't do-o-o-o-o-o/the old me's gone/I feel brand new/and if you don't like it f--k you" is repeated twice in the song. Also, near the end of the song, Christina Aguilera moans disturbing things, such as, "uh-huh", "give it to me", and "yeah...that feels good". The song says: "I'm dancin' a lot/I'm takin' shots and I'm feelin' fine/I'm kissin' all the boys and the girls/someone call the doctor 'cause I lost my mi-ind". She's not a good role model, but if you're mature enough to not follow her wrongdoings, you should be fine to listen to "Not Myself Tonight"--the best song eva!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2010

Gaga-Wannabe

She's just copying Lady Gaga. I liked Christina when she was a bit cheerier (okay, I wouldn't like that stuff now but when I was younger, I did) and she made much better records. Now she's just another Gaga-Wannabe. She's destroying the talent she once had. Come on Christina, trust your instincts!
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2010

OK

Awsome except F**k twice

Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2010
This is a veryyy good song!

Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out April 29, 2010

another stupid song

So only 14 year olds should listen to this because they say the F word twice? You probably couldn't count the amount of times kids under the age of 14 have heard that word and worse. The content of this song is....wait for it......clubbing and dancing *gasp*. What a creative idea, we NEVER hear songs about that today (sarcasm). Seriously Christina Agulera or whatever her name is can sing decent but she just chooses to sing garbage and use un needed studio affects that make it sound worse. This isn't anything new here people. We have: a girl pretending to be a whore, a song about dancing, and a couple of "bad" words. Best for girls 13+ which is probably the only people who are gonna listen to it anyway.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymathgirlie April 28, 2010

Non-edited version for 14+

I personally can't wait for Xtina's next album, 'Bionic'. I like the way she's experimenting with electric sounds, and I think this song could be a huge hit. The edited version isn't that bad; yes, there are a few not-so-positive messages, but otherwise it is a cool song that is fun to listen and dance to. Way to go Xtina!