Kid reviews for Nothing Left to Lose

Subtle Christian themes transcend any faith.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 July 13, 2012

A christin artist that really is outstanding.

I was first introduced to Mat Kearney at a Owl City concert. Owl City was on tour with Mat Kearney and Unwed Sailor. After the concert I realized how much I liked Mat Kearney. It's somewhat funny I saw him live before I knew how good he was. But let me just say, Mat Kearney sings great music with meaning and heart. I saw that and I am not kidding whatsoever. From songs like Hey Mama to Nothing Left to Lose, Mat Kearney does nearly everything thing right. Mat Kearney is a christian but his music really can apply to anyone. I don't think Mat Kearney tries to just target christians. I myself am a christian and I must say he is definitely a christian but the things he sings will apply to the older christian or just more of a teen or tween. Nothing is inappropriate but he states things like"Remember back when you slept on my floor
Blow up mattress down by the door
10 pounds heavier from wasted time
We didn’t know we were way out of line" Things like this can apply to anyone. That is why I love Mat Kearney. The music quality itself is also quite terrific. My all time favorite song by Mat Kearney would have to be Hey Mama. It is more of a fun song that is about love but it is quite terrific. You might not like Mat Kearney but I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylovehopefaith July 7, 2009

Great! Ages 11 and up!

Matt Kearny is the man!
He brings meaning to what its like to be a christian, I find his music uplifting and inspiring in regards to keeping the faith that I obtain within my heart.
Awesome voice and lyrics.
All I need, Undeniable, Nothing Left to Loose are all great songs!