All member reviews for Paramore

Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2013

Paramore is appropriate!

I love this band. Their songs are inspirational and cool. Bad words are not everywhere in their songs like Eminem or other musicians. But the song Misery Business has the word 'whore' in it. I don't know anything else. THx
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamore45 July 21, 2013

This is a very good album!

I've been following Paramore for a while now. I did expect the album, "PARAMORE" to be different. Songs like "Still Into You", and "Fast In My Car" really surprised me! I guess Paramore is trying to transition into more modern music. PARAMORE is fine, and I think 10 year olds are mature enough to know what "You know where to stick it", and "Won't you come stay the night" mean. They can handle it, I'm turning 12 this August and entering 7th grade, I know.
Teen, 17 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx August 10, 2013

There's something for everyone, but chances are no one is going to like everything

I'm a big fan of the alt-pop-rock scene of the mid-2000s, so imagine my excitement when both Fall Out Boy and Paramore came out with new albums within the same month! This was one of the albums that I just had to buy in a hard copy; there's just something about being able to physically hold it in my hand. Now, I like a majority of the songs (as usual from them), mostly the ukulele-tinged interludes and the faster guitar-driven pop songs. The slow songs, I admit... kind of make me skip to the next song. Even if I like the lyrics (which I do), I need a song to make me want to get up and dance for me to get into it. But overall, the album more than makes up for this with the creative songwriting and who I think has the strongest female voice in pop, Hayley Williams. As for any content to be concerned about... there isn't, really. "Grow Up" (one of my favorites) says "I told 'em all where to stick it" and "(One of Those) Crazy Girls" makes a reference to sleeping with a guy in order to get him to stay in the relationship, but in the context of the song, it's clear that this is really unhealthy (it's an over-the-top portrayal of someone who confuses stalking with love). Also, in "I'm Not Angry Anymore," there's a reference, that not really violent per say, is not pleasant imagery (I'll rot your teeth down to their core/if I'm really happy). Other than that, it's all positive messages about getting back up when you get knocked down, and two cute (and genuine) love songs, "Still Into You" and "Proof" (some more of my faves). If you're a Paramore fan, I recommend getting the album in full, if you're just getting in to them, I'd recommend checking out the singles on iTunes to get a feeling for it first, since the musical stylings are all over the map here.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 March 14, 2014

Pretty good album

Paramore definitely has a new sound in this album, but I have to say that I like it! Although I do miss their older sound at times and wish they would do a mix of both, I like the kind of old-style music they have on here. My favorite songs are "Still Into You", "Ain't It Fun", and "Fast In My Car". The songs aren't really negative/positive, but some have good messages--"Ain't It Fun", for example, is a wake-up call for people who think the world revolves around them only to realize that they're just as important as everyone else. I actually don't remember any bad content in this, so I think it's fine for kids.