All member reviews for "Part of Me" (CD Single)

Pop princess sings clean tune about standing up to her ex.

Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015
Kid, 8 years old December 10, 2014

Good Katy Perry Song!!

It's very good and helpful to the people that need to stand up to other people. Katy Perry expresses that she wants to tell the people who are hearing the song to stand up to people and never give up. "This is the part of me that you're never ever ever take away from me!!" "Throw your sticks and stones. Your bombs and blows, but you're not going to take my soul-l-l!!" But in the beginning it shows Katy's ex-boyfriend kissing another girl.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellokittycaroline March 28, 2012

awesome song

After this song I gained even more respect for Katy Perry. She really is "a firework, a dancing flame". She's beautiful and talented.
Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2013

Part of me Review

Good song. About "Throw you sticks and stones" Talking about no matter what you do I'm sticking w/ this.
Kid, 10 years old October 21, 2013

Heard it for the first time today. :)

Nice song, heard it today.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 July 16, 2013

One Of Katy Perry's Cleaner Songs

This is one of the only Katy Perry songs that I can listen to without worrying about sexual allusions. While it's not my favorite, "Part of Me' is undeniably catchy and danceable. It also has a good, uplifting self-esteem messages and about getting out of bad relationships. I think it's fine for tweens.
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

phone

i threw my phone away. isnt that what katy said to do?
Teen, 14 years old Written byVanitasFajitas February 7, 2013

LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES. This song is pure hypocracy/hypocritism.

It's a fairly catchy song, but through it, Katy Perry is being a hypocrite. You see, in this song, she sings about how she can be strong without Russell Brand and can be a strong woman on her own, HOWEVER---she's already dated TWO people since her divorce. I'm sick and tired of the "I'm strong", "I don't need a man" crap, because it's all lies. For example: Kelly Clarkson released "Stronger" talking about how she is stronger on her own, but DIRECTLY after that single had its success, she released a song "Dark Side" in which she wants someone to love her regardless of her dark side.
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2013

This song gives major advise!

To me, this song says a lot. And I mean, ALOT. It give you self-of-steam to have "faith" in your actions. Good for all ages(:
Kid, 11 years old December 17, 2012

I LOVE KATTY PERRY SONGS!!!!

THIS IS A GOOD SONG!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2012

Okay song.

This song is okay. I like it better than Wide Awake, I guess. It's catchy. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Parent Written byAbigail1975000 July 15, 2012

Part of Me

Katy tells kids (and adults!) that no one should ever treat you badly (in a relationship) and they can't ever take anything away from them. Little kids won't understand, but they sure will love to dance to it! (and you don't have to worry about them hearing anything bad!)
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2012

Has Great Messeges for Young Girls!

I personally am not much of a Katy Perry fan, but this song surprised me. It is catchy, has numerous good messeges, and is a great song for young girls. It is well themed, and is a fun, self-esteem boosting song.
Parent Written byMusic/Movies June 26, 2012

Great, Clean Song.

No sex, no violence, no language, no drinking. Very clean tune about standing up for yourself. Good for all ages.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 10, 2012
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2012

Clean Song with Good Message

I think Part of Me is a great song that teaches people to stand up for themselves and to get respect. Unlike a lot of Katy's songs, it doesn't have any references to partying, alcohol, and sex. Overall, an AWESOME song for anyone!
Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

Part Of Me

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE KATY PERRY! She is back! With the same catchy atitude! Man she rocks!
Parent Written byCooldee May 8, 2012

"Part of Me" is alright for girls and women to look up to!

Part of Me teaches women and girls on how not to stay with a guy who mistreats you. Right on!
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshipie May 6, 2012

"You can keep your diamond ring, it don't mean nothing anyway"

KP tells the aftermath of her divorce through this song. She reveals to the world that she is "so over" her ex, and she is ready to move on. Katy is the modern example of "woman power". This song is cleaner than most of her previous hits. The music video is okay, no sexual content at all (which is surprising, since this is a break-up song). It is a very catchy and mainstream song, KP fans will not be disappointed.
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2012

My life song and the best song ever!

This is an Awesome song and I was screaming it at my school dance!! Even though it is about standing up about your ex, I used it as a song to stand up about bullying. Very good song for all ages but there are some little violent patches like "You chewed me up and spit me out" and "Throw your sticks and your stones, throw your bombs and your blows" in the chorus. I don't think it's a big deal but for some parents it is. Overall a GREAT song:)