All member reviews for "Part of Me" (CD Single)

Teen, 14 years old Written byKhOiCoOl March 5, 2012

Obviously this song is exactly like it title Part Of Me. Lyrics is clean and had positive message like 'This is the part of me that you never gonna ever take away from me'
Teen, 14 years old Written byLittleMinajWarrior February 27, 2012

LOVE

This song is AMAZING! I love it, and it skyrocketed the charts when it first came out. I've been waiting a long time for it to come out. It's catchy and fun, and a good song. Nothing bad in it at all, usually her songs aren't that bad anyway. And it has a powerful message and just shows how much of a strong woman she is and how fast she can bounce back. Russell is a stupid crackhead for divorcing her, I hope he realizes what he lost. I don't know why she trusted him anyway, after the things he's done. And the "16" year old talkin about Zelda and stuff can't be 16, if you are, do you have any friends? D: lol
Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2012

Good song

I like this song. It's about finding the true you and standing up for yourself, and knowing that no one can truly take that happy part of you. If you have seen the video, Katy gets mad at her ex, drives to a gas station, cuts her hair and changes, joins the marines, and becomes the better person. But, one bad scene is when she is in the bath tub (theirs bubble bath, don't worry), and her boyfriend, is there. Overal, it's a great, expressive song. I'm glad Katy turned over a new leaf.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellokittycaroline March 28, 2012

awesome song

After this song I gained even more respect for Katy Perry. She really is "a firework, a dancing flame". She's beautiful and talented.
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2012

My life song and the best song ever!

This is an Awesome song and I was screaming it at my school dance!! Even though it is about standing up about your ex, I used it as a song to stand up about bullying. Very good song for all ages but there are some little violent patches like "You chewed me up and spit me out" and "Throw your sticks and your stones, throw your bombs and your blows" in the chorus. I don't think it's a big deal but for some parents it is. Overall a GREAT song:)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 March 13, 2012

Really good Katy Perry song!

I've listened to this and it's really good. It's very clean and has a great message about not letting people take away your self-esteem (a good message for kids that have been bullied) and about not putting up with mistreatment in a relationship (a good message for young teens just starting their romantic lives) OK for kids 10+. Sex: Centered around a relationship, but no sexual references.
Teen, 15 years old Written byflattire March 22, 2012

Fun and Clean Song!

I was honestly surprised when I heard this song. When I realized it was Katy Perry singing it, I was shocked. Usually Katy Perry comes out with very sexual songs, but this song is squeaky-clean! Overall, it has a pretty good message about working through a hard relationship. Fine for kids and a fun beat. I am also glad that Katy Perry has been coming out with cleaner songs such as 'The One That Got Away' or before that 'Firework'. She is extremely popular, and if she continues to come out with good music, she could make a big impact and show the world that to be popular you don't have to cuss or be sexual.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylomax April 10, 2012

good for everyone!

This is a song that is not appropriate in any way.
Kid, 9 years old March 30, 2012

Dosn't have to be 11

It's the best it doesn't have to be 4 11 year olds.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2012

Has Great Messeges for Young Girls!

I personally am not much of a Katy Perry fan, but this song surprised me. It is catchy, has numerous good messeges, and is a great song for young girls. It is well themed, and is a fun, self-esteem boosting song.
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2012

GREAT song

There is literally nothing in this song that would make parents do a double take. No swears, no references, and no consumerism. At all. Seriously. If you don't believe me, buy the song and listen to it. Not only is it a treat for the ears, but all kids can listen to this one.
Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2012

Great Message

This song is a really clean Katy Perry song and it's pretty good too, I mean yeah she has had better songs, but this is a good song too, I think it's great!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 10, 2012

Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2012

Clean Song with Good Message

I think Part of Me is a great song that teaches people to stand up for themselves and to get respect. Unlike a lot of Katy's songs, it doesn't have any references to partying, alcohol, and sex. Overall, an AWESOME song for anyone!
Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

Part Of Me <3

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE KATY PERRY! She is back! With the same catchy atitude! Man she rocks!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywafflelover1227 March 25, 2012

Love this song!!!!! great message about not letting anybody change you and being yourself. really upbeat and dancy!! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshipie May 6, 2012

"You can keep your diamond ring, it don't mean nothing anyway"

KP tells the aftermath of her divorce through this song. She reveals to the world that she is "so over" her ex, and she is ready to move on. Katy is the modern example of "woman power". This song is cleaner than most of her previous hits. The music video is okay, no sexual content at all (which is surprising, since this is a break-up song). It is a very catchy and mainstream song, KP fans will not be disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover9 March 16, 2012

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good and not bad at all
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015

Kid, 8 years old December 10, 2014

Good Katy Perry Song!!

It's very good and helpful to the people that need to stand up to other people. Katy Perry expresses that she wants to tell the people who are hearing the song to stand up to people and never give up. "This is the part of me that you're never ever ever take away from me!!" "Throw your sticks and stones. Your bombs and blows, but you're not going to take my soul-l-l!!" But in the beginning it shows Katy's ex-boyfriend kissing another girl.