All teen and kid member reviews for "Part of Me" (CD Single)

Kid, 8 years old December 10, 2014

Good Katy Perry Song!!

It's very good and helpful to the people that need to stand up to other people. Katy Perry expresses that she wants to tell the people who are hearing the song to stand up to people and never give up. "This is the part of me that you're never ever ever take away from me!!" "Throw your sticks and stones. Your bombs and blows, but you're not going to take my soul-l-l!!" But in the beginning it shows Katy's ex-boyfriend kissing another girl.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015

Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2013

Part of me Review

Good song. About "Throw you sticks and stones" Talking about no matter what you do I'm sticking w/ this.
Kid, 10 years old October 21, 2013

Heard it for the first time today. :)

Nice song, heard it today.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 July 16, 2013

One Of Katy Perry's Cleaner Songs

This is one of the only Katy Perry songs that I can listen to without worrying about sexual allusions. While it's not my favorite, "Part of Me' is undeniably catchy and danceable. It also has a good, uplifting self-esteem messages and about getting out of bad relationships. I think it's fine for tweens.
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

phone

i threw my phone away. isnt that what katy said to do?
Teen, 14 years old Written byVanitasFajitas February 7, 2013

LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES. This song is pure hypocracy/hypocritism.

It's a fairly catchy song, but through it, Katy Perry is being a hypocrite. You see, in this song, she sings about how she can be strong without Russell Brand and can be a strong woman on her own, HOWEVER---she's already dated TWO people since her divorce. I'm sick and tired of the "I'm strong", "I don't need a man" crap, because it's all lies. For example: Kelly Clarkson released "Stronger" talking about how she is stronger on her own, but DIRECTLY after that single had its success, she released a song "Dark Side" in which she wants someone to love her regardless of her dark side.
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2013

This song gives major advise!

To me, this song says a lot. And I mean, ALOT. It give you self-of-steam to have "faith" in your actions. Good for all ages(:
Kid, 11 years old December 17, 2012

I LOVE KATTY PERRY SONGS!!!!

THIS IS A GOOD SONG!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2012

Okay song.

This song is okay. I like it better than Wide Awake, I guess. It's catchy. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2012

Has Great Messeges for Young Girls!

I personally am not much of a Katy Perry fan, but this song surprised me. It is catchy, has numerous good messeges, and is a great song for young girls. It is well themed, and is a fun, self-esteem boosting song.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 10, 2012

Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2012

Clean Song with Good Message

I think Part of Me is a great song that teaches people to stand up for themselves and to get respect. Unlike a lot of Katy's songs, it doesn't have any references to partying, alcohol, and sex. Overall, an AWESOME song for anyone!
Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

Part Of Me

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE KATY PERRY! She is back! With the same catchy atitude! Man she rocks!
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshipie May 6, 2012

"You can keep your diamond ring, it don't mean nothing anyway"

KP tells the aftermath of her divorce through this song. She reveals to the world that she is "so over" her ex, and she is ready to move on. Katy is the modern example of "woman power". This song is cleaner than most of her previous hits. The music video is okay, no sexual content at all (which is surprising, since this is a break-up song). It is a very catchy and mainstream song, KP fans will not be disappointed.
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2012

My life song and the best song ever!

This is an Awesome song and I was screaming it at my school dance!! Even though it is about standing up about your ex, I used it as a song to stand up about bullying. Very good song for all ages but there are some little violent patches like "You chewed me up and spit me out" and "Throw your sticks and your stones, throw your bombs and your blows" in the chorus. I don't think it's a big deal but for some parents it is. Overall a GREAT song:)
Teen, 13 years old Written bylomax April 10, 2012

good for everyone!

This is a song that is not appropriate in any way.
Kid, 9 years old March 30, 2012

Dosn't have to be 11

It's the best it doesn't have to be 4 11 year olds.
Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2012

Good song

I like this song. It's about finding the true you and standing up for yourself, and knowing that no one can truly take that happy part of you. If you have seen the video, Katy gets mad at her ex, drives to a gas station, cuts her hair and changes, joins the marines, and becomes the better person. But, one bad scene is when she is in the bath tub (theirs bubble bath, don't worry), and her boyfriend, is there. Overal, it's a great, expressive song. I'm glad Katy turned over a new leaf.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellokittycaroline March 28, 2012

awesome song

After this song I gained even more respect for Katy Perry. She really is "a firework, a dancing flame". She's beautiful and talented.