All parent member reviews for "Party in the U.S.A." (CD single)

Parent of a 11 year old Written byjsharpe October 17, 2009

Parent Written byCigaretteSmoke June 4, 2011

Anti-American anthem

Read the title. We cannot stand Miley Cyrus and her hating of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! Our children will stalk her down and eat her like they eat their saucy, succulent ribs.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bykkkkiiitttyy April 22, 2011

Parent of a 2, 7, 10, 13, 13, and 15 year old Written byNotACopyOfEvery... April 15, 2011

What My Kids Had To Say About Your "Families Can Talk About"

I discussed your "Families Can Talk About" with J, 13-years-old, and A, 10-years-old. I got some interesting responses and would like to share. My conversation with 13-year-old J went like this. Me: "About Miley's performance of this song at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards. Was the dance number with accompanying stripper pole too risque for the tween and teen audience? Or, is the media making the performance too much of an issue?" 13YEAROLDJ: "I don't think that was a pole dance. There's a bit of choreography in that um, 43 seconds, and she couldn't have done that without support. Although I do think her clothing was inappropriate." Me: "This single will be included on Miley's next album, which will be exclusively sold at Wal-Mart stores, along with her line of clothing. Do you think the album will make tweens want to buy the clothes as well? What do you think about launching the album and clothing line at back-to-school time? Is it just a way to get kids to buy more Miley?" 13YEAROLDJ: "Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with that, really. She can, like, sell stuff. No biggie." Me: "What do you think of Miley name-dropping on this single, giving both Jay-Z and Britney Spears a shout? Does it make the song more appealing if you are a Jay-Z or Britney fan?" 13YEAROLDJ: "Sure it does. I couldn't really care less about Britney and Jay-Z being mentioned. I don't think many people are going to be inspired to listen to them just by those lyrics." My conversation with my ten-year-old daughter A went a little differently. She strongly dislikes Miley so I asked her to just speak logically, not as an opinion of Miley's songs or Miley's personality in general. Me: "Families can talk about Miley's performance of this song at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards. Was the dance number with accompanying stripper pole too risque for the tween and teen audience? Or, is the media making the performance too much of an issue?" 10YEAROLDA: "It's not that big a deal. It's not pole dancing to stand on an ice cream cart and hold on to a metal pole for support. *laughs*" Me: "This single will be included on Miley's next album, which will be exclusively sold at Wal-Mart stores, along with her line of clothing. Do you think the album will make tweens want to buy the clothes as well? What do you think about launching the album and clothing line at back-to-school time? Is it just a way to get kids to buy more Miley?" 10YEAROLDA: "It might make kids buy the clothes, it might not. Depends on the kid. Not that big a deal -- other celebs have clothing lines. *giggle*" Me: "What do you think of Miley name-dropping on this single, giving both Jay-Z and Britney Spears a shout? Does it make the song more appealing if you are a Jay-Z or Britney fan?" 10YEAROLDA: "Uh, sure. It doesn't really matter. It would be seriously a lot different if she said 'GO LISTEN TO SOME BRITNEY.' Like, yeah...uhhh..."
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bybrabby618 March 16, 2011

Great song!

Being a dance teacher, I've found girls of all ages love this song.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySamantha T November 6, 2010

Bad.

I really don't like this song, but if your kid has taste in any quality music, you don't have to worry about this sort of thing at all!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byfroggey206 September 24, 2010

PERFECT

BEST SONG EVER
Parent Written byCooldee April 22, 2010

Educator and Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 February 21, 2010

The song is ok for kids but the inappropriate dress is not.

I love this song myself, there is really nothing wrong with the song itself but the way Miley dresses is inapropriate for little kids. I understand that she's growing up but she is idolized by very young children and they should have kept that into consideration when making her music video. But the song is very catchy and my four year old likes it!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byPirate fan February 15, 2010

Perfect for 6+

There is nothing bad in this song at all. Its perfectly fine to nod your head and moving your hips. I think this is a fine song pop song.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byMKCC December 20, 2009

LOVE IT

I LOVE THE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 8 and I watched the music video and I thought there is a little bit of sex.
Educator Written bytennisguy1847 December 2, 2009

a very bad role model

so my grandmother and i were talking the other day about miley cyrus. Get this, my Grandmother called her a sex pot. I cant blame her because she is a really bad role model and her parent encourage her. in the end she is going to suffer because parents are going to realize how bad of a role model she is and there not going to let kids listen to her music. . . just sayin
Parent of a 17 year old Written byrockonhm3 October 23, 2009

good
Adult Written byproud-ravenclaw October 22, 2009

The song sucks, and the music video is even worse. Don't let your kids watch it. It's not Disney Channel-appropriate. Miley's shorts are too short and you can see her bra.
Parent of a 7, 10, and 11 year old Written byMPerfection October 4, 2009

From what I know...

I like the song but haven't seen the video or the performance.
Parent of a 5, 8, 10, and 10 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... October 3, 2009

Good Song, Bad Music Video!

I listen to this while I make crafts in my garage!!! Tootie did a pageant dance routine to it and won the highest title in the pageant! I can say that my children will NEVER be seen dancing like Miley in her little pole dancing routine!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 24, 2009

good and appropreate

this song is great and appropreit.
Adult Written bycoleoluvsselanddemi September 3, 2009

Quit Being Parinoid People!!!!

It is fine. Why would she make this song FOR KIDS if it was going to be innapropriate for kids???? See my point?
Adult Written byabitligit September 3, 2009

Tween Queen

I think the over reaction concerning her dance moves at the Teen Choice Awards has overshadowed the fact that this is a fun song for pre-teens. I think compared to some of the other female artists, Miley Cyrus is pretty PG.. and she has talent. This song isn't winning a Grammy or anything, but it's all in good fun.