All member reviews for "Payphone" (CD Single)

Anti-love song is full of profanity; get the edited version.

Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2014

No Point

This is a song you shouldn't bother to listen to. Too much swearing and not many positive messages! Don't bother!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2016

Theres a clean version

Great song just get the clean version
Teen, 14 years old Written byTommyhead November 2, 2013

This song is Awsome

i love it. it makes a nice music in my ears. but for kids it's got in it's own clip lots of shooting and the song itself has f words
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Payphone - Maroon 5 feat. Wiz Khalifa

Positive messages: mentions anti-love Language: mentions f*** & s***
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 August 2, 2013

Awesome.

Payphone is THE best song by Maroon 5. It's catchy, cool lyrics, and everything! I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystandup2day June 10, 2013

Excessive Inappropriate Language

In my completely honest opinion, the use of language in this song is completely inappropriate for anyone 12 and under. They should not be using that language nor be hearing it on the radio, downloading it on iTunes, or listening to it on Spotify, Pandora, etc. This song is a perfect example of the major amount of swear words in songs these days. The song is perfectly fine without the swear words. While the swear words may seem "cool" to some teens, they should really listen to the clean version of this song.
Kid, 8 years old March 8, 2013

I mean the explicit version

Great song although It's full of profanity. Get the edited one, I wouldn't say that IT is all that clean but it's much better than the bad language version.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 December 26, 2012

Catchy, but dirty lyrics

I like this song, but I don't love it. Like CSM said, this is an anti-love song--the song's about being tired of romance. There's a lot of strong language in this song, like "s-t" ("All the fairy tales are full of s-t") and f-k ("One more f-king love song and I'll be sick"). The edited version is okay for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaia1596321 November 24, 2012

THE BEST SONG EVER

THIS IS THE BEST SONG EVER. I love this song because it is catchy and fun. My sister does not like it because I listen to it to much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeretohelp26 November 20, 2012

Get edited version

No parent would want their child/children listening to the unedited version of this song because they say "All those fairy tales are full of s**t/ One more f**king love song I'll be sick" three times and Wiz Khalifas rap says "Man f**k that s**t" and "Now it's me who they want so you can go and take that little piece of s**t with ya" Okay for 18+ Iffy for 16+ Not for 14 & under
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Amazing with no rap

This song is amazing without the rap I love it so much!!
Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2012

look down

If you're under 12 get the edited version this song has F--k and S--t alot in the unedited version.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2012

Payphone

A popular song that everyone will love, and wan't to do the talent show for it.
Parent Written byshanerocks August 30, 2012

One of my favorite songs!

It's fine for anyone if you get the clean version. I love this song! Unedited version says.... "All these fairytales are full of s--t", "One more f---ing love song I'll be sick". Wiz Kahlifa says, "Man, f--k that s--t", and at the end of his part he says, "So you can go take that little piece of s--t with you." Clean version is fine it replaces, "All those fairytales are full of s--t," with "All those fairytales are full of it." Clean version also replaces, "One more f---ing love song I'll be sick," with, "One more stupid love song I'll be sick." For Wiz Kahlifa's part it just is a blank for when he says, "Man f--k that s--t," and, 'So you can go take that little piece of s--t with you." Parents can feel fine with getting the clean version for their kids.
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2012

Really Catchy- Edited Version is Good

I've never heard the unedited version, since it has bad words in it, but the edited version is really good. Really catchy too. However, it does sound sort of like one song Maroon 5 recently released. I believe Payphone is better. I give it 4/5 stars. NOTE: When I refer to "language", I refer to the unedited version, of course. Unedited version would be right for... 13/14 and up, I think.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 20, 2012

I'm at a payhone,trying to call home!

Sure this song said the f word and the s word,but it is still a very catchy song! The rythm is cool,and it is super catchy! Heck,it is SO catchy I said it is cacthy THREE TIMES in this review! Cool!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhahahalol97 August 16, 2012

Not Bad at all, in comparison

LOL did a kid write this? get the dirty, ive heard worse
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2012

I LOVE this song!!!!!!!!!!

I aboslutley LOVE this song!!!!!!! This is my favorite song as if right now. I've always liked Maroon 5 they're great singers. Awesome song for 11& up!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 July 31, 2012

AMAZING!

My favorite song!All I can say is great!And in my oppinion the swearing in the chorus makes this song way better!Get the edited for 7 and under.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYoshipie July 23, 2012

Catchy and melodious

This is probably the band's most melodious single that they have produced. It is extremely catchy and will definitely be stuck in your head after hearing it a couple of times. Lyrically, this song speaks of a break-up, and how the writer is coping with the aftermath of it.