Kid reviews for "Payphone" (CD Single)

Anti-love song is full of profanity; get the edited version.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogcat August 12, 2020

My mom LOVES Adam Leivene!

My mom really LOVES Adam Leivene. I think it’s ok, but it’s good.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnthony_Luciano11 October 2, 2019

Payphone

Sad song that is what my interpretation of the song. Not a good song to listen to right after a break up heart break etc, but still a very good song. Has some language, but if you look up the meaning of the song you'll understand why it does and it will make sense. Btw this song is not that bad with the language, I have heard rap songs with and without Wiz Khalifa that are worse. If you have a younger kid DEFINITELY get the edited version, it says "All those fairy tales are full of it", instead of "All those fairy tales are full of sh*t " and says "One more stupid love song, I'll be sick" instead of "One more f**king love song, I'll be sick". They just block out the language when Wiz Khalifa say "Man, f*ck that sh*t and at the end when he say "Now it's me who they want, so you can go and take
That little piece of sh*t with you". Explicit version is ok for teenagers though. ( And FYI there is a clean version of this song without the rap part has no language in it or rap, it has an alternative bridge sung by Adam Levine, not Wiz Khalifa's rap part).

Teen, 15 years old Written byCooltiger37 August 6, 2018

Pretty good Maroon 5 song has lots of profanity

I had been listening to the "clean" version of this song for a long time in the car with my mom (who plays it whenever she can), so I decided to look up the explicit version for comparison. I thought that the only thing that particular version would do would be to include a muted s-bomb dropped at the very end of Wiz Khalifa (the edited version's only obvious profanity). Boy, was I shocked. The explicit version of this song had WAY more profanity than I thought it would. Here is a short list of all the differences between the explicit and clean versions of this song: Difference #1: Explicit Version: Now all those fairy tales are full of s--t/One more f--king love song, I'll be sick. Edited Version: Now all those fairy tales are full of it/One more stupid love song, I'll be sick. Difference #2: Explicit Version: Man, f--k that s--t. Edited Version: Man, walkdash. Well, that's about it. Overall, the song's overall actually a pretty good one, explicit or edited, though I'd recommend the explicit version for 13+ and the edited version for 8+. It should also be noted that the music video for this song contains a lot of action violence as well, with some bloody wounds briefly being shown.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBig Fan April 9, 2018

Great song, but not for kids or younger teens (the clean version is fine)

I think this is a great song. Wiz Khalifa fits in nicely. But it's still best for older teens. The words "f**k" and "sh*t" are repeated many times. I notice that the rap part is sometimes more explicit than the singing part, which I find to be unnecessary. Anyway, this is a great song (Adam Levine is a great singer and Wiz has cool rhymes) that I highly recommend for Maroon 5 fans.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2016

Theres a clean version

Great song just get the clean version
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2014

No Point

This is a song you shouldn't bother to listen to. Too much swearing and not many positive messages! Don't bother!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTommyhead November 2, 2013

This song is Awsome

i love it. it makes a nice music in my ears. but for kids it's got in it's own clip lots of shooting and the song itself has f words

Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Payphone - Maroon 5 feat. Wiz Khalifa

Positive messages: mentions anti-love
Language: mentions f*** & s***

Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 August 2, 2013

Awesome.

Payphone is THE best song by Maroon 5. It's catchy, cool lyrics, and everything! I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystandup2day June 10, 2013

Excessive Inappropriate Language

In my completely honest opinion, the use of language in this song is completely inappropriate for anyone 12 and under. They should not be using that language nor be hearing it on the radio, downloading it on iTunes, or listening to it on Spotify, Pandora, etc. This song is a perfect example of the major amount of swear words in songs these days. The song is perfectly fine without the swear words. While the swear words may seem "cool" to some teens, they should really listen to the clean version of this song.

Kid, 8 years old March 8, 2013

I mean the explicit version

Great song although It's full of profanity. Get the edited one, I wouldn't say that IT is all that clean but it's much better than the bad language version.

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 December 26, 2012

Catchy, but dirty lyrics

I like this song, but I don't love it. Like CSM said, this is an anti-love song--the song's about being tired of romance. There's a lot of strong language in this song, like "s-t" ("All the fairy tales are full of s-t") and f-k ("One more f-king love song and I'll be sick"). The edited version is okay for younger kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMaia1596321 November 24, 2012

THE BEST SONG EVER

THIS IS THE BEST SONG EVER. I love this song because it is catchy and fun. My sister does not like it because I listen to it to much.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeretohelp26 November 20, 2012

Get edited version

No parent would want their child/children listening to the unedited version of this song because they say "All those fairy tales are full of s**t/ One more f**king love song I'll be sick" three times and Wiz Khalifas rap says "Man f**k that s**t" and "Now it's me who they want so you can go and take that little piece of s**t with ya"

Okay for 18+
Iffy for 16+
Not for 14 & under
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Amazing with no rap

This song is amazing without the rap I love it so much!!
Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2012

look down

If you're under 12 get the edited version this song has F--k and S--t alot in the unedited version.

Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2012

Payphone

A popular song that everyone will love, and wan't to do the talent show for it.

Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2012

Really Catchy- Edited Version is Good

I've never heard the unedited version, since it has bad words in it, but the edited version is really good. Really catchy too. However, it does sound sort of like one song Maroon 5 recently released. I believe Payphone is better. I give it 4/5 stars. NOTE: When I refer to "language", I refer to the unedited version, of course. Unedited version would be right for... 13/14 and up, I think.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 20, 2012

I'm at a payhone,trying to call home!

Sure this song said the f word and the s word,but it is still a very catchy song! The rythm is cool,and it is super catchy! Heck,it is SO catchy I said it is cacthy THREE TIMES in this review! Cool!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhahahalol97 August 16, 2012

Not Bad at all, in comparison

LOL did a kid write this? get the dirty, ive heard worse