All member reviews for Philadelphia Chickens

All-star cast sings jazzy show tunes.

Parent of a 3 year old Written bySharon M December 8, 2009

Fun songs for kids, spot-on musical style parodies for adults

So much
Parent of a 4 year old Written bybookishgrrl88 February 6, 2011

Great fun! My only complaint is that the songs stick in adults' heads, as well. Can be a bit embarrassing to end up singing the Cows cabaret at a dinner party ...
Adult Written byLyndaSLP April 9, 2008

Great fun!

A fun for the family album -- definitely a hit with my preschooler!! My husband even loves to sing along.
Adult Written byRN in SB April 9, 2008

"for all ages except 43"

This is such a fun CD and book. My preschooler loves it! She listens to it in the car and follows along with the book. It is also quite fun for any adult that likes singing (silly) show tunes. A great introduction to different types of music. A good music compromise while traveling in the car or listening at home. Enjoy.
Adult Written bymrsrobinson97 April 9, 2008

Enjoyed by Adults & Kids!

Fresh, fun & you'll sing along! Enjoyed by the entire family (preschoolers on up!) This was voted as one of the "Must Haves" for Preschool Teachers in 2004!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

Big crowd pleaser!

We give this as a gift to all of our friends with kids between the ages of 2 and 7 (don't know whether older kids would like it , also). Most of this music is a take off on songs from musicals of all different genres (from "A Chorus Line" to Gilbert and Sullivan), but the kids don't need to know that! Also, for those adults who are not lovers of musicals, this still is very fun! Also, popular is the sequel Dog Train, which is more in the rock style, including the title track by Blues Traveller. Even has a Frank Sinatra-type song (definitely NOT rockish!!!), but called Boring. My kids think the song is, yes, boring, but we like the irony...