All teen and kid member reviews for Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Teen, 17 years old Written bybreatheSWScarolina April 29, 2012

explicit yet appropriate

I love Nicki Minaj and i know that majority of teenagers have heard of her and or listen to her. She, unlike most rappers, is less raunchy then other rappers such as Lil Wayne and Drake. Her album is very explicit, with curse words in almost every songs. Majority of these words are in a sexual way. If you don't want your teenager to listen to it, it is much understandable, but if you trust your teenager to not say the words, like my parents, you should let them listen to it, but it is your chocie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byevolinag December 9, 2013

Brilliant, varied album is heavy on language and sex.

"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" marks the beginning of a new Nicki Minaj era. While her first album "Pink Friday" was right to please the fan of pure fun hiphop and RNB, "Roman Reloaded" tries to mess around with different genres and tries out something new. While some of the songs still remain being old-fashioned rap that don't hold back anything, Minaj also likes to show us her skills at making dancable and catchy techno, dance and pop songs. There wasn't such a variety in a record for years. "Starships" sets the tone for pure fun summer mood, while songs like "Beez in the Trap" stick to her roots in crass rap. There are earworms like "Whip It", and some tracks whose synthesizers sound as amazing as they last did in the 1980s, such as on "Beautiful Sinner". Some fans of old Minaj propably won't like the albums more pop-ish songs, whilst new fans won't be all that fascinating by her gangsta rapping, but the album has enough variety to please them both. And if you get the deluxe edition, you get her all-time favourite David Guetta collaboration "Turn Me On" as well. --- Like the first album, Nicki Minaj's second one doesn't hold back any bad words and uses them in a more sexual way this time. F-words are used very frequently and therr are some n- and d-words as well. "Stupid Hoe" is the most extreme track on the album when it comes to language, though it's nothing sexual. Some threats and aggressive lyrics are used as usual in gangsta rap song. There are references to drugs and alcohol.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpicyPeanuts33 April 23, 2014
This is not a good album to listen to. Lot's of talk about sex, violence, drugs, and is full of bad language. At the end of the song "Stupid Hoe" the f word is literally repeated over and over again. Some racially offensive songs add to the terrible content in this album along with the language and sex. Not good at all. Ended up deleting it after I listened to it except for "Pound the Alarm" which uses b**** only a couple of times and is not overly suggestive or full of sexual rapping.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2013

More Mainstream....

This album is awful! I don't even consider this rap, this is pop. Nicki Minaj, as the usual pop superstar, has become a sell out. This album is too mainstream for me. I put that it is not for kids because it is violent, and contains a lot of sex references. This is absolutlely not for immature listeners. Minaj has created her own alter ego, "Roman Zolanski" and claims that "Roman" is her twin sister. I don't know why she says that, it just makes her look insane....which she probably is.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVanitasFajitas February 7, 2013

It's an average album.

I hate Nicki Minaj's personality. I wish I could slap her in the face erratically. I hate to admit, and I DON'T KNOW WHY, but for some reason I find her music very catchy. I prefer her songs that circulate more around the rap category than pop. She claims that she is still a rap artist, but CLEARLY she has changed to pop. I like the songs on this album such as "I Am Your Leader", "Beez in the Trap", "Champion", and ones that are like that. I do NOT like the ones such as "Whip It", "Pound the Alarm", "Automatic", etc. For some reason I just enjoy listening to rap music. The lyrics aren't appropriate for children; they include several obscenities and innuendo. If you buy the clean version, I'd say it's for ages 12 and up, but if you buy the explicit, I'd say about 15. It really depends on how much of an influence song lyrics have on you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiamacannibal May 22, 2013

Not good.

Plenty of horrible language. Plenty of sex. Plenty of drugs and alcohol references. Plenty of violence. Plenty of consumerism. What a shame it doesn't have plenty of inspirational stuff. Her music is very confusing, especially when she mentions God. I don't mean to be judgemental, but she doesn't seem like a Christian, but claims to be.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxi love cod July 22, 2012

my review on pink friday 2

I like the folloing songs. pound the alarm. starships[clean] stupid stupid[clean] and i dont think pound the alarm dont need a clean vershin coz swering in tha song are 3 bi**h's
Teen, 17 years old Written bymusicreviewer April 10, 2016

Nicki Minaj

This album has catchy song after catchy song, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate. It cusses and more but if your younger than 14 or whatever nicki has clean versions (watch her on ellen where she talks about clean versions)
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2016

N-O

Just don't. Violence, sex, swearing, consumerism, drinking, drugs, and smoking all heavily mentioned. FORGET IT.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 December 20, 2015
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2013

Why does Nicki swear in her songs?

Nicki does use innapropriate language in a lot of her songs.
Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2012

look below

This is NOT FOR KIDS noone under the age of 18 should be hearing this crap.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2012

No Kids

Not for kids unless edited.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySkitelz June 5, 2012

Great Music, Bad Language

This is really good music. Yes, the lyrics are extremely explicit, but honestly it's nothing that someone that listens to this type of music or goes to public school hasn't heard. Catchy pop songs, and awesome rap songs. She's a great artist.
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2012

Disgusting

I did not listen to the whole album, but i listened to the beginning of roman reloaded and it was not only explicit, but horrible. Roman's revenge was the same, even with Eminem it was horrible.
Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2012

Too Explicit.

I don't have the album itself but listening to songs from it, you can find a catchy beat but a horrible lyrics. It is not for kids. There are too much explicit words and raps including f*** , motherf***er , s***t , n****. It is the headache package. Don't buy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycupcakelove321 May 30, 2012

Love this album but not for 12 or under

I have this album and i am only 14 but i really love 95 % of this album. the songs are so catchy and "Marilyn Monroe" has a really great message. i would say ON for 16+ and iffy 13-15
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmily Rubio May 30, 2012

awful

This is horrible don't bother listening.
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2012

Explict Version: 16 or Clean Version: 12

It has positive messages on some songs. It makes you want to dance. There is a lot of language. Some drinking,drugs,etc. It also depends on if you get the Explict/clean version.
Teen, 16 years old Written byscreambrentleyx3 April 27, 2012

Nicki Minaj

This is a good song for teens around the age 15 and up because this song gives teens a point in life it tells about real life things happening in society that they might meet. And most teens this age look up to Nicki Minaj as a good role model because they can relate to her songs.