All member reviews for Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Teen, 17 years old Written bybreatheSWScarolina April 29, 2012

explicit yet appropriate

I love Nicki Minaj and i know that majority of teenagers have heard of her and or listen to her. She, unlike most rappers, is less raunchy then other rappers such as Lil Wayne and Drake. Her album is very explicit, with curse words in almost every songs. Majority of these words are in a sexual way. If you don't want your teenager to listen to it, it is much understandable, but if you trust your teenager to not say the words, like my parents, you should let them listen to it, but it is your chocie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpicyPeanuts33 April 23, 2014

This is not a good album to listen to. Lot's of talk about sex, violence, drugs, and is full of bad language. At the end of the song "Stupid Hoe" the f word is literally repeated over and over again. Some racially offensive songs add to the terrible content in this album along with the language and sex. Not good at all. Ended up deleting it after I listened to it except for "Pound the Alarm" which uses b**** only a couple of times and is not overly suggestive or full of sexual rapping.
Teen, 17 years old Written byevolinag December 9, 2013

Brilliant, varied album is heavy on language and sex.

"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" marks the beginning of a new Nicki Minaj era. While her first album "Pink Friday" was right to please the fan of pure fun hiphop and RNB, "Roman Reloaded" tries to mess around with different genres and tries out something new. While some of the songs still remain being old-fashioned rap that don't hold back anything, Minaj also likes to show us her skills at making dancable and catchy techno, dance and pop songs. There wasn't such a variety in a record for years. "Starships" sets the tone for pure fun summer mood, while songs like "Beez in the Trap" stick to her roots in crass rap. There are earworms like "Whip It", and some tracks whose synthesizers sound as amazing as they last did in the 1980s, such as on "Beautiful Sinner". Some fans of old Minaj propably won't like the albums more pop-ish songs, whilst new fans won't be all that fascinating by her gangsta rapping, but the album has enough variety to please them both. And if you get the deluxe edition, you get her all-time favourite David Guetta collaboration "Turn Me On" as well. --- Like the first album, Nicki Minaj's second one doesn't hold back any bad words and uses them in a more sexual way this time. F-words are used very frequently and therr are some n- and d-words as well. "Stupid Hoe" is the most extreme track on the album when it comes to language, though it's nothing sexual. Some threats and aggressive lyrics are used as usual in gangsta rap song. There are references to drugs and alcohol.
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2013

Why does Nicki swear in her songs?

Nicki does use innapropriate language in a lot of her songs.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2013

More Mainstream....

This album is awful! I don't even consider this rap, this is pop. Nicki Minaj, as the usual pop superstar, has become a sell out. This album is too mainstream for me. I put that it is not for kids because it is violent, and contains a lot of sex references. This is absolutlely not for immature listeners. Minaj has created her own alter ego, "Roman Zolanski" and claims that "Roman" is her twin sister. I don't know why she says that, it just makes her look insane....which she probably is.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiamacannibal May 22, 2013

Not good.

Plenty of horrible language. Plenty of sex. Plenty of drugs and alcohol references. Plenty of violence. Plenty of consumerism. What a shame it doesn't have plenty of inspirational stuff. Her music is very confusing, especially when she mentions God. I don't mean to be judgemental, but she doesn't seem like a Christian, but claims to be.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVanitasFajitas February 7, 2013

It's an average album.

I hate Nicki Minaj's personality. I wish I could slap her in the face erratically. I hate to admit, and I DON'T KNOW WHY, but for some reason I find her music very catchy. I prefer her songs that circulate more around the rap category than pop. She claims that she is still a rap artist, but CLEARLY she has changed to pop. I like the songs on this album such as "I Am Your Leader", "Beez in the Trap", "Champion", and ones that are like that. I do NOT like the ones such as "Whip It", "Pound the Alarm", "Automatic", etc. For some reason I just enjoy listening to rap music. The lyrics aren't appropriate for children; they include several obscenities and innuendo. If you buy the clean version, I'd say it's for ages 12 and up, but if you buy the explicit, I'd say about 15. It really depends on how much of an influence song lyrics have on you.
Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2012

look below

This is NOT FOR KIDS noone under the age of 18 should be hearing this crap.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2012

No Kids

Not for kids unless edited.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxi love cod July 22, 2012

my review on pink friday 2

I like the folloing songs. pound the alarm. starships[clean] stupid stupid[clean] and i dont think pound the alarm dont need a clean vershin coz swering in tha song are 3 bi**h's
Teen, 16 years old Written bySkitelz June 5, 2012

Great Music, Bad Language

This is really good music. Yes, the lyrics are extremely explicit, but honestly it's nothing that someone that listens to this type of music or goes to public school hasn't heard. Catchy pop songs, and awesome rap songs. She's a great artist.
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2012

Disgusting

I did not listen to the whole album, but i listened to the beginning of roman reloaded and it was not only explicit, but horrible. Roman's revenge was the same, even with Eminem it was horrible.
Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2012

Too Explicit.

I don't have the album itself but listening to songs from it, you can find a catchy beat but a horrible lyrics. It is not for kids. There are too much explicit words and raps including f*** , motherf***er , s***t , n****. It is the headache package. Don't buy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycupcakelove321 May 30, 2012

Love this album but not for 12 or under

I have this album and i am only 14 but i really love 95 % of this album. the songs are so catchy and "Marilyn Monroe" has a really great message. i would say ON for 16+ and iffy 13-15
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmily Rubio May 30, 2012

awful

This is horrible don't bother listening.
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2012

Explict Version: 16 or Clean Version: 12

It has positive messages on some songs. It makes you want to dance. There is a lot of language. Some drinking,drugs,etc. It also depends on if you get the Explict/clean version.
Teen, 16 years old Written byscreambrentleyx3 April 27, 2012

Nicki Minaj

This is a good song for teens around the age 15 and up because this song gives teens a point in life it tells about real life things happening in society that they might meet. And most teens this age look up to Nicki Minaj as a good role model because they can relate to her songs.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycinnagurl April 26, 2012

awesome pop songs! love the new nicki! but horrible rap songs

i think this album is really good and really horrible. i love her pop songs! my fave is automatic. there are some really bad songs on here as well. these include come on a cone. and roman holiday. they are crap. but songs like automatic va va voom whip it pound the alarm masquerade and young forever are worth a listen. these are by far the best of all of nickis songs. i think because of the pop as far as language goes is slightly cleaner than the last album but get clean versions and the songs listed above are great dance songs especially whip it and pound the alarm.
Teen, 16 years old Written byB.Diamond April 26, 2012

Cool, Diverse and Clever But WAY Too Explicit!

Nicki Minaj channels her gay male alter ego roman for most of the album. I'm a big fan of this album and i've been a fan of nicki for a long time now but I have to say although this album does have some radio friendly hits with not a huge amount of cussing (starships, right by my side, whip it, automatic etc) most of the other songs are sexual, vulgar, controversial and i would say not an album you can let your under 16's listen too. She goes from chanting demonically in a 'hyperventilation' style to melodiously chanting 'd*ck in your face, put my d*ck in your face yeah' while the album features not particularly child friendly artists. The album goes from hardcore rap with a large amount of swearing to raunchy and dirty r&b songs to up-beat, techno-pop radio friendly songs to soft and girly ballads (including a reggae ballad featuring dance-hall king, beanie man) and finishes the 19 track album with a VERY explicit and controversial track "Stupid Hoe" which is supposedly a diss-song to an older female rapper. The 3 bonus deluxe edition tracks are again radio-friendly and dont include a huge amount of swearing (the first deluxe track includes no cussing, the second deluxe track, the word "sh*t" is said once and the third mild references to oral sex are made) but this album is altogether another VERY exlicit project (much more explicit then pink friday) done by miss minaj (by the way who's last name may be a reference to Ménage à trois meaning sex with three in french).
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Review Guy April 13, 2012

Disappointing Album is even more shocking.Adults Only.

Parents need to know that this second album from Nicki Minaj is just as shocking as the already Crass Pink Friday.With tons of violence,sex,explict language,label-dropping,partying and drug use.All of this with little redeeming quality.There is an edited version,but this album is still better left off for the most mature teens. Messages:Negative 3/5 Not only does it have negative messgaes about partying and sex,it also has messages about fame,violence and being the best.Only a few songs like "Marilyn Monroe" and "Right by my Side" have any positive take-aways. Role Models:Negative 2/5 You do have to give Nicki Minaj Credit for being independent.But her raunchy and shocking lyrics make her outta the running for being a role model. Violence:3/5 Slightly less violence than the first one,but it's still violent here.The most violent song is "Roman Reloaded" with gun sounds that go from sex to violence."Bang my s**t bang.......got my middle finger on the trigger so that it mean f**k a n****r.",More mentions of guns in this album,however this is for the first part of the album. Sex:4/5 Plenty of Crude Sex Talk,sometimes very graphic when rapping."Sex in the lounge" is about having sex someone.The sex talk becomes less graphic and more playful in the second half of the album. Language:4/5 Plenty of swearing includes "f**k" it's brother "motherf****r","s**t","b*tches","P***y",The "N" word, and more.Edited version is available. Conusumerism:5/5 Constant Label Dropping,but never feels like a comercial.Name-Dropping includes Bud Light,Barbie,Grammy's,Maryilin Monroe,Nintedo,Air Jordans,Russell Simons,Angelina and Jennifer,Mattel,Patron and More. Drinking,Drugs and Smoking:3/5 Partying is a big part of the second half,With mentions of Partying,Drinking and Getting "high".Drugs are mentioned a few times. Is it any good:Fans and Critics of the Original PINK FRIDAY were disappointed by the fact that Nicki Minaj is trying to please everyone,this next album,she's not gonna please all types of people.Unfortuanly,this album is just more of a mess,rather than an improvement.In fact,the first half of Minaj's album is some of her worst songs she's done.Song's like "Roman Reloaded" and "Come on a cone" are just boring and forgetable.And ending the album with the truely stupid "Stupid H*e" wasn't the best idea(though it has the advantage of being funny.).Luckly the album is saved thanks to it's second half,though there's less variety,most of the songs are some of Minaj's Best Song's yet.Song's like the infectous "Starships" and the upbeat "Right by my side" are ready to be #1 Hits,and other songs like "Pound the alarm","Whip it",and "Automatic" are such good songs to have at parties.But it's still disappointing that it's only half great and half terrible.You're better off getting the singles only than the whole album,better luck next time,nicki.