All member reviews for Pink Friday

Clever at times, but way too crass and violent for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLadyGaGa96 February 6, 2011

Perfect for 13+

I personally love this cd. And I'm 14. Me and mom listen to this cd in the car and she's fine with it. Just get the clean version. Songs like "Fly" and "I'm the Best" and "dear old nicki" are really good. I think u should give this cd 5 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittleMinajWarrior December 16, 2011

Awesome and powerful album, but get clean version! :) LOVE IT

This album is absolutely amazing. I can't think of many words for this. I love it! It's catchy, powerful, embracing, and awesome! I bought the clean version. If you buy that version, it's ON for 9+. My favorites are Roman's Revenge, Did It On Em', and Blow Ya Mind (which is on the deluxe edition). The language in this album (if you choose to get the explicit version) are f**k, sh*t, b*tch, d*mn, a**, hell, p*ss, d**k, p***y, c**t, c**k, h*, sl*t, and t*t. So basically every word, but again, I bought the edited version. This album is great, and from self-esteem songs, to love songs, to songs about enjoying life, you will love this. The only people I know who hate or dislike this are guys, and that's OK. This album is more for girls, but I do know TWO girls who hate this along with Nicki, but they are country girls, so that's their natural excuse. This album is good for dancing to, singing or rapping along with, or anything. It's so fun and so awesome, it makes you feel good about yourself. Self esteem songs like Fly could make you cry, and I'm The Best is about getting through a hard childhood and a bumpy road along life. There are no real sexual messages. And this album is not homosexual, Nicki says that she tells girls they are sexy and beautiful because they need to be told that to show them how special they are. Maybe she shouldn't call them sexy, but oh well, her choice. Nicki is a strong woman, and I respect that. She cares about her fans and children everywhere and wants to get her messages out. This album is clever, and rapid-fire attacking. And by the way, idiots, by "Number 2's in the air" she means HANDS. Are you like really negative or something. I've read lots of your reviews and...no offense, but, you are so stupid! @VOLLEYBALL: How could you ban Roman's Revenge, it's the best song that has ever been created, it's clever. And keep this in mind, crackhead, it is all MADE UP, just a story they came up with for fun.... BACK TO REVIEW: I used to HATE rap before I heard this, now I LOVE RAP MUSIC!!! THANKS NICKI!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfunky girl March 13, 2011
Adult Written byDean-Monroe January 23, 2011

Pink Friday is amazing.

Nicki Minaj has become a true role model for anyone who was told that they can't make it. Even though her lyrics include harsh words, words are just words in the end. She has truly proved herself in the music industry.
Teen, 14 years old Written byChris Crosby July 6, 2015

Really Fantastic... If you are a fan of Nicki Minaj

Great album from start to finish beautiful singing Great rapping a great blend of pop and hip pop. Songs can be harsh at times with the cruel language and all but Nicki Minaj is a great role model for being able to come from nothing and become something. Good album for Lil Kim fans and new Nicki Minaj fans. But know your child before getting it because it all depends on the parent.
Adult Written byMartin_Canine March 28, 2015

Refreshing mix of rap and pop; the usual hip hop profanity

Nicki Minaj is a phenomenon. She has that special ability of appealing to both the hip hop heads as well as the lovers of catchy pop, which is in fact a rare combination among popular musicians. And, judging by her success, the combination of those style is just perfect for the audiences as well. After two more hip hop-oriented mixtapes, the self-proclaimed "female Weezy" delivers her first album, containing a wide range of style and attitudes. One has to know that buying a Nicki Minaj album means buying all of her personas, and all of her genres. "Pink Friday" neither delivers exclusive hardcore hiphop, nor does it focus on her pop fans only, but coming at a package of 18 tracks in some of its editions (be careful which one you buy, depending on the version it may or may not contain the singles "Super Bass" or "Girls Fall like Dominoes", and the awesome bonus tracks "Catch Me" and "Blow Ya Mind", among some others), there is enough for everyone. The hip hop crowd will be astonished by her aggressive punchline-drenched Lil Kim diss attack in "Roman's Revenge", when she goes out to fight her rivals "rah, rah, like a dungeon dragon" with a beat sounding like a frustrated drummer repeatedly hitting the snare drum in anger, and a hard edge rampage by Eminem feature, who presents himself as controversial as ever. Or the pounding beats in "Did it on 'em", with Nicki dropping one of the funniest lines in the last few years, giving a graphic impression of what she did if she had certain body parts. Those who rather like a more sentimental, meaningful or simply uplifting anthem may enjoy the emotional "Dear Old Nicki", where Nicki addresses at her old, less mainstream mixtape persona and reflects on how she changed over the years, or the sassy "Right Through Me", a crazy (and bit foul-mouthed) but cute lovesong that cheers up no matter how down you are. When she teams up with Rihanna and unleashes the powerful "Fly" to the listener, you really know that you have something special, a CD can perfectly mix hiphop attitudes you usually know from artists like Lil Wayne or Drake, with sometimes emotional, sometimes fun, but always refreshing pop music associated with artists like Nelly Furtado or Beyoncé. //////// The songs feature a wide range of curse words and some sexual references, teens and parents used to hip hop will know what to expect. Minaj is no exception in language when it comes to rapping, even though her rap is presented from an alternate, female point of view. Even though Nicki Minaj is one of the few rappers who support gay rights and even has a stereotype-free persona named Roman presenting a gay man, Eminem's guest verse features a few attacks against homosexuals. Minaj drops infrequent violent references, but it's more metaphoric than anything. Some drug references, to marijuana or cocaine. The album should be okay for mature teenagers who know how to deal with hip hop lyrics.
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 31, 2014

The Beginning of Meleaha Rhesae

Newcomer Nicki Minaj who looks like a Meleaha Rhesae doesn't racy-talk anywhere in her first album.
Teen, 17 years old Written byevolinag December 9, 2013

Superb hip hop album with crude, adult lyrics

Nicki Minaj's debut album is one of these albums that mark their artist's way to the top. On this record, you find hip hop and RNB tracks that were missing in mainstream culture for quite some time. Despite being released in 2010, it reminds of hip hop from the first half of the 2000s or Missy Elliott in her best years, and is truly outstanding with its catchy beats and cool rhymes. It truly shows Minajs talent as a female rapper, whether she tries to sound squeaky or low pitched - or both - which both sounds good. Pop granades like Rihanna or Natasha Bedingfield are featured as guest artists as well as rappers Kanye West, Eminem and the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am. To put it simple, "Pink Friday" will please fans of cool hiphop and RNB music and brings a catchy feeling. And if you get the deluxe edition, you can get her superb pop-inspired track "Super Bass" as well, which makes one of the highlights on this album, besides "Blazin" and "I'm the Best". --- Still, "Pink Friday" isn't meant for kids. It uses about every fout lettered word you know, including all kinds of c-words and all variations of the f-word. The words are hardly in a sexual context. Some aggressive lyrics like "I kill them and then I skin them" are used as well, but they are meant as a diss rather than seriously. Some references to drugs. Overall, it's what you're used to when it comes to rap music.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKit-Kat Girl June 12, 2013

Awful Rap With a Few Okay Songs

Nicki Minaj is one of my least favorite artists, especially since she has no talent whatsoever. Her singing is okay (revealed in David Guetta's single, "Turn Me On"), but she has no skill in rapping and her voice is much too high. She is an awful role model for kids, and her songs include a lot of cursing, sex, and drinking. The only song on this album I would recommend for kids of any age is "Fly," which features vocals from Rihanna and is about getting to the top and achieving goals.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2013

No. Just no.

Nicki Minaj is one of the worst "music" artists I have ever wasted my time listening to. She has no talent, she's an idiot, and not to mention, a bratty little diva. This music isn't for kids, why do people let their 5 year olds listen to this? Nicki Minaj....you can see from the cover of this album, is a big sex icon, and is not a good role model at all. It hurts me to see kids inspired by this plastic "barbie". This album is not thoughtful, but does have at least 1 or 2 songs that are tolerable, I hate this album, but it is DEFINITELY better than her second dump.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiamacannibal May 22, 2013

Meh

A horrible amount of bad language, including one mention of the disgusting c-word. Her rapping is clever, but definitely not appropriate for anyone of any age really.
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2012

Disapointment!

I am 12 years old, and I heard about Ncki Minaj from my best friend. She was raving about a song called "Super Bass" so I looked on iTunes, thinking I would find a lighthearted Hip-Hop song with a catchy beat. When I listened to that song and a few of her other songs, I was absolutely horrifed. These songs featured crude language, sexual content and were very explicit. No one under 14 should listen to this crude language.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

Good

I am 12, and i bought both albums. I listened to it today, and it was REALLY GOOD. The only inapropriate song is mainly " I did it on 'em", which had a sense of humor to it. I $#!TED ON EM! is said bout a billion times.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 23, 2012

pink friday

Families can talk about how Minaj uses a lot of bad language and isn't afraid to pick fights and fire back at critics. Do you think that it's necessary for a hip-hop artist to use curse words and rap about vulgar and violent things to be successful? Several big-name musicians are featured on this album. Does this fact alone make you more or less inclined to purchase this CD? Do you think it makes a difference? Would you buy the album if it were just Nicki Minaj singing on it? Is Nicki Minaj a role model? Why or why not?
Teen, 14 years old Written byKlyons14 June 26, 2012

Nicki Minaj Makes A Name For Herself

Nicki Minaj made a great debut album. but also let us k now that she will be another crass musician (if you haven't already herd her mixtapes) this is a great cd, with some cursing scatterd around in it, that isn't quite light, f-bombs, b*tch, stupid ass, motherf**kers, t**tys, d*ck and much more. the 2 songs to stay away from are did it on em' & romans revenge ( even though they are 2 great songs) they are choc full of verbal violence, abuse and language. overall you dont want to miss out on this cd, so if you have young kids, get the clean version
Kid, 9 years old May 27, 2012

Bad

Niki rocks! But she said "if I had a kid, I won't let them hear my music" she said. I agree, too much curses,and may inapropiate stuff even I don want to hear. I dont care about her albums,but niki sings stuff like "stupid hoe", isn't that a great message!(sarcastic). That song is dedicated to another person. You really want to hear your kid calling others "hoes"? I would not let kids listen.
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Meaningless

Maybe if you like hip hop
Adult Written byTony632 April 8, 2012

Pink Friday

Teen, 13 years old Written byelibohnert March 20, 2012

Pretty good.

I think the clean version is better. Some of the songs are good. Dear Old Nicki is good and Fly, Save Me.. :) I only have a few of them and i'm 13. Only get the album if the kid understands that using the language is not OK!
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2012

AWESOME!

This album is awesome and so is Nicki Minaj. I think if you buy the clean version kids 12 and up can listen to it. If you buy the regular version probally 14 and up. It has lots of bad words in it, but otherwise this album is awesome.