All member reviews for Pink Friday

Teen, 14 years old Written byLadyGaGa96 February 6, 2011

Perfect for 13+

I personally love this cd. And I'm 14. Me and mom listen to this cd in the car and she's fine with it. Just get the clean version. Songs like "Fly" and "I'm the Best" and "dear old nicki" are really good. I think u should give this cd 5 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittleMinajWarrior December 16, 2011

Awesome and powerful album, but get clean version! :) LOVE IT

This album is absolutely amazing. I can't think of many words for this. I love it! It's catchy, powerful, embracing, and awesome! I bought the clean version. If you buy that version, it's ON for 9+. My favorites are Roman's Revenge, Did It On Em', and Blow Ya Mind (which is on the deluxe edition). The language in this album (if you choose to get the explicit version) are f**k, sh*t, b*tch, d*mn, a**, hell, p*ss, d**k, p***y, c**t, c**k, h*, sl*t, and t*t. So basically every word, but again, I bought the edited version. This album is great, and from self-esteem songs, to love songs, to songs about enjoying life, you will love this. The only people I know who hate or dislike this are guys, and that's OK. This album is more for girls, but I do know TWO girls who hate this along with Nicki, but they are country girls, so that's their natural excuse. This album is good for dancing to, singing or rapping along with, or anything. It's so fun and so awesome, it makes you feel good about yourself. Self esteem songs like Fly could make you cry, and I'm The Best is about getting through a hard childhood and a bumpy road along life. There are no real sexual messages. And this album is not homosexual, Nicki says that she tells girls they are sexy and beautiful because they need to be told that to show them how special they are. Maybe she shouldn't call them sexy, but oh well, her choice. Nicki is a strong woman, and I respect that. She cares about her fans and children everywhere and wants to get her messages out. This album is clever, and rapid-fire attacking. And by the way, idiots, by "Number 2's in the air" she means HANDS. Are you like really negative or something. I've read lots of your reviews and...no offense, but, you are so stupid! @VOLLEYBALL: How could you ban Roman's Revenge, it's the best song that has ever been created, it's clever. And keep this in mind, crackhead, it is all MADE UP, just a story they came up with for fun.... BACK TO REVIEW: I used to HATE rap before I heard this, now I LOVE RAP MUSIC!!! THANKS NICKI!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfunky girl March 13, 2011
Teen, 17 years old Written byevolinag December 9, 2013

Superb hip hop album with crude, adult lyrics

Nicki Minaj's debut album is one of these albums that mark their artist's way to the top. On this record, you find hip hop and RNB tracks that were missing in mainstream culture for quite some time. Despite being released in 2010, it reminds of hip hop from the first half of the 2000s or Missy Elliott in her best years, and is truly outstanding with its catchy beats and cool rhymes. It truly shows Minajs talent as a female rapper, whether she tries to sound squeaky or low pitched - or both - which both sounds good. Pop granades like Rihanna or Natasha Bedingfield are featured as guest artists as well as rappers Kanye West, Eminem and the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am. To put it simple, "Pink Friday" will please fans of cool hiphop and RNB music and brings a catchy feeling. And if you get the deluxe edition, you can get her superb pop-inspired track "Super Bass" as well, which makes one of the highlights on this album, besides "Blazin" and "I'm the Best". --- Still, "Pink Friday" isn't meant for kids. It uses about every fout lettered word you know, including all kinds of c-words and all variations of the f-word. The words are hardly in a sexual context. Some aggressive lyrics like "I kill them and then I skin them" are used as well, but they are meant as a diss rather than seriously. Some references to drugs. Overall, it's what you're used to when it comes to rap music.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKit-Kat Girl June 12, 2013

Awful Rap With a Few Okay Songs

Nicki Minaj is one of my least favorite artists, especially since she has no talent whatsoever. Her singing is okay (revealed in David Guetta's single, "Turn Me On"), but she has no skill in rapping and her voice is much too high. She is an awful role model for kids, and her songs include a lot of cursing, sex, and drinking. The only song on this album I would recommend for kids of any age is "Fly," which features vocals from Rihanna and is about getting to the top and achieving goals.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2013

No. Just no.

Nicki Minaj is one of the worst "music" artists I have ever wasted my time listening to. She has no talent, she's an idiot, and not to mention, a bratty little diva. This music isn't for kids, why do people let their 5 year olds listen to this? Nicki Minaj....you can see from the cover of this album, is a big sex icon, and is not a good role model at all. It hurts me to see kids inspired by this plastic "barbie". This album is not thoughtful, but does have at least 1 or 2 songs that are tolerable, I hate this album, but it is DEFINITELY better than her second dump.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiamacannibal May 22, 2013

Meh

A horrible amount of bad language, including one mention of the disgusting c-word. Her rapping is clever, but definitely not appropriate for anyone of any age really.
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2012

Disapointment!

I am 12 years old, and I heard about Ncki Minaj from my best friend. She was raving about a song called "Super Bass" so I looked on iTunes, thinking I would find a lighthearted Hip-Hop song with a catchy beat. When I listened to that song and a few of her other songs, I was absolutely horrifed. These songs featured crude language, sexual content and were very explicit. No one under 14 should listen to this crude language.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

Good

I am 12, and i bought both albums. I listened to it today, and it was REALLY GOOD. The only inapropriate song is mainly " I did it on 'em", which had a sense of humor to it. I $#!TED ON EM! is said bout a billion times.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKlyons14 June 26, 2012

Nicki Minaj Makes A Name For Herself

Nicki Minaj made a great debut album. but also let us k now that she will be another crass musician (if you haven't already herd her mixtapes) this is a great cd, with some cursing scatterd around in it, that isn't quite light, f-bombs, b*tch, stupid ass, motherf**kers, t**tys, d*ck and much more. the 2 songs to stay away from are did it on em' & romans revenge ( even though they are 2 great songs) they are choc full of verbal violence, abuse and language. overall you dont want to miss out on this cd, so if you have young kids, get the clean version
Kid, 9 years old May 27, 2012

Bad

Niki rocks! But she said "if I had a kid, I won't let them hear my music" she said. I agree, too much curses,and may inapropiate stuff even I don want to hear. I dont care about her albums,but niki sings stuff like "stupid hoe", isn't that a great message!(sarcastic). That song is dedicated to another person. You really want to hear your kid calling others "hoes"? I would not let kids listen.
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Meaningless

Maybe if you like hip hop
Teen, 13 years old Written byelibohnert March 20, 2012

Pretty good.

I think the clean version is better. Some of the songs are good. Dear Old Nicki is good and Fly, Save Me.. :) I only have a few of them and i'm 13. Only get the album if the kid understands that using the language is not OK!
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2012

AWESOME!

This album is awesome and so is Nicki Minaj. I think if you buy the clean version kids 12 and up can listen to it. If you buy the regular version probally 14 and up. It has lots of bad words in it, but otherwise this album is awesome.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Review Guy February 17, 2012

Good,But Crass Album is for older teens

Parents need to know that this long-awaitied album from rap diva Nicki Minaj is super crass and violent,it's also full of profanty and some talk of drug use and drinking,unlike other rap albums,Minaj avoids explict sex talk which is admirable,but that still makes this album a better choice for older teens. Messages:Negative 2/5 Some songs are just innocent fun like "Super Bass" and "Check it out".But other songs like "Moment 4 Life" and "Save me" deal with more mature issues.Also let's not forget about how the rest of the songs deal mostly with Violence and bragging. Role Models:Negative 2/5 The fact that minaj avoids explict sex talk,unlike other rappers is admireable and some of her songs aren't meant to be taken literally as it's meant for fun.BUT most of her other songs are all about being better than anyone else,bragging and Violence,making Minaj a bad example. Violence:4/5 Plenty of Violent Metaphors,and talk about pulling out guns.References include "Every last woman on Earth, I'll kill you off, and I still wouldn't f**k you." and "B*tches ain't got it in 'em, I kill 'em and then I skin 'em". Sex:2/5 Some minor innuendo. Language:4/5 Lot's of swearing includes "f**k","C**t","b*tchs",The "N" Word,homosexual slurs,etc. Consumerism:2/5 Occasional Name-Dropping includes Disney and BMW,talk of being rich. Drinking,Drugs,and Smoking:3/5 Some mentions of partying and drinking,along with mentions of Cocaine,Weed,and Heroin. Is it any good:PINK FRIDAY isn't like most other Rap albums,instead of feeling plain,Minaj mixes R&B,Hip-Hop,Pop,Electronic and of course Rap.And that's what helps make Pink Friday a good album that also helps thanks to Minaj's Rapping,and her Solid Vocals.The Violence in this album could make some uncomfortable,but this is a better than average,and good Rap album,with it's mixes of other genres that'll appeal to others too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybray122 December 21, 2011

Iffy

I think this is not for kids 16 & under. The clean version would be ok for kids 13 & up but you can still get the message through it.
Teen, 15 years old Written by~smileyfacelove23 December 4, 2011

12+

"Fly" is very positive because it says: I am not a word, I am not a line, I am not a girl that could ever be difined. this shows a positive message. "Moment for life" is positive also because it says: Shout out to my haters Im sorry that you couldnt phase me. the only consumerism i ever heard was: he cope he dope, he might sell Coke from "Super Bass." The only song i recomend NOT to listen to is "Romans Revenge" it is very profane with the help of Slim Shady (Eminem) To that I say GET THE CLEAN VERSION!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaramisu03 December 4, 2011

Fine if you get the clean CD

Parents, if your child is about 12 or so and they want to listen to Nicki Manaj, opt for the clean version.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfrozenpizzaankoolaid November 24, 2011

Pink Friday= Amazing.

Nicki Minaj is a good role model. She has a really story, how she had nothing, and became very successful. I love all of her songs. Best female rapper ever! But I think for kids under 12 that clean version would be best to purchase.
Kid, 10 years old October 10, 2011

GREAT ALBUM! BEST RAP ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Language: "f**k" "d*mn" "a**" "hell" "sh**" "d*ck" "p*ss" "b*tch" and some words I don't even know... Violence: Eminem says stuff in "Roman's Revenge" that's pretty violent. Sex: N/A Oh, and newsflash common sense that may be the code, but she says "did it on 'em" and you made a mistake with the quotation marks you idiots! And about the cussing, there is an edited version available.