All member reviews for Plans

Indie rockers with impassioned music and lyrics.

This album is beautiful, and unlike anything else out there. So many bands these days all sound the same. This is an absolutley amazing album.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFullCollapse April 9, 2008

Perfect Indie Rock

It's great to hear that people are starting to finally appreciate Death Cab For Cutie. They've been around for ages! If you become a fan of this, which I know you will, you should check out their prior releases, including Transatlanticism, which is my favorite. You should also check out other indie pop bands like Franz Ferdinand, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Motion City Soundtrack, and Panic! At the Disco.
Teen, 17 years old Written byliterate April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogMediaLover April 13, 2014

Teens Have A New friend

This is Ben Gibbard at his best, which is saying alot as this guy was in The Postal Service, and has released over 10 great albums in the past decade or so. It contains passion and emotions not found in most teen music while maintaining the angsty edgy side of modern hip-hop and such. These are also amazingly well-written songs that teens and adults will enjoy immensely! But unfortunately, much of this subject matter may prove too heavy for kids- it discusses alcohol addictions, seperation from a spouse, drugs, friend's deaths as well as love's fickle nature. It is not as much inappropriate as heavy and it will not be enjoyed to it's full potential by most children under 13. All said, this is an amazing, catchy, well-written album. Death cab for cutie are great role models for musicians and people in general. Buy it on vinyl for an even more in depth experience of it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycolorsgirl April 21, 2012

beautiful, wonderful music for older kids

This is beautiful music, great for kids 10 and up. I don't think kids younger than that are old enough to experience feelings of sexual attraction, or separate their love for their family or friends from other 'types' of love. (the type that usually results in kissing/marriage/sex etc.). These songs are beautiful and probably the best music ever when you're at an age when you're experiencing the same thing. Plans (or any other dcfc album) is definitely worth buying!
Parent of a 2, 10, 14, and 18 year old Written bySystemOfANintendo January 28, 2011

Great indie rock for kids and teens.

Wonderful album. Great songwriting and craft. Lyrically on the moody side with some (very poetic) violent images, but setting a positive example. I recommend this for kids and teens who like alternative and want something different out of modern music.
Adult Written byRammo January 16, 2011

Amazing work. Hard to fault.

Exceptional album; I don't really think that it should be restricted to any age, as the melodies and songcraft is universally fantastic. I do think, however, that kids from about twelve onwards will understand the themes a little better, but that's the only reason I can think of using the rating system. This is too good for anyone to miss.
Adult Written byballfrog April 21, 2010

Perfect

They are an awesome group whos music is some of the only good, clean music out there.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygOd_bLeSS_cAtAs... April 9, 2008

Aweeesome...

DCFC is a great band! I love the song "Soul Meets Body"
Teen, 15 years old Written byrecycledair15 April 9, 2008

I

Death Cab For Cutie is a band that anyone can listen and relate to. It always perks me up and gets me going. Ben Gibbards tenor voice is sweet and melodic. The springy guitars and bouncy rythmic phrases make DCFC my favorite band along with bright eyes, the postal service, Panic! at the disco, and the early november
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Plans

Plans, so far is Death Cab for Cuties most known album, it features songs like: Crooked Teeth, Soul Meets Body, and I'll Follow you into the Dark. It's a good album and worth buying.
Adult Written bySilverDCTU April 9, 2008

Great Band for Ages 15+

Death Cab for Cutie; don't let the name fool you. This isn't another angry band, or another angry rapper. Their music is really just poetry put to tastefully made music. There is no mention of drug use or alcohol in their songs. Most of their songs are about young love, music itself, and everyday life. The lyrics are good, and unoffensive. The only exception to this would be in their song "Styrofoam Plates" where the song is talking about a father who abandons his wife and kids. The songs ending lines consisting of the words "he was a bastard in life, thus a bastard in death". All in all, a good band for any age and enjoyable by just about anyone who likes music.
Adult Written bywacallison April 9, 2008