Parent reviews for Plans

Indie rockers with impassioned music and lyrics.

Adult Written byLeKrispyKreme October 6, 2018

Great Album With Emotionally Driven Lyrics

With the Likes of Snow Patrol, The Postal Service, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, this band from Seattle, Wa writes songs about love, heartache and everyday life in deep and poetic fashion. Although it wouldn't be deeply understood and/or relatable until kids hit their tweens to teens, this very clean and easy listening band can be heard by anyone and they will be pleased with the sound. From songs like "Marching Bands of Manhattan", to their more famous "I'll Follow You Into the Dark" this band sticks with their "Plans" as an artist and make light rock enjoyable for everyone. All in all, really great album that should be given a listen to by everyone.

Parent of a 2, 10, 14, and 18+-year-old Written bySystemOfANintendo January 28, 2011

Great indie rock for kids and teens.

Wonderful album. Great songwriting and craft. Lyrically on the moody side with some (very poetic) violent images, but setting a positive example. I recommend this for kids and teens who like alternative and want something different out of modern music.

Adult Written byRammo January 16, 2011

Amazing work. Hard to fault.

Exceptional album; I don't really think that it should be restricted to any age, as the melodies and songcraft is universally fantastic. I do think, however, that kids from about twelve onwards will understand the themes a little better, but that's the only reason I can think of using the rating system. This is too good for anyone to miss.

Adult Written byballfrog April 21, 2010

Perfect

They are an awesome group whos music is some of the only good, clean music out there.

Adult Written bySilverDCTU April 9, 2008

Great Band for Ages 15+

Death Cab for Cutie; don't let the name fool you. This isn't another angry band, or another angry rapper.

Their music is really just poetry put to tastefully made music.

There is no mention of drug use or alcohol in their songs.

Most of their songs are about young love, music itself, and everyday life.

The lyrics are good, and unoffensive. The only exception to this would be in their song "Styrofoam Plates" where the song is talking about a father who abandons his wife and kids. The songs ending lines consisting of the words "he was a bastard in life, thus a bastard in death".

All in all, a good band for any age and enjoyable by just about anyone who likes music.
Adult Written bywacallison April 9, 2008