All parent member reviews for Plastic Beach

Parent Written bygorillazgirl March 10, 2012

Gorillaz!!!!!!

love it. Fantastic and my kids love it
Adult Written byCptnAdmiral May 26, 2011

Amazing Music Collaberation CD Has Only One Risky Track

This CD has amazing music collaberations - there is only ONE song to avoid, and that is "White Flag" - it mentions a couple sex things and uses a couple of bad words. ***IMPORANT*** The song Sweepstakes does not have any bad language, according to the official lyrics - it is just rapped so fast that you can't tell it's not the F word. "Wild wonder, funky drummer" not "mother***. Besides White Flag, the rest of the CD has both positive messages and offbeat meanings, which may be too deep for some kids to understand - so just sit back and enjoy the music - just not White Flag. =)
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants April 24, 2011
Parent of a 9 year old Written byXanderCrews January 13, 2011

Leave out some tracks, great to expose youth to alternatives to allot of the pop music out there.

You should listen to the album and leave out any songs you dont find appropriate. Your kids can listen to most songs on the album. I left out tracks 1,2,3,7,12,14. Its been a while since i listened to it but i must of had a reason for leaving most of those out. Correct me if you think some of these songs dont have drug or sex references.
Parent of a 1, 10, 14, and 17 year old Written bySystemOfANintendo August 3, 2010

Not as good as earlier Gorillaz

This is a far cry from Demon Days, and a very far cry from their debut, but it's still great! Stylo & Sweepstakes are my favorite. White Flag is good, but it has s**t, as well as references to condoms. Sweepstakes says, f**k, and motherf**king, but you can only hear it if you listen very close. Not the best Gorillaz album, but the most kid-friendly one! Iffy for 7-8, off for 6 and under, on for 9+.
Adult Written bywinningloser712 March 26, 2010

Best cd of Gorillaz (so far)

This is third third and cleanest cd by Gorillaz. Yeah, there is some cursing "sh*t" in White Flag but that is the most noticeable curse on the album. Yeah, on Sweepstakes Mos Def says the F-word a couple times but he's rapping so fast it sounds like funky not the other word. The cd is positive over all, with messages of being "green-friendly" (per se) on most of the songs. But it is alot different from their past albums. This one is more techno, like the single "Stylo". but I play this cd for my little brothers (2 and 5) and they just love it.