All member reviews for Playing the Angel

Well-crafted -- lots for teen fans to enjoy.

Teen, 16 years old Written bygummiepop April 9, 2008

TURN IT UP!

This is one of the groups best CDs. I LOVE the songs. I don't get it why some of the adults said it was bad. :-( Maybe for young grade-schoolers (they wouldn't understand some things and get the wrong idea of what they really mean). The songs have good meaning and the music is awesome! I'm just a teenager and some people think I'm downright weird to like this kind of music. But isn't it better than all the crap on the radio nowadays? It's all about money, sex, breaking up and getting high/drunk. This actually has meaning and passion in the lyrics and music. Also, check out their CD "Violator". That one is the best ever! Download these CDs or buy them today!
Adult Written byTheKingzGeneral2007 April 9, 2008

It's a dance record.....

My favorite album.
Adult Written bytlilly April 9, 2008

Sucks to be your kids

Anyway, this album is ABSOLUTELY CLEAN. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! It is great music. Yes, they talk about men and women-but not SEX. There is a HUGE difference. Great album!
Adult Written bygreenhighway April 9, 2008

nice production values, but beware..

This cd is not for kids. Playing the Angel is an adult album about adult relationships...dont be fooled. Almost all Depeche Mode cds (minus their first one) are this way. This cd talks about how "all the sad ones, devil's companions" should "stay as you are, the darkest star." I dont think I need an explanation. Most of the songs are about a man who is in a relationship with a woman (such as "Lillian" where his heart is "ripped apart in the name of fun.") Other songs are clearly about sex "Macro," The album does have some positive songs such as "precious," but dont let it trick you into thinking its all "good" for kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOceanbreeze139 February 9, 2013

A Great Band with 80's synth roots

Depeche Mode never gets old. Their albums dating all the way back to '81 are all fabulously crafted and each is a work of art. While they have drastically changed since then, their music is never bad. So much better than the pop we hear today. The only concern is that much of their music is dark and often depressing, but very poetic. Now Common Sense Media needs to put their other albums on here. Can't wait for their new album Delta Machine in March!