All member reviews for "Pound the Alarm" (CD Single)

Frenetic track is less explicit than the typical Minaj song.

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

Ok song doesn't shy away from alcoholic references

"Pound the Alarm" is a great, popular, catchy song. However, there are too many alcohol references for younger kids. Nicki actually says at the beginning if the chorus: "music makes me high," and it just escalates from there. Not to mention the repeated use of the word "bitch."
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 29, 2014

Pound the "Nicki Minaj".

Nicki Minaj looks like a Meleaha Rhesae.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag August 17, 2013

Techno-pop track lacks originality. Some language.

Like most songs by Nicki Minaj, "Pound the Alarm" shows her talent for extraordinary and good rap. When she's dropping her lines during the verses, you can hear that this woman has the ability to mix every good aspect of both Missy Elliott and Lady Gaga - freaky, but still cool. However, when the chorus kicks in, she loses everything that makes her something special. We've a loud pounding kick and a clap, sone swooshing sound effects, but still, we've all heard it before. And better. It's not that Nicki wouldn't be able to be creative - she certainly is - bur do you really think someone will remember this song in a year or so? Neither beat nor melody or lyrics are any different compared to other contemporary pop. Nicki, you can be better. The song has some uses of the word "b***h" and one line is "fill my glass up a little more". Overall, this song is a lot cleaner than most stuff she releases. It's rather PG-13 language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBetty L. July 24, 2013

A good dance song

Okay, I'm not a Minaj fan, but this song is catchy and good to dance to. I like it. While it's great for kids 14 and up, kids younger than 12 really shouldn't hear it. Get this song if you love dancing or take dance classes, such as hip-hop.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2013

I just love this song!

I'm a big fan of this song because of its catchy beat (not because of the lyrics), even though I'm not a complete Nicki Minaj fan (I only like a few of her songs). But this isn't for kids. I think it's for people age 12 and up, because by the time you're in seventh grade, you pretty much know every curse word known to man.
Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2013

Very clean for Nicki Minaj

A pretty good song. Very clean for Nicki Minaj. The clean version is available on iTunes.
Kid, 9 years old February 10, 2013

Go Clean

Inapropriate for little kids! But the super clean version/Radio version is fine!
Parent Written bydavidrox January 25, 2013

Great!

very very catchy, terrible messages, great raps, chorus, bad language, some sexual innuendoes. i love it, i love singing it, but kids should not hear it.
Kid, 9 years old December 2, 2012

My favorite song!

On an explicit scale for a Nicki Minaj song this falls on 2/10. This is my favorite song of all time! the "B" word is sporadic, but it is definitely there.
Kid, 9 years old October 31, 2012

good

really good the "B" word a few rimes but not much else overall really good!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydavercks September 17, 2012

Fun song but not for the little ones.

I for one am a Minaj fan. However I can say in good coincience its a great dance song. But beware parents music can have a powerful influence so know your kids first.
Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2012

Its honestly a maybe....

I like the song but if you aren't ok with your children listening to songs with curse words and they still want to listen, you can always get the clean version or radio edit on itunes
Parent Written byshanerocks August 31, 2012

My Favorite Nicki Minaj Song!

This is no doubt Nicki Minaj's BEST song! Although it is less explicit than a typical Nicki Minaj song. I Love it! I put language because the word "b--ch" is used three times in the beginning. But that's it.
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2012

AMAIZING SONG

althou it has the B word a few times this is squeaky clean compared to Stupid Oh and Beez and the Trap.
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2012

awesome

Awesome.amazing.her best song.I recommend it.clever.smart.thrilling.I love it I recommend it deeply