All teen and kid member reviews for Pressure Chief

Teen, 15 years old Written byBrando804 November 3, 2010
I love CAKE but not as much this album. Comfort Eagle and Prolonging the Magic are probably the best ones. They are albums you can listen to all the way through without skipping over a distasteful track. CAKE has a new album coming out 1/11/11. Needless to say, I'm very excited.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylh80127 April 9, 2008

OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MUSIC ROCKS
Teen, 14 years old Written bychocolatecake123 June 11, 2016

average pop

Let me start first by saying that Cake are not particularly influential or important, but I have always admired their ability to create good pop songs with slightly unusual elements (i.e. the trumpet and the lead singer's deadpan semi-spoken vocals). I'm not very fond of their latest two albums, though. Pressure Chief in particular tries to continue the band's trend of creating catchy, brilliant pop; however, it just isn't that good. I personally find the lyricism and vocal delivery to be weaker than that of their first four releases. McCrea definitely does not have the best voice, but he played it up pretty well on the first four Cake releases. On Pressure Chief, however, his voice just manages to become insufferable by the first few tracks.