All teen and kid member reviews for Pretty. Odd.

Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2009

Great band!

Doesn't make sense? I think Common Sense doesn't make sense! It's their style! And it's not sexist, it's just a song, really, get over it. This is perfect for tweens and preteens, maybe a little of the occasional "dam-" but that's about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiheartgreen17@a... July 25, 2009

Good, but not as good as the first.

I love this cd! It's not as good as the first one, but its panic at the disco, so you can't go wrong. I love the line "you remind me of a few of my famous friends". You call it self- importance, but it's all tongue-in-cheek. I highly doubt they were being serious when they wrote that. I think it's a wonderful album.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicaddict4444 April 29, 2010

Great for anyone.

Seriously, who the heck writes the main reviews? Whoever it is is probably still listening to classical music, because they obviously have something against P!ATD. I mean, "pompous"? Get a life. Did you know that P!ATD's lyricst was abused as a child? No, you didn't. Ryan Ross's lyrics are incredible, you're just too thick-headed to realize it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

A disappointing follow-up devoid of energy

I really, really did love "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out", despite the fact that most of the pathetic band-wagon bands nowadays cling to that album as one of their inspirations. But what made that album so fun and musically enjoyable was the creativity and underdog feel, with the energy blazing through each song. And while I understand that Panic At the Disco can see that so many poseur bands are just jumping the pop-punk-wish-I-were-emo train for the fans, and want to set up their own niche that will keep them from growing stale (ala My Chemical Romance)-- but when you're one of the kings of the genre, it's for a reason: you're good at what you do. They shouldn't have worried about being cooped into a sub-group with generic artists just looking for a buck, since they have the talent to stay fresh-- and they're one of the bands that MAKE the other bands look generic. So with all that said, I really wish Panic had stayed to their original style. Rather, they've opted for an infusion of pop-rock with mild 60s stylings (a trend a lot of bands are adopting nowadays-- which, ironically, means they're trying to jump the bandwagon before it forms; doing the EXACT thing they want to avoid). The wishful 60s throwbacks are evident much too easily, especially in the choice of guitar chords chosen, and the fact that the opening song even included mixed strings from "Abbey Road". And, it seems, with the loss of the exclamation mark from the band name, the symbolic energy an exclamation mark implies was also lost in the process. The songs are not nearly as bombastic, lack most the the endearing theatricality and wacky musical stylings/lyrics of the first album, generally follow the same vocal pattern of the sing-songy up-down rhythm-- and, not to mention, Urie sings in an octave up most of the time from the voice he usually sang in which makes it sound more forgettable; unfortunate, since his pleasant low voice was fun to listen to, and he now reverts to too much vibrotto in his singing now. The circus theatricality-- which stemmed from the pattern of a low vocal intro, with bombasts of intruments and a greatly varied pitch throughout the song-- has been lost with the more general vocal melody, and the effects and instruments are underused, spent trying to moderately imitate the style of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club". My last complaint is that the album all seems too thought out and processed-- it's pretty obvious that "Northern Downpour" is likely to be their next single, and is meant to be the song all the fans love. This sort of calculation takes more genuity out of the album, which it had already lost in transition to a different style. So, undoubtedly, all the "OMG" fans are going to think, well, "omg" about this album, but Panic's serious musical fans (generally the ones out of middle school, let's put it nicely) are going to enjoy this effort far less than "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out", though it still has enjoyable enough songs. (And as for content, of course, there was really nothing objectionable on the album other than the still-present sprinklings of narcissism which are already too present in the modern media. Other than that, the label-edgy lyrics of the previous album are utterly gone.)
Teen, 17 years old Written byLuckyPennie January 22, 2015

Better For Censors, Worse For Fans

Who wasn't excited to find that Panic was making a new album? We fans were hoping for something as fun and entertaining as their debut. Unfortunately, in this album the band sacrificed their electric, intricate style for a grab at beauty. While the songs are all a lot more mellow, some are catchy, and one is simply perfect ("Northern Downpour"), this album is a bit disappointing compared to the first. Honestly, the only reason I like this album as much as I do is the fact that the lead singer has such a beautiful voice. If you're looking for more of the engaging energy found in the first album, check out their third album Vices & Virtues, or the fourth, Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2014

There is absolutely nothing bad or inappropriate except for the word "drug" in the song "A Mountain In The Middle Of The Cabins". Besides that, it it completely appropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHurricaneKisses January 1, 2012

Love this album!

Honestly, I have a little cousin who is 4, and she loves these songs as much as I do. "Northern Downpour" is just amazing. They say the lyrics are non-sensical? We are talking about Panic! here. They aren't supposed to always make sense. That is the fun of listening to them! You never know what's coming next! And sure, they use a few choice words. But most children have been exposed to those words long before age 13. I know I was exposed to them at age 8. Overall, the lyrics are magical, Brendon Urie's voice is like an angels, and Ryan Ross is a musical genius. Tell me something I didn't already know.
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2011

I LOVE THIS! I GOT IT AS A VALENTINE'S DAY PRESENT FROM MY PARENTS AND THIS CD IS OBSESSSIVE! My favorites are Nine in the Afternoon, Do You Know What I'm Seeing?, When the Day Met the Night, The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know, and From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins. PS, Folkin' Around is in no way sexual. They got that a little mixed up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGirlyKarateKid.... December 28, 2010

IFFY for 9/under YES for 10+

I love this album, and it's much cleaner than "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out". There is hardly any sexual references, and if so, hardly noticeable(noticable?). Very few swear words. It's a happy album, with witty lyrics. Their single "Nine in the Afternoon" is great, listen to that on Youtube or something and you'll get the picture of the whole album :D I love Panic! at the Disco, I refer them to all my friends and family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnie Rexia July 29, 2010

The exclaimation point is back, btw

Do You See What I'm Seeing is the only song with language in the whole album, and it's only 'h-ll' and 'd-mn' a few times. And the lyrics make plenty of sense if you actually take the time to think about it. My favorite songs from the album have to be She Had the World and Northern Downpour.
Teen, 14 years old Written byafter9noon March 10, 2010

If you're gonna hate, get your facts straight.

Both albums by Panic! at the disco are great. I admit that some of their lyrics may not be appropriate for younger audiences but from tweens on up, they say nothing that kids haven't heard before, trust me. They are clever and entertaining. Clever enough, it seems, to fool Common Sense. The part where it says "Little deaths in musical beds", should not be classified as Violence, but Sex. The song to which it belongs to is called That Green Gentleman, and is about an old flame, or girlfriend or crush or something. Little deaths in musical beds, refers to this flame sleeping around. How? In french, little deaths, or Le petite mort, is popular sexual reference meaning orgasm. Musical beds refers to the game, I'm sure you and your kids have all played, Musical Chairs. In this game, you hop from chair to chair. In Musical BEDS, you hop from bed to bed. So let's add it up, orgams+hopping from bed to bed= sleeping around, not litterally killing small people in beds that sing. -_-
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 June 18, 2009

Alright Album

Not the best album i have ever heard,Its definatly not as good as they're first album. They're is basicly no swearing (some minor words). This album is a little slow and might get boring for some people!
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2009

To all the haters- get a life.

This is one of the best things to ever fall from the Heaven I call 'ACTUAL MUSIC'. However, I did like A Fever You Can't Sweat Out better, but this is the second best thing. "Sexist lyrics"? Are you on something? "Makes no sense"? This is Panic, we're talking about. They never make complete sense, and thats the way we like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPATDMCR January 16, 2009

WOOOOWWWWW. Are you dating Kathy Kamin Goldmark? "this album contains less sexist lyrics"?!!! You also complain that it makes no sense at most points. You make no sense. I'm sure that Panic's loyal fans will agree with me when I say that you need to stop negatively reviewing Panic's albums.

Pretty Odd is A LOT different from their first album (the fever you can't sweat out) and this album is a lot lighter, I really like it. The songs are fun and innovative and their videos are really wild! I love listening to this albums because the lyrics make my imagination run wild!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymissmurder19 April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bygoth67 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byHermit April 9, 2008

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. That was a good album - the music was jumpy - not poppy - they were a new type of band and they had just caught my attention - my reaction to a new album was 'Must Have'. Then when I bought it 'Why did I buy this?'. These guys have changed from their awesomeness and have just gone and destroyed their sound. The album contains no offensive language/situations/innuendo. Parental Advisory = NO Cleaner than Previous Album. Pretty. Odd. is what this album is! I don't like this album. Just listen to their old one on repeat Coolchris330
Teen, 13 years old Written by:] April 9, 2008

panic has outdone themselves with this masterpiece. instead of wimping out and making some kind of repeat of a fever you cant sweat out (even though i do love that album) they stepped outside their box and expieramented with new styles. They took a risk and it turned out for the best. Just a recommendation- northern downpour is amazing.