All member reviews for "Price Tag" (CD Single)

Clean pop-rap track with positive message.

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 February 2, 2014

Catchy tune

This isn't my favorite song, but it's got a really nice tune and upbeat tone. The song contains positive messages about not getting caught up in money. As far as I know, there's no inappropriate content.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written bylilyodagirl April 18, 2011

Video Hoes?

Video Hoes?
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Well done!

Great influence for any kid who can comprehend the message trying to be sent.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2011

Just two bad words…WHO CARES?

I LUV this song. It's got a positive message sayin' that money isn't the most important thing in the world, and that it can't buy us happiness. D*mn is used, plus h*e* (the gardening tool but used as an insult). But overall, it is a good song.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCloudIsC00L723 July 12, 2013

Great message, but not completely clean.

I love this song because Jessie J is a really talented singer, B.o.B. is a great rapper, and the message of money cannot always buy you fun is something uncommon in modern hip hop. However, there is a little mild language here. There's one "d**n" and a mention of "video h*es" (as in girl models in music videos). The Now 39 version of this song bleeps out the h-word but "d**n" is still audible.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 27, 2012

price tag cd single

Families can talk about whether the combined singing and rapping approach from Jessie J and rising rap star B.o.B. works in this song. Describe some of the musical characteristics displayed by both of these artists. Do those qualities mesh well here? Why? What do you think of the song's message? Do you or your friends spend too much time thinking about material items?
Kid, 8 years old September 15, 2012

HORRIBLE

worst song ever.gets stuck inside your head and with catchy phrases.I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

Price Tag

Jessie J is awesome! And so is B.O.B.! Luv this song!!!!!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 20, 2012

Best song Jessie J has ever sang!

Jessie J is one of my favorite singers of all time.This song is really catchy and has GREAT lyrics.There are awesome messages and awesome role models.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written byLiveYourLife March 27, 2012

My ringtone!

This song is my ringtone!The only bad part is "It wasn't low blows/and Video Hoes" and Dam but still good song and my daughter doesn't pick up cursing easily so i let her add this to her ipod playlish =)
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2012

The Perfect Single for All Ages!:D

This song is a fun, happy song with nothing bad at all in it! Jessie J makes a point with some good lines in this song. This song really relaxes me XD
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2012

Luckily there's 2 versions.

If you want kids to listen to it buy the clean version. Note: The bad language is in the second verse.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 21, 2011

Awesome!

Awesome messages, just one thing about language. It does say d**n and h**s, but I don't know why CS didn't catch that...Anyway, I just sing it as, "acting so dang mysterious" to cover the d word, so you could do that too if your kids purchase this song. Because really, it is a fabulous song with great messages!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2011

Mild language

There is some curses in this song. "D---" and "hoes" are the 2 that were missing in the review. Most of you who think "hoes" is just the name of a gardening tool, you're wrong because it's not used like that in this "clean" song.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 November 5, 2011

Really good song

I'm finally getting the chance to review this song. The song's ok, but the music video is a little bit iffy for younger kids. Still,the song's really good and has a positive message about not being too focused on money and material items. Good for kids 10+ Sex: None in the song itself, but the music video shows Jessie J wearing a couple of revealing outfits Language: One use of the word "d**n"
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2011
YEAH! Go PRICE TAG! I, personally, LOVE this song. It gives a good message, and good lyrics (except the swearing). In the very beginning she says "Okay, coconut man, moonhead, and me. You ready?" LOL complete randomness! But, the odd thing is, the song isn't free on itunes.....
Kid, 10 years old September 7, 2011

It's ok.

Language is NOT an issue!!! I mean ok, d*** is a bit rude but capital is fine playing it people!!! Ok song.
Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2011

Dance Time! :)

Love it, it's a great tween song as it has two minor problems in it. #1 She says "video hoes" which is a little sensual. #2 She says da*n. They are not really that bad but some parents might think so. 5 Stars its perfect! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byngh98 August 26, 2011

Good song for pre-teens and up, but not for kids.

Price tag is one of my favorite songs, and it ony has two swear words like D*** and H**. This song has a VERY catchy beat, and a fresh feel to it. I defintly reccomend it to older kids, and teens.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2011