All member reviews for Pure Heroine

Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2013

catchy, and positive

A few bad words but overall an excellent pop albulm with positive lerics.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 1, 2013

Very Unique Album--Watch out for language

Lorde has some very good, unique music. Although this isn't my favorite album (the songs I really like are "Tennis Court", "Team", and "Royals"), I love how different the sound is compared to mainstream pop. And so far, Lorde is a good role model who proves to kids that hard works pays off. I also love how she doesn't just sing love songs like most artist. Violence: Mentions of blood stains in Royals and the song "Glory and Gore" obviously has the word gore in it. Language: I do remember hearing the "f" word in "Tennis Court" and the "s" word was used in "Still Sane". Drinking/drugs/smoking: I believe there was a drinking reference in "Ribs".
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizbiz_13 November 24, 2013

Lorde is a superb role model for teens

Lorde is a great singer and her songs are unique and send a positive message about not wanting fame a royalty. Language isn't really a problem, but their is one f word and s word. Lorde is my favorite singer, I can't wait to hear more from her.
Teen, 15 years old Written byreesiecup22 August 1, 2014

Relateable, Fun, Catchy Album

This album is so relatable to teens. It's tame, has little violence, and has good messages without being sappy. It tells life how it is, which may be 'intense' for younger kids, but telling it how it is is much better than dancing around it like the Disney movies do, only to have the kids grow up and discover it for themselves. It has great quotes like "You can try and take us, but we're the gladiators.", "I'm kinda over getting told to put my hands up in the air. So there." "We're on the same team.", and "We're going back into reality." It's fun, catchy, and the main rating is ridiculous.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysweethonolulu August 1, 2014

This album is amazing!

Lorde has a style of music all her own. Not only is she a poet but her voice is so captivating. She has a few curse words here and there in this album, but that's nothing to worry about because the good in this album out-weighs the bad.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2014

An exquisite album!

A gorgeous album, mild swearing so not for anyone below 10. Lorde is so young, and is probably more successful then people two times her age, making her and her music all the more fantastic. Being a completest fan myself, I own her EP album 'The Love Club' as well as Pure Heroine. Both albums are practically perfect in every way (cough- Mary Poppins -cough) and defiantly worth getting. My favourite musical artist, and an amazing role model for girls 10 and up. ♫ I want the applause; the approval; the things that make me go- ♫ Thanks for reading my review, gothilocks
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyanlaps October 25, 2013

Lorde is a new artist. She's great this album is good for around 11 years old. There's really no swaring. And actually has some positive messages.

Great album for people who like independent music