All member reviews for Recess

Teen, 14 years old Written bySuddenImpact April 3, 2014

Skrillex is Junk

Kids should start listening to real music made by people with instruments and real talent. Music nowadays, (especially dubstep), has no quality. Listen to some classic artists like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Arlo Guthrie, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Rush, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Billy Joel, Elton John, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, etc.
Kid, 9 years old May 8, 2014

Really liked it. Really, really, really liked it.

OK, SKRILLEX MIGHT BE THE BEST DJ THAT EVER LIVED! And besides that fact that when this comes up on iTunes, the first thing you see are the words "F*** That"... you might think the same. Recess focuses a lot on good lyrics too, but in the end, it doesn't hold back from the crazy beats everyone loves! I'm serious that when I first heard this album, my jaw dropped for about 2 minutes. It was amazing, so here's my song review: All Is Fair In Love And Brostep: Bad news is it's just like Zomboy's "Terror Squad". Good news is that I love "Terror Squad". 4 stars Recess: My favorite song. Literally. 5 stars Stranger: Good enough lyrics for "Divergent". 4 stars Try It Out: Not much different from the EP version. 4 and a half stars Coast Is Clear: More catchy than overall enjoyable. 3 stars Dirty Vibe: The rappers ruined Skrillex. It should have been solo. 3 and a half stars Ragga Bomb: The Ragga Twins make no sense. 4 stars Ease My Mind: The light at the end of Recess' tunnel. 5 stars F*** That: Eh... 3 stars Fire Away: Not a great way to finish off. 3 stars I would recommend MOST of the songs on the album, so happy listening!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOpti101 July 31, 2014

Like EDM? You'll love this.

Swearing and Violence referenced. A nice, varied selection of songs. There is a song called 'F--k That' that constantly repeats it's own title.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCloudIsC00L723 April 27, 2014

Interesting, diverse, edgy EDM album may disappoint longtime fans.

First I just want to say that I'm not a big fan of dubstep. Usually, I just think of it as just a bunch of samples, screeches, and other noises compiled together to create sometimes unbearably annoying "dance" tracks. Sometimes, Skrillex is no exception. I like his tracks "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" (despite the irritating "Oh my God!" voice sample) "Scatta" and "Bangarang" because (as someone who likes to go to anime conventions with a boombox and start flash mobs outside) they really get a party going. This album as a whole is very different compared to his past work, which I both like and dislike. I like how almost each track sounds different as the album progresses, therefore adding diversity. For example, "Coast is Clear" has R&B and light EDM influences while the next track "Dirty Vibe" is a hardcore party track with awesome cameos by two of K-Pop's biggest stars (CL from 2NE1 and G-Dragon). Though according to other review websites, some fans were pretty disappointed probably because I couldn't really find that many tracks that sounded similar to Skrillex's past work. Nor could I find that many songs that would become iconic singles. But in the same way, that's fine with me because a lot of his other work I found pretty annoying. My favorite track on this album easily has to be "Dirty Vibe" but I'd like to point out that it's also the most explicit on this album. There are several uses of f**k and b*****s as well as some pretty lewd lines such as "I don't pop molly/I rock microphones/Point it at your girl/watch her *** sing along" and a reference to being "under c****r". I'd ignore the other user review for this album because they were comparing this to classic rock bands. This album has NOTHING in common with rock music. It is electronic dance music and pretty solid electronic dance music.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2014

The return of Skrillex

There is a lot of swearing but it's ok for teens. "All is fair in love and brostep" is 5 stars, it's awesome and says f*ck one time. "Recess" is 4 stars, it's ok for anyone. "Stranger" and "Try it out" get 5 stars and are ok for kids, but they are extremely loud. "Coast is clear" gets 3 stars and says f*ck a lot. "Dirty Vibe" is 5 star, but swears countless times. "Ragga Bomb" is 3 star, and ok for kids. Same for "Doompy Poomp." "Ease my mind" is a sad song with no swearing and gets 5 stars. "F*ck That" is 5 stars but obviously swears a ton. At the end, "Fire Away" is 3 stars and says "Fire away, f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck this place that we call home" a bunch.
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2015

nothing wrong with it

title says it all
Teen, 15 years old Written byThepotatoman23 June 27, 2015

Skrillex's new CD is eh...

A good album by Skrillex, but be aware of a lot of bad words in songs... One song is called "F*** That" and the F word is repeatedly used in the song. The song "Stranger" has the H word, "Ragga Bomb" has a couple of bad words, "Ease My Mind" says the F word, and "Coast Is Clear", "All Is Fair In Love And Brostep", and "Dirty Vibe" all have bad words in them. Overall, this album is okay if your kids can handle a lot of dubstep and bad words, other than that, stay away.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymavrc31027 June 8, 2015

I love Skrillex

Sure it has bad words, but It's not anything your kids probably haven't heard.