All member reviews for Recovery

Despite Em's new sobriety, CD is still too intense for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHethurrr May 6, 2011

Mature teens only.

Last year pretty much right after my 13th birthday, I started listening to "bad music". Secretly of course. My mother would never in a zillion years let me listen to this. But I love Eminem. I got t church and my youth pasted was talking about Eminem and how you shouldn't listen to his songs because it would encourage people to act like him and do what he says. And sure, maybe people do look to Eminem for ideas and stuff. But really, who is that stupid. "Oh, I did dope because Eminem says it's okay" No one would ever say that! So, I say if you are mature enough to handle it, then I don't see a problem.
Parent of a 13 year old Written by......... January 30, 2011

Its Eminem what can one expect?

its eminem not some disney "role model". what were you expecting? honestly if you expecting a positive role model who supports charity. i pity you. look elsewere for a rolemodel. the lyrics arent that bad some do have redeeming quailites...
Teen, 13 years old Written byiw945 April 3, 2011

VERY GOOD

The song cold wind blows is 1) terrible and disgusting and 2) the reason this album is not for kids, but nothing we haven't heard before. The rest of the album is gold, though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 December 22, 2010

bye bye Slim Shady an d hello Eminem

I don't like Eminem's music and I haven't listened to the whole album but, what CSM says about him is taking it too far. I agree with them on his older music but, reality is Eminem has changed and has become a good role model and now he's someone you shouldn't hide your kids away from anymore. He's overcome drug addiction and came out of it sounding the best he ever has and to not call him a good role model is insane. He's one of the only rappers who can totally change his/her image and come out stronger then ever. CSM, give him some credit.
Adult Written byFiggy66 August 23, 2010

good album

Im 11 and I listen to it
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2010

Disapponting

I'm not a fan of the new eminem i think he hasn't made a good album since The Eminem Show. Recovery (This) was better than relapse which was terrible and a bit better than encore. I don't like his new beats but i guess you gotta make your music the way it is TODAY or else people wont listen or buy the music. And why did he go from working to mainstream artists (pink, rihanna) sure he still makes fun of some people out there but come on making fun of american idol? Go hardcore, Marshall! The only good songs on here that i found that made this worthy of 3 stars are: Cold Wind Blows, Not Afraid and You're Never Over. I Want eminem to go back to the way he was in the slim shady LP and Marshall mathers LP, thats when he was the best. Why has he changed so much, his beats are different, the song with pink was AWFUL. it just feels different. it doesn't feel like the eminem i know. and i don't know what to rate this for age because there are lots of people out there who have different opinions on what they should listen too but in my case i give it iffy for 13.
Parent Written byTrustedReviews December 30, 2015

amazing

good for 15+
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheProdigy November 17, 2015

edited

Buy the edited version if your buying it 4 ur child. Because this album has a lot of cursing, drugs and sex. BUY CLEAN VERSION!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrappingballer June 29, 2015

eminem is a great role model

eminem gets a lot of hate for some of the language he uses in his lyrics. I believe that eminem is one of the realest people out there because he went through a very tough childhood. his mom did drugs and he was exposed to a lot of things. In the song "not afraid" eminem talks about how he became sober. I feel like all you old fashioned rednecks just hate rap because it's primarily black. so stop hating and if you actually paid attention to the lyrics you'd find that they have very deep meaning
Adult Written byAwesomeness142 May 9, 2015

Great album

Best album extremely explicit
Teen, 14 years old Written byBadBoys4Life April 21, 2015

One of his best

In my opinion this album is pretty amazing. It's defiantly one of his best albums. I've heard many other people say the same thing. Eminem is amazing and he proves it in this album. There's obviously the occasional f*** and s***. Nothing that will surprise you if you've heard him before. It's not really that violent but there's the odd line where he is. There's also some songs that involve sex but nothing bad at all. But there is a couple uses of c***. But Eminem is one of the greatest role models out there now and he also produces some of the most inspirational messages that people that have anger issues like me should hear.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPompeyman7 August 12, 2014

Pile of rubbish

Don't listen to it. If you want some proper Slim listen to Mathers LP, Shady LP and Eminem Show. Stupid collaborations with rubbish pop artists like Lil' Wayne, Rihanna and Pink makes for a forgettable album that sold out to 14 year old girls who love Justin bieber.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywicked_njo July 26, 2014

Great Music!

While the music is a little adulty at times, it's fine for some 12 year olds and everyone else. I love the song "Spacebound". These songs aren't misogynistic at all, just violent and filled with his problems with girls. In spacebound, he kills himself and his girlfriend, but that's about as violent as it gets (to me). And yes, there's a lot of swearing, but it's not really important to me and my family as long as I only use the words in conversation that my parents approve of. If that does matter to you, just buy the clean version!
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2014

Wierd

The language is way to intense for young kids including rape sex talk oral sex having sex sexual assault and sexual abuse
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 21, 2014

I just like that Red there on the age

This album isn't Sexual at all, Common Sense Media!
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2014
Eminem is my hero because he suffers from depression and suicide too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCFP2016 April 14, 2014

Mr. Mathers is the man

Eminem is the best artist you will hear... Nothing your kids won't hear at school
Teen, 13 years old Written byEminemHopsin123.J April 13, 2014

Best Eminem album yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this album soooooooooo much but if you wanna get your kids this album be very careful with what you're getting them. Every single song has 1 or many more uses of the word f-ck. The least is 3 in the song "Love the way you lie." The word c-nt is used 3 times. the song "Cold wind blows" has 1 and the song "Untitled" has 2. And they are the 2 songs that you should be careful about. There is also plenty of hardcore sex talk here. Oral and anal and somehow more. But no matter how explicit Eminem gets he's still a Rap God
Teen, 13 years old Written byeliy.k February 20, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written by80sfan8 September 11, 2013

CSM is really overreacting.

It had a not for kids rating?!? This is not on the same level as The Marshall Mathers LP! Besides, kids at least 12-17 listen to this music anyways. This isn't Eminem's best album, but it's MUCH better than Relapse.