Swift knocks it out of the park with another appealing album

Adult Written byJWilliams303 October 24, 2012

I Just LOVE This Album!!

Taylor Swift does it again with another amazing album. This album talks all about relationship from breaking up to finding a new and better relationship. The thing I love about her songs in general, especially on this album, is that she writes songs that everyone, or at least most people, can relate to. I also like how she kind've separated from her sweet ballad country sound from some of her songs to do some pop or a little rock type songs as well. All in all, Taylor Swift fans will not be disappointed in this amazing album.
Adult Written byParamayerswift November 5, 2012

Mature record, not for Tweens.

Beautiful album, great work, NOT FOR PRETEENS. "Red" revolves around the two areas Swift now knows best: being had and being famous. It's a relatively clean album, but beware the mildly violent and (not-so-mildly) sexual content. The title track Red starts off relating love to a car wreck and not a single Red song is without a mention of sex or hooking up ("just you and me, up in your room" - State of Grace ; "touching him was like realizing all you wanted" - Red ; "A new notch in your belt" - Trouble ; "days and nights when you made me your own" - All Too Well ; etc etc etc.) '22' (featuring Max Martin: I Kissed A Girl) alludes to a hook up with a guy at a club who looks like "bad news[/I GOTTA HAVE YOU!]". Violence: Swift throws her phone at her boyfriend in 'Stay Stay Stay', which prompts him to wear a football helmet around her as she begs him to stay. Not a positive message for relationship beginners. Red's biggest issues in Swift's lack of positivity (I refrain from saying self-esteem). She happily subjects herself to bad news in 22, says she stays with her man for rub-you-the-wrong-way reason: "No one else is gonna love me...". Hollywood and Hipsters (the pop culture fad of 2012) also appear (Consumerism). Finally, Hollywood is painted BLACK as Swift recalls an idol of hers feeling so "used" she had to "take her money and her dignity and get the h*** out!" (The Lucky One). Red's a good record, but it left me iffy. The kids (5 to 11) won't understand the reference to sex/manipulation/depression but the middle-schooler will. And they don't need such a negative & choatic view on adulthood. 2.5 Stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydogsukulele678 February 28, 2013

I LOVE THIS CD!

Taylor swift is such a great role model!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 March 20, 2013

Great music

I love this album! But I have to admit, I miss her old self. None-the-less, great album!
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2012

Red Rocks

I got Red from my Secret Santa at school. I love it. My 8 year old sister listens to it with me and also thinks it is great. I marked it as 11 because there are some things that my sis doesn't understand in it. It's very clean and appropriate for kids to listen to.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysash99 November 9, 2012

I really like this CD! She's such an amazing singer! My fav. songs are I new you were trouble, The lucky one, and we are never getting back together. AWESOME ALBUM!
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 November 7, 2012

Pretty good album

This album is different from Taylor's previous ones (a lot of songs aren't country, but of various genres), but I quite like it. Taylor doesn't have the strongest voice, but it's nice, and she puts a lot of creativity in her lyrics. As far as content goes, there's not much to worry about. All the songs are about romance, and there are some references to "touching", but nothing too sexual. "H*ll" is used once in "The Lucky One". I have this album 11+ because the songs are mature, but it's appropriate for kids.
Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2013

Red Rules!

Taylor Swift is a really good singer. Usually I'm not a big fan of country but I liked the mixed styles. My favorite song in this album is "I Knew You Were Trouble". This album is a bit more mature than some of her others and I kind of liked that about it. The CD is probably her best ever! You did a great job, Taylor!
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2013

Nice Album

I kind of miss the Taylor Swift who sang The Best Day. She's great but all of her songs are about her exes. I don't think any aspiring musicians should follow Taylor's foot steps. She's still a great singer and I deeply respect how fame hadn't gotten to her head. She is amazing but her lyrics are just getting ridculous now and she's not the greatest role model ever. She's only 22. She should have fun with her life and not think love is the most important thing on the world. She should be hanging out with friends during her early adult years,not waste them on a bunch of men that will break up with her or her break up with them. Overall I think this is a good album but Taylor does need to find something else to sing about which is why I only gave it three stars.
Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 10 year old Written byAG Fan Parent February 23, 2013

Amazing, every song is the best one you'll ever hear!

As she does every time, Taylor Swift has released an album nobody will ever be able to top. Me and my two older daughters (10 and, surprisingly, 5) love literally every song on this album. The only song we occasionally skip when listening is "The Last Time." As usual, there is nothing bad to be found here, but a whole world of good. The closest this album gets to sexual references is one line in "All Too Well" (coincidentally our favourite song on the album), "After plaid shirt days and nights when you 'made me your own.'" Literally, that is as bad as it gets. I know that's not bad, either, and is like the G in the modern music universe. The whole album is full of lovely, honest (Taylor writes all her own songs. It's actually quite obvious yet sad when you listen to the remarkable detailing in them) songs. A good, happy song on the album is "Starlight." "Red," the album's namesake, is wonderful and heartwrenching too. "I Knew You Were Trouble," is our second favourite, a great, less sad but still very deep song. I could go on about every song on the album. Don't worry about this being innapropriate, because it's not in the slightest. It's just a lovely album with so many great songs you could listen to it all day.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2012

red

Families can talk about how Taylor Swift's continued decision to keep her music clean has affected her career. How would the public respond if she recorded a racy, profanity-laden song? Describe some of the creative differences between Swift and other young adult artists like Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato. How are these young artists similar? What could other young musicians learn from Swift? How do you explain Swift's amazing success? What makes her songs resonate with so many people?
Teen, 14 years old Written byluvpink November 1, 2012

For Older Kids

Red is far more mature than speak now or fearless. The lyrics are slightly darker and have a more mature meaning. There is one swear word in the song lucky one. Otherwise I believe this is Taylor's best work!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarieHemmings716 June 2, 2016

Better than previous albums!!

This album is completely appropriate and has a nice twist on country music!!
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2015

MUST BUY

I love Red. It's so upbeat. It's all about getting over someone or something. It's empowering. I love the style she has. It's vintage and chic. It's classy. I went to this concert and it was amazing. Lyrics like "You call me up again just to break me like a promise / so casually cruel in the name of being honest" - "All Too Well" show her lyrical advancement. This album really appeals to old and new fans of Taylor's. It's an amazing hybrid of country and pop.
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2015

VERY GOOD

this is a good CD
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Red review by me

Since I love Taylor Swift I love this album.There is some sexy lyrics that might go over heads of middle schoolers.And in the song lucky one she uses one h word.And in state of grace,red,and I almost do has some lyrics that might worry parents.But otherwise it's an album that is filled with amazing songs and some songs have positive messages in them.Best songs in my opinion red,girl at home,and 22.
Kid, 8 years old December 10, 2014

It's pretty good

I think this is really Taylor Swift style. I feel that this is a little bit romantic for little kids like 5 or under. Swift tells about how she feels.
Adult Written byTaylorSwiftFan2008 July 13, 2014

Taylor Swift is Burning Red

Ok once again another review on one of Taylor Swift's albums. The album is clean as usual but the first track State of Grace has one line she says "we are alone, just you and me, up in your room". The song The Lucky One says one dirty word She say "you took the money and your dignity and got the h*ll out" and the song "Stay, Stay, Stay" she says this line "I threw my phone across the room, at you" but it's suppose to be a comical line in the song just to make you laugh over all nothing bad or immature and the same thing with the Deluxe Edition
Kid, 10 years old October 17, 2013

Loving him was red. :)

This is one of Taylor's song's that's my favorite.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2013