All parent member reviews for Red

Adult Written byJWilliams303 October 24, 2012

I Just LOVE This Album!!

Taylor Swift does it again with another amazing album. This album talks all about relationship from breaking up to finding a new and better relationship. The thing I love about her songs in general, especially on this album, is that she writes songs that everyone, or at least most people, can relate to. I also like how she kind've separated from her sweet ballad country sound from some of her songs to do some pop or a little rock type songs as well. All in all, Taylor Swift fans will not be disappointed in this amazing album.
Adult Written byParamayerswift November 5, 2012

Mature record, not for Tweens.

Beautiful album, great work, NOT FOR PRETEENS. "Red" revolves around the two areas Swift now knows best: being had and being famous. It's a relatively clean album, but beware the mildly violent and (not-so-mildly) sexual content. The title track Red starts off relating love to a car wreck and not a single Red song is without a mention of sex or hooking up ("just you and me, up in your room" - State of Grace ; "touching him was like realizing all you wanted" - Red ; "A new notch in your belt" - Trouble ; "days and nights when you made me your own" - All Too Well ; etc etc etc.) '22' (featuring Max Martin: I Kissed A Girl) alludes to a hook up with a guy at a club who looks like "bad news[/I GOTTA HAVE YOU!]". Violence: Swift throws her phone at her boyfriend in 'Stay Stay Stay', which prompts him to wear a football helmet around her as she begs him to stay. Not a positive message for relationship beginners. Red's biggest issues in Swift's lack of positivity (I refrain from saying self-esteem). She happily subjects herself to bad news in 22, says she stays with her man for rub-you-the-wrong-way reason: "No one else is gonna love me...". Hollywood and Hipsters (the pop culture fad of 2012) also appear (Consumerism). Finally, Hollywood is painted BLACK as Swift recalls an idol of hers feeling so "used" she had to "take her money and her dignity and get the h*** out!" (The Lucky One). Red's a good record, but it left me iffy. The kids (5 to 11) won't understand the reference to sex/manipulation/depression but the middle-schooler will. And they don't need such a negative & choatic view on adulthood. 2.5 Stars.
Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 10 year old Written byAG Fan Parent February 23, 2013

Amazing, every song is the best one you'll ever hear!

As she does every time, Taylor Swift has released an album nobody will ever be able to top. Me and my two older daughters (10 and, surprisingly, 5) love literally every song on this album. The only song we occasionally skip when listening is "The Last Time." As usual, there is nothing bad to be found here, but a whole world of good. The closest this album gets to sexual references is one line in "All Too Well" (coincidentally our favourite song on the album), "After plaid shirt days and nights when you 'made me your own.'" Literally, that is as bad as it gets. I know that's not bad, either, and is like the G in the modern music universe. The whole album is full of lovely, honest (Taylor writes all her own songs. It's actually quite obvious yet sad when you listen to the remarkable detailing in them) songs. A good, happy song on the album is "Starlight." "Red," the album's namesake, is wonderful and heartwrenching too. "I Knew You Were Trouble," is our second favourite, a great, less sad but still very deep song. I could go on about every song on the album. Don't worry about this being innapropriate, because it's not in the slightest. It's just a lovely album with so many great songs you could listen to it all day.
Parent Written byBig chris October 30, 2012

i love it

ok well i will admit i am a guy but i love taylor and i love rhis album if u dont have it already go get it u will be happy u did