All teen and kid member reviews for Red

Teen, 13 years old Written bydogsukulele678 February 28, 2013

I LOVE THIS CD!

Taylor swift is such a great role model!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 March 20, 2013

Great music

I love this album! But I have to admit, I miss her old self. None-the-less, great album!
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2012

Red Rocks

I got Red from my Secret Santa at school. I love it. My 8 year old sister listens to it with me and also thinks it is great. I marked it as 11 because there are some things that my sis doesn't understand in it. It's very clean and appropriate for kids to listen to.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysash99 November 9, 2012

I really like this CD! She's such an amazing singer! My fav. songs are I new you were trouble, The lucky one, and we are never getting back together. AWESOME ALBUM!
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 November 7, 2012

Pretty good album

This album is different from Taylor's previous ones (a lot of songs aren't country, but of various genres), but I quite like it. Taylor doesn't have the strongest voice, but it's nice, and she puts a lot of creativity in her lyrics. As far as content goes, there's not much to worry about. All the songs are about romance, and there are some references to "touching", but nothing too sexual. "H*ll" is used once in "The Lucky One". I have this album 11+ because the songs are mature, but it's appropriate for kids.
Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2013

Red Rules!

Taylor Swift is a really good singer. Usually I'm not a big fan of country but I liked the mixed styles. My favorite song in this album is "I Knew You Were Trouble". This album is a bit more mature than some of her others and I kind of liked that about it. The CD is probably her best ever! You did a great job, Taylor!
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2013

Nice Album

I kind of miss the Taylor Swift who sang The Best Day. She's great but all of her songs are about her exes. I don't think any aspiring musicians should follow Taylor's foot steps. She's still a great singer and I deeply respect how fame hadn't gotten to her head. She is amazing but her lyrics are just getting ridculous now and she's not the greatest role model ever. She's only 22. She should have fun with her life and not think love is the most important thing on the world. She should be hanging out with friends during her early adult years,not waste them on a bunch of men that will break up with her or her break up with them. Overall I think this is a good album but Taylor does need to find something else to sing about which is why I only gave it three stars.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

Red Album

Red's songs are a bit more mature than past albums. Some of the lyrics you might want to debate ("we are alone, just you and me, up in your room", "touching him was like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you", "a new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be", "nights when you made me your own", "we both wake in lonely beds"). Besides that, Taylor Swift's Red album is another album that's filled with love, heartbreak and catchy songs.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2012

red

Families can talk about how Taylor Swift's continued decision to keep her music clean has affected her career. How would the public respond if she recorded a racy, profanity-laden song? Describe some of the creative differences between Swift and other young adult artists like Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato. How are these young artists similar? What could other young musicians learn from Swift? How do you explain Swift's amazing success? What makes her songs resonate with so many people?
Teen, 14 years old Written byluvpink November 1, 2012

For Older Kids

Red is far more mature than speak now or fearless. The lyrics are slightly darker and have a more mature meaning. There is one swear word in the song lucky one. Otherwise I believe this is Taylor's best work!
Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2016

Cool album.

Why does this album even HAVE a PA sticker? There might be some slight stuff that may perk some suggestiveness or disorder talk, but nothing else suggests content like that.
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2015

MUST BUY

I love Red. It's so upbeat. It's all about getting over someone or something. It's empowering. I love the style she has. It's vintage and chic. It's classy. I went to this concert and it was amazing. Lyrics like "You call me up again just to break me like a promise / so casually cruel in the name of being honest" - "All Too Well" show her lyrical advancement. This album really appeals to old and new fans of Taylor's. It's an amazing hybrid of country and pop.
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2015

VERY GOOD

this is a good CD
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Red review by me

Since I love Taylor Swift I love this album.There is some sexy lyrics that might go over heads of middle schoolers.And in the song lucky one she uses one h word.And in state of grace,red,and I almost do has some lyrics that might worry parents.But otherwise it's an album that is filled with amazing songs and some songs have positive messages in them.Best songs in my opinion red,girl at home,and 22.
Kid, 8 years old December 10, 2014

It's pretty good

I think this is really Taylor Swift style. I feel that this is a little bit romantic for little kids like 5 or under. Swift tells about how she feels.
Kid, 10 years old October 17, 2013

Loving him was red. :)

This is one of Taylor's song's that's my favorite.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 15, 2013

If you want GOOD Taylor Swift, don't even touch this and get your hands on her Fearless album.

Normally, I would be like, "Ack! Taylor's amazing!" but not here. My first complaint is that she uses language! Bad language that kids shouldn't be listening to! Uses the Lord's name in vain a couple times, which I really don't appreciate, and swears. My second complaint is that it has a lot more.....how do I word this....iffy lines. Talks about a "love affair" and "lonely beds" in Sad Beautiful Tragic. "All alone...up in your room" and "touch and go" in State of Grace. Treacherous talks about being on a "slippery slope" of "love" (or what I think is lust) and "liking it" and following a guy home. All Too Well mentions dancing in the kitchen in the middle of the night with her boyfriend and "days and nights where (he) made (her) (his) own". Starlight talks about wanting to get married and have "ten kids". And finally, my last complaint. There is no country in this "country" album. Taylor is no longer a country singer. She's now a stupid pop singer with meaningless songs that all sound the same. Seriously, get Fearless if you want the best of Swift.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2013

;)

I like it.
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2013

Cool

It's a good album. Some of the songs on the record are for a slightly mature audience, but it's fine overall for tweens and up. One of the songs has a mild swear word in it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymynameisalexandra13 May 11, 2013

amazing album

Grest album with great songs