All teen and kid member reviews for Relapse

Teen, 14 years old Written bymcmovie123 July 5, 2010

liked it

Look i know his music swares and has sex in it and violence i think alot of people dont know what eminem has been through.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLinkTech267 April 16, 2016

Probably Em's most Explict CD, but not as terrible as CSM says it is.

Yes, this album is full of violent and sexual content, and plenty of swearing and drugs. My least favorite songs are Must Be The Ganja, Insane, My Mom, and Crack A Bottle. My favorites are Beautiful, Deja Vu, 3 A.M., We Made You. If you're worried about your kid listening to this, 2 words. EDITED. VERSION. Also the song beautiful has positive messages
Teen, 15 years old Written bydottie58 August 6, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byTethys June 19, 2012

Silly album - if you can't appreciate a darker sense of humor, it's not for you.

The album is extremely dark & morbid, lots of stuff about rape, murder, pills, etc., meant to be humorous. If you can't laugh at some of this stuff, then you will most likely hate the album. This is not something meant to take seriously. There is absolutely nothing as far as positive messages. 'Insane' is about being molested by a step-dad, very silly, 'My Mom', another silly song about how he became a drug-addict all because of his mom, 'Beautiful' is pretty out of place on this album, a serious song about overcoming his struggles with addiction, the only thing on this album close to having a positive message, there's '3 AM', a dark song about popping pills and going on killing sprees, & 'Same Song & Dance', a song about abducting and raping women. This obviously isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but if you have a morbid sense of humor, you're going to love it. This, the Marshall Mathers LP, & Slim Shady LP are the only Eminem albums I honestly enjoyed, Relapse being my favorite. I don't recommend it for fans of songs like 'Lose Yourself', 'Love The Way You Lie', or 'When I'm Gone'. This is pure Slim Shady, where every woman is a whore just waiting to be raped. As long as you understand that Eminem's just joking around, trying to get a "I can't believe he said that!" kind of reaction out of you, should be fun to listen to. This is definitely an album for teens/adults, no one any younger should be listening to Eminem at all.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2011
Personally, Eminem is the BEST rapper, In my opinion at least. Now, You cant shelter your kids from this kind of stuff forever, A mature kid should be able to handle it. But if your not so sure your kid isn't mature enough, Dont let them listing to it yet. But eminem is a great rapper, Who raps about life. (Slim shady is Eminem, But come on! We all know that "Slim Shady" Is just playing around. Anyways, Its your kid, And its your choice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheProdigy November 17, 2015

Clean Version! DEFINITLY!!!!

I bought the parental advisory version and I was suprised by the content of the album. Buy tha clean verzion 4 ur child please.
Teen, 16 years old Written by80sfan8 September 11, 2013

Pretty awful.

I'm an Eminem fan, but this album was just awful. It started off good, but started to fall flat by the end of the intro. The lyrics were lazy, the vocals were painful to listen to and it didn't seem like he was even trying. Crack a Bottle was the only good song from the album and the only song that made me at least chuckles. His next album Recovery is a pretty appropriate title if you ask me. As for how age-appropriate this album is, it's not Eminem's heaviest album, but it's still pretty heavy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBakedpatato July 1, 2013

Great but very vulgar

I my self think it is a great but definitely disturbing album. Eminem has an amazing talent. But he is vulgar and offensive in all of his albums. But in this I think he took it to far with rape and violence. In a lot of his songs he imagines him self as a serial killer like in 3am. He is vulgar and repulsive in his song insane, the whole song is based off of his step father raping him. In his song stay wide awake he talks of raping women. There are some positive messages in his song beautiful. But I highly recommend not getting this for your kids 15 and under unless they are very mature and can handle it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver April 13, 2013

Good Album

This album is definitely not Eminem's best work, but still a great album. This album is more crazy than most of his albums. This is mostly Slim Shady, his psycho alter-ego. There is a lot of violent and profane lyrics, but I think a mature teenager can handle it. There is also an clean version of this album but it still may contain some bad lyrics. Explicit: 13+ Clean: Pretty much anybody
Teen, 13 years old Written bygood.honest.reviews. December 27, 2011

not em's best but good

if csm knew anything about eminem they would know that this album is not about murdering people and taking drugs
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2011

worst album ever

Worst album ever I own recovery best album EVER!!!!!!!! The only good song is We Made You all the other songs have the F word (all the songs on recovery are too)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 6, 2011

One of Eminem's worst albums, but still worth hearing.

It's sad how we think it's so funny when Eminem discusses his unnatural obsession with both illicit and prescription drugs. Of course, it's meant to be hysterical...
Teen, 13 years old Written byrapcomedy June 12, 2011

...

This besides the Marshall matthers Lp is his most innapropriate works it is not glorifying but saying stuff about murder rape pills anything wrong
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011
Not good
Teen, 13 years old Written bysweetjynx97 November 25, 2010

Good For Mature Audiences Only

ye this is eminem it does have scenes about rape, and from the name of he album being relase its going to have some drug abuse, definately not the first album to start with if your just starting to listen to him. there are the really good songs like beautiful and deja vu but being eminem there will be some bad songs like insane.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 October 22, 2010
Eminem is amazing. I like almost all of his music, I was beyond ecstatic when he came out with this album. I have to admit I was a little surprised at how explicit some of the voilence and everything was, but it's nothing that a mature teen/adult can't handle. Lots of explicit violent content, language and some sexual content. The thing I love with Eminem is that all of his songs have this catchy tune to them, and you'll always find yourself humming one of his songs even when you haven't listened to his songs for a while! Great album. I love you Eminem!
Teen, 15 years old Written bya Kool Kid June 20, 2010

15+

BAD.... Enough Said. The Only Good Songs on the album are Beautiful, and Insane(Which i DO NOT recommend for kids)
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2010

Not for kids!

Eminem's controversial music is not for kids. Violent, sexual, insulting, and rude are the words to describe his music. He is a terrible role model. (you don't want your kids dissing everyone, do you?) Eminem is known for his bad behavior, so don't let your kids listen. Yes, he might be a talented rapper with great beats, but he is a little potty mouth. Kids shouldn't listen to this album.
Teen, 15 years old Written byweezzy123 April 27, 2010
probally eminem's worst album
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsallgood February 22, 2010

Great artist, bad album.

I am a HUGE eminem fan, but I must say, this one was just disturbing. I never knew an eminem like this, this album is loaded with nothing but talk of drugs, rape, and murder. I do like 3 a.m, and Bagpipes from Bagdhad 'examples of disturbing songs I like' but others like Stay Wide Awake, and Same Song and Dance were just plain gross. My favorite "disturbing" track from the album is "Underground", and my favorite track overall is "Beautiful". But in complete, this one was way to disturbing for my taste, I like hardcore, not this hardcore though.