All member reviews for "Roar" (CD Single)

Pop princess releases another fierce girl-power anthem.

Parent of a 5, 7, and 15 year old Written byVerylovingmom August 23, 2013

great!

I love this song! My younger girls and I were listing to pandora and this song came on, my daughters began dancing. This song shows girls to be confident ! Love the tune
Teen, 15 years old Written byKaligraphy August 19, 2013

Great Song!

I think Katy Perry has another great hit with this song! Her vocals sound great, the song is very positive, and I like the chorus! My only concern is that it sounds a LOT like Brave, by Sara Barielles and that the lyrics are a bit repetitive. I think that this is a hit though, and it is very catchy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 August 21, 2013

Catchy Katy Perry Single

I don't usually listen to KP since a lot of her songs are pretty sensual, but I tend to listen to the cleaner ones ("Part Of Me", "Wide Awake", and now, "Roar"). This song is pretty catchy, but it's not the best song I've heard. But it's nice enough, and it's clean.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

BEST SONG EVER!!!! This has a positive message, and I love it!!! Katy Perry has done it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2014

liar.

the music video contains NONE of these parts. in fact, Katy is in the jungle. In fact, even the messages are wrong. In fact, they are the most positive of all of the songs I've heard. The message is not to let someone (in the music videos case, a macho guy) keep you down (the line is "you pushed me down, but I got up!"). oh, and if you have watched the official music video, (NOTICE, MAY BE A SPOILER) the name tag of the tiger is funny: kitty purry :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bySheHollywoodJ March 21, 2014

Song For All Ages!

It mostly the only song on the album PRISM that is the best and for all ages.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2014

Great song.

This song is all abut standing up for yourself and being yourself. The music video is really weird though, it's basically a bunch of people texting with a lot of emoticons.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMy1ten0baby January 6, 2014

Great Song

Engaging song for kids but the music video is violent.
Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2013

AWESOME! :3 LOVE IT!

"AND YOUR GONNA HEAR ME ROAAAAAR" Great song about standing up for yourself. (But the music video is a whole other story)
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovemaroon5 December 19, 2013

One of Katy's Very Best

I don't think ive heard a better song from Katy Perry. Or should I say Katy Purry. :). This song is just so inspiring. "You've helped me down but I've got up. Get ready 'cause I've had enough..." I just cannot stop listening to the lyrics. From having an album realised with 5 number 1's and come back with song like THIS...I wonder how she does it. The lyrics are of high quality too. For anyone who is feeling sad or down, or for someone who need to get nerves down or anxiety to go away...this song is just perfect. Everyone should listen to this song. Everyone needs to...ROAR!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykyku November 21, 2013

katy perry roar

i thnk it gives a positive example for those kids who let other kids bully them .So if this is your kid let them listen to this song and see what they think .All thanks to katy perry for her song . Remember to stand up for yoyrself
Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckCommander13 November 12, 2013

Roar

It's a catchy upbeat song and my school plays it every assembly we have
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2013

Good song, but it DOES sound like Brave.

This is a good song with nothing iffy in it. All kids can listen to it. But I was listening to the radio, and Roar was on one station, and Brave by Sara Bareilles was on another. I found them sounding very similar to one another, like the background music and the vocals.
Kid, 10 years old October 15, 2013

I especially like her voice in this. :)

I haven't heard much of Katy's songs, but I really like this one. :) Sex: Katy's naked in the video, (no nudity shown) cause an elephant's showering her. Her outfit has skin showing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

your gonna hear me roar!!!

one of her best yet!
Kid, 11 years old October 12, 2013

awesome song

i love it very addictive
Teen, 15 years old Written bySmileSomeoneLovesYou September 28, 2013

Great

Great song. Great Singer. Addictive
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreyblur September 15, 2013

Ripped!

Positive messages, sure. But it is definitely a ripoff of Sara Berielles's Brave.
Adult Written byabbacus September 10, 2013