Kid reviews for "Roar" (CD Single)

Pop princess releases another fierce girl-power anthem.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMerveille February 16, 2021

wild good

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogcat August 25, 2020

Katy Perry is a great role model.

I loved this song when it first came out. I should say that I still do. Katy Perry is a great role model.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2020

Empowering pop song

Any fierce, confident girl will get a kick out of this song. It's a bit mature, but most older kids can handle it.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySofabanana February 20, 2020

Brings back memories

I used to listen to this when I was eight. ALL THE TIME. I remember listening to it during the Super Bowl. Anyway, this song is clean and pretty kid-friendly. Even the music video is totally okay for kids. It isn't the best song she's written though. I've always liked "Last Friday Night", "Dark Horse", and others by her more, but this is the best one for kids in my opinion, as there is nothing inappropriate and there are no swears.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCooltiger37 August 8, 2018

Clean, upbeat song hampered by blatant product placement in video

While this is a good song for young Katy Perry fans to listen to because there's virtually no inappropriate content of any kind, even if "California Gurls", "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)", and even "Dark Horse" are about a million times catchier in my opinion (though definitely not appropriate for the same audience), there's BLATANT product placement in the music video that makes me want to throw my computer out the window in anger. It goes like this: Towards the end of the video, Katy Perry, who is now some kind of a jungle queen or something after taming a tiger in the most utterly RIDICULUOUS way possible (you'll have to see it for yourselves), is shown taking some selfies of her and her pet monkey on her Nokia phone (the logo is clearly visible), which they both laugh at. That whole sequence lasts exactly five seconds (I literally counted), but it's still ludicrous. Besides the glaring fact that cell phones didn't even EXIST in the time period in which this video is supposed to be taking place (and even if they did, she would be using it for something one HECK of a lot more important than taking SELFIES), it's just stupid beyond words that they would blatantly promote something in an artist's music video. There's also a scene in the music video where said tiger attacks somebody off-screen, but besides that, there's virtually nothing scary or offensive to worry about, so if you want to let your little kid watch a Katy Perry music video (and you don't mind them inevitably bugging the crap out of you about buying a Nokia phone "because Katy Perry has one!"), by all means, let them watch this one.

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

BEST SONG EVER!!!! This has a positive message, and I love it!!! Katy Perry has done it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015

Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2014

liar.

the music video contains NONE of these parts. in fact, Katy is in the jungle. In fact, even the messages are wrong. In fact, they are the most positive of all of the songs I've heard. The message is not to let someone (in the music videos case, a macho guy) keep you down (the line is "you pushed me down, but I got up!"). oh, and if you have watched the official music video, (NOTICE, MAY BE A SPOILER) the name tag of the tiger is funny: kitty purry :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bySheHollywoodJ March 21, 2014

Song For All Ages!

It mostly the only song on the album PRISM that is the best and for all ages.

Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2014

Great song.

This song is all abut standing up for yourself and being yourself. The music video is really weird though, it's basically a bunch of people texting with a lot of emoticons.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMy1ten0baby January 6, 2014

Great Song

Engaging song for kids but the music video is violent.

Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2013

AWESOME! :3 LOVE IT!

"AND YOUR GONNA HEAR ME ROAAAAAR" Great song about standing up for yourself. (But the music video is a whole other story)

Teen, 14 years old Written bykyku November 21, 2013

katy perry roar

i thnk it gives a positive example for those kids who let other kids bully them .So if this is your kid let them listen to this song and see what they think .All thanks to katy perry for her song . Remember to stand up for yoyrself

Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckCommander13 November 12, 2013

Roar

It's a catchy upbeat song and my school plays it every assembly we have

Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2013

Good song, but it DOES sound like Brave.

This is a good song with nothing iffy in it. All kids can listen to it. But I was listening to the radio, and Roar was on one station, and Brave by Sara Bareilles was on another. I found them sounding very similar to one another, like the background music and the vocals.
Kid, 10 years old October 15, 2013

I especially like her voice in this. :)

I haven't heard much of Katy's songs, but I really like this one. :) Sex: Katy's naked in the video, (no nudity shown) cause an elephant's showering her. Her outfit has skin showing.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

your gonna hear me roar!!!

one of her best yet!

Kid, 11 years old October 12, 2013

awesome song

i love it very addictive
Teen, 15 years old Written bySmileSomeoneLovesYou September 28, 2013

Great

Great song. Great Singer. Addictive

Teen, 13 years old Written bygreyblur September 15, 2013

Ripped!

Positive messages, sure. But it is definitely a ripoff of Sara Berielles's Brave.