All member reviews for Rock of Ages: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Movie musical rocks out with clean, classic '80s hits.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydarkrose0711 July 13, 2012

classic rock soundrack

This is one of the soundtracks that have the most classic hits ever. I am 13 years old and i have a big taste for 80's music. This has a lot of meaningful lyrics such as in don't stop believing it tells you to get up an start all over again. A delightful musical soundtrack I definetly recommend it
Parent Written byNOTW77 October 2, 2015

Just a thought

There are many songs with hidden messages & meanings for example the song Rock you like a hurricane. Listen to the lyrics sometime. It's early morning The sun comes out Last night was shaking And pretty loud My cat is purring And scratches my skin So what is wrong With another sin The bitch is hungry She needs to tell So give her inches And feed her well More days to come New places to go I've got to leave It's time for a show Here I am, rock you like a hurricane Here I am, rock you like a hurricane My body is burning It starts to shout Desire is coming It breaks out loud Lust is in cages Till storm breaks loose Just have to make it With someone I choose The night is calling I have to go The wolf is hungry He runs the show He's licking his lips He's ready to win On the hunt tonight For love at first sting Here I am, rock you like a hurricane Here I am, rock you like a hurricane Here I am, rock you like a hurricane Here I am, rock you like a hurricane The bitch is hungry so give her inches ? Is that ok for kids this song is about sin, sex, fornicating, lust. The wolf is hungry he runs the show??? Refers to the devil.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2015
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2012

So-So Rock n' Roll Soundtrack

This album is sure to attract tweens, teens, and adults with the new movie Rock of Ages coming out. I recommend that you buy some of these songs, they're fun to listen to. But realize that I said SOME of the songs. I love some of the rock n' roll songs, but the others - I think they have no value to them. Oh well, it's my opinion. And also, some of the songs are completely autotuned, so yeah. Russell Brand doesn't sound like Russell Brand in this soundtrack for some reason. Now for the parental review. There are mild positive messages and role models strewed all over the soundtrack. There's really no violence except "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," but as CSM says, it's just a fighting metaphor. But if you look closely at the trailer, Zeta-Jones's character is using it in like a fighting way. Oh well, I'll just have to watch the movie to find out. For sexual content, some titles and lyrics are suggestive. Oh yeah, parents, if you don't want your kid to listen to rock n' roll, then it's best if you don't let them listen to this soundtrack or watch the movie. Now, my favorite songs on the soundtrack are: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," "Any Way You Want It," and "We Built This City/We're Not Gonna Take It." And lastly, advice for the movie: Although it's rated PG-13, the movie looks like it's gonna have a lot of bad stuff in it. Overall, I recommend sharing this with your whole family to just have a good old rock n' roll time.