All teen and kid member reviews for "Rolling in the Deep" (CD single)

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 January 1, 2012

Good song, bad messages

I love this song musically, but I don't like how the person wants revenge on an ex-boyfriend ("Don't underestimate the things that I will do"). It's a bad message, but also complex in a way-breakups are hard and hurt people, so I also see this song as expressing anger and sadness. In the original version of the song Adele says, "s-t" in this single, but in the edited version is "ship". I'm giving this 12+ not because the lyrics are inappropriate or anything, but because many kids won't understand the lyrics.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2011

Love It!

Adele is awesome! I love this song and Someone Like You, they both just have so much emotion and power. You may not think that 11 year old girls would appreciate that, but I do. And it doesen't say sh-t, it says ship. If you listen closely you can hear the p sound at the end. Highly recommend it for tweens 10+!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan October 16, 2011

WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL!!!

This song if fabulous! I sing it all the time. It has a good message about thinking love was true, but it wasn't, so whatever. I suppose it would be really good to listen to after a break-up. I'm Anti-Adele, so I really don't like the singer (she sounds horrible) but it's the song that matters, and it's great! For a really good version, listen to the remix by Ariana Grande.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysourcecoderocks October 2, 2011

great song

I love this song . It's beautiful and powerful. It's not too iffy, just s*** is used once.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimmabeamazing September 19, 2011

Alright

I'm really getting sick of this song, but it's catchy and seems to be quite ppopular. Not really anything bad.
Kid, 8 years old August 4, 2011

Great song!!!! :)

This song is so wonderful. Even my mom likes it! Adele is really good in this song- even if this is the only song by her I've ever heard by her. I started listening to it when KidzBop sang it. But, that's totally off topic. If you haven't listened to it, you should.5 stars!!:)
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2011

Great song by new, young, pop artist.

Adele is awesome. Only one mention of the word s--t that sounds like ship and the radio messes it up. It also has a very catchy beat throughout the song. She has a great voice,too. Overall a good song that deserves to be No.1!
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2014

Adele - Rolling In the Deep

One use of a mild swear Really like this song
Kid, 10 years old November 11, 2012

Kid, 12 years old September 26, 2012

Like This Song if You Want...Not My Fave

I just don't get Adele's music, really. "Set Fire to the Rain" is beautiful, and probably her best song ever yet, but her other songs sound like old-fashioned jazz with just a bit of modern pop thrown in. While this song is catchy, her accent sounds a bit twisted, and if you pay attention to the lyrics and the music at the same time, this song is pretty hard to stand. (Funny, part of me can't stand this song, and part of me likes it.) Yes, revenge isn't the best way to get back at your ex, but it's totally fine to feel like it! And she says ship, not s--t, go look up the lyrics. I don't get why Adele is inappropriate for 4-8-year-olds, dating and relationships is perfectly fine for them to know about.
Kid, 8 years old August 22, 2012

Rolling in the deep.

My 6 year old sister and 4 year old brother love it so do i. It's great, common sense media, its for any age! And saying i shouldnt listen to it, pretty dumb!
Teen, 16 years old Written byADELElOvE4evr August 9, 2012

Adele is just amazing in every way. Love her, don't love her. Your choice. :)

Adele in my opinion is just thee most wonderful singer I have ever heard but that varies with the people. Her songs are really inspiring and touching and brings a smile to the face. Some recent songs from last year give a feeling of you just want to stand up and dance you heart out. Other songs make your heart melt or fill with love or with pain or just a good feeling. I love listening to Adele she is just a soul-full singer and she brings her songs to life with her amazing voice. Her songs are just outstanding and I love them so much and when I hear them I can't help but sing along. Her songs "Someone like you" and "Don't you remember?" always make me cry as I am singing because it's like you can feel the pain she went through just by her voice. "I'll be waiting!" is one of my absolute favorite songs right next to "Rumor Has it" because I want to dance to them. BTW every song that she sings I am always singing in the background because her lyrics are amazing. The lyrics and her overpowering voice just overwhelm your heart and warms your heart. Any of her songs really are great for pre-teens(12-14) to listen to. Let your kids listen to it, because for me it doesn't matter the age because it just shouldn't matter. If you don't want your kids to listen to it, nothing I can do about that. If her songs were sung by another famous artist it wouldn't be the same feeling. Other artists usually don't give the feeling that they had felt when they had wrote the songs, where Adele feels the emotion while she is singing. Adele is just an amazing singer and I think that everybody should like her and love her songs, but I can't make them. Adele's songs show that she presented maturity at the time of the heart break or the break up and that she would just write songs. Not all of her songs are break up songs some are up-beat and happy but most are about heart break. Adele is a very positive influence on every person that listens to her sing hardly ever does or maybe even never does she give a negative influence. Down to the point(sorry) listen to Adele, if you don't like her oh well freedom of opinion good for you, and if you do like her good for you as well.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2012

Perfect Song?

Rolling in the Deep is a beautiful song with strong lyrics and one heck of a voice from Adele. The song makes you feel doomed, but it's a great song, and I couldn't find any problems with it. No bad words, but it would not be a memorable song to children below ten since it features lots of heartbreaking moments. Overall, it's a great song though and totally deserves the Grammys it won.
Kid, 9 years old May 8, 2012

It's Very Catchy

The word "$#!#" is said once but you can hardly hear it because it sounds like "ship". Although its very nice and catchy
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

Nice Song

Nice piece of music, beautifully written :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshipie May 7, 2012

Powerful voice

Adele's voice is one of the best in its industry. Her voice is extremely powerful, and her song-writing skills are flawless. This song was definitely worthy of all the Grammy's, and yes, I did cry when Adele went up to the stage, happily accepting her 6th Grammy that night for album of the year. She is one of the most talented singers I have ever heard in my entire life, and I love her clean image. Amazing, amazing, amazing.
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookcupcake April 16, 2012

adele hon i luv yz

Adele baby- wow you have a beautiful voice this song is abstract and unique adele is wow
Teen, 16 years old Written bybigturtles13 April 13, 2012

review of adele

it has a few bad words but has a great melody.
Kid, 9 years old April 4, 2012

Good song,might be a bit boring for little ones

One use of the S word.I've heard worse in Kesha music!