All member reviews for "Run the World (Girls)" (CD Single)

Upbeat track encourages girls to be strong, independent.

Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written bybg_minor_miracle December 17, 2013

Are we talking about the same song?

Did CSM and parents not notice the "N" word? Before that... "Girls, we run this motha..." (I'm guessing -fukka), yet sex and language don't even show up in their rating??? My 15 yr. old son wanted to look up the video on YouTube. I perceive BK to be a defiant, even angry woman who wants to get back at anyone who tells her what to do. Be what you want girls (anything you want) but don't let a scantily clad oversexed woman tell you how to change the world, just go do it yourself in a more positive way!
Adult Written byCoffee Cup April 3, 2013

Who wrote the main review? Girls!

Very mediocre song, and the main review for this song is extremely biased. If it had been "Who run the world? Boys!" people would be preaching hate towards misogynistic men and discussing the song's "negative tones" here.
Parent Written byteddybear88 October 14, 2011

O.K

Its an ok song, but i dont like the borderline with "we'll run this mother..."
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 March 20, 2014

Catchy, feminist song

This song is pretty catchy and good for dancing too. However, I can't say it's Beyonce's best, and I don't like the autotune she uses (she doesn't need it). But it is definitely catchy, and it has a positive message about empowerment for girls. Language is a problem: At the beginning Beyonce says, "We run this motha-girls!" which sounds kind of like "motherf-cker". Also, the N word is used ("None of these n!ggas can fade me"), as well as "F you" (but it's just "f" you, not the actual word). Drinking/Drugs: One reference to drinking.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bygee-gee May 6, 2011

Powerful song for girls

It's a great song with a message for girls that they are strong, powerful, and can achieve anything. I want to get it for my daughter's IPOD.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman January 15, 2017

Fun female empowerment pop song

This Beyoncé song is strong on its message of female empowerment, and it's fun and catchy to sing along to. Just putting it plainly, this is the kind of song where you turn it up and jam. The song is meant to make people get up and dance. The message is good, empowering girls to achieve anything they want. There is no language here, mother is said, but not f**ker afterwards. Kids 10+, enjoy it!
Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written bylilmisssexy April 23, 2013

the most good things to do when your bored

i think that you should sign people up older
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2012

yup

You go girl!I'm sorry if i offend any males by saying this but GIRLS ARE BETTER
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2012

Very Inspiring Song!

This song is very inspiring for girls. It says one bad word but thats it. Also one its talks about drinking. Its message is that girls are strong,powerful,and can achive what they want if the try. Also another positive message is when it talks about graduating college.
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2011

Good Message!

This is a good message to girls all over the world saying that they have the same rights as everyone else!
Kid, 10 years old September 4, 2011

Really good.

She did steal this song from someone but I like it.
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2011

Dance routine song

I am doing a dance routine for run the world and i aboulutley adore it!It is very upbeat and i know this dance will do well at competions becuase this song is beast!
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2011

Really great

It tells you to be really great for girls.
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2011

Catchy, has a good message....

Awesome song! It has a fantastic message as well! Nuff said.
Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2011

Beyonce's new song

Disappointing, but good message.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytori_dawson June 3, 2011

I love this song but the review is a bit...off

Okay, I'm a huge Beyonce fan... Overall, the song is great and I love the messages it gives me as a young woman...Girls do run the world However, language is questionable in the lyrics.... 1)" I think I need a barber cuz none of these N*****(insert racial slur against blacks) can fade me 2)"Boy, I'm just playing....Hope you still like me....F U Pay me* Now for teens it's not a big deal(we here this quite a bit in school) but i'm sure parents wouldn't like their young 9 or 10 year old daughters walking around saying that N words can't fade them or telling boys, F U pay me Still a great song...Make sure u get the unedited version if you get it for your daughters :) Still has a great message....
Teen, 15 years old Written byhothot794 June 1, 2011