Brooding German teen rockers bring rousing debut.

Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2009

Ich liebe Tokio Hotel!!

I lurrrvee itt!!! it has the best songs everrr It will make you want to learn Germann
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2009

I LOVE TOKIO HOTEL!

I just got over my obsession with Bill Kaulitz. :D They are ah-mazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnie Rexia July 9, 2010

Tokio Hotel is an incredible band! =)

I love Tokio Hotel. The message behind all of the songs are great! However, the song "On The Edge" if you listen is probably about drugs/suicide/self-harm. But like "Don't Jump" it doesn't glorify it and I think kids could learn from it. Overall, Tokio Hotel's US debut album is amazing and there's practically no swearing at all besides "Final Day" where they mention the word hell once. Nothing a kid with an open mind couldn't handle. ^_^
Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2009

THE BEST THING EVER

The music is GREAT and has good messages behind them. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN October 6, 2012

Can I be the 5th member of Tokio Hotel?

Tokio Hotel is my new-found foreign music pleasure thanks to my German teacher.(Danke Schon Frau Kuchenbecker!!) I originally had the positive role model button selected and then I remembered some of the stories that have circulated about them (mainly media based and largely fabricated, but still...) but this does not impact their music. There are no drug/alchohol references, sexual references, or any language used on this album. Just pure musical genius from the band: Bill Kaulitz: lead singer, Tom Kaulitz (Bill's twin brother, older by 10 minutes): guitar, Georg Listing: bass, and Gustav Schafer: drums. As far as "violence" goes, there still isn't any. True the song "Don't Jump" is about teen suicide but the entire song (as is made obvious from the title) is about convincing someone NOT to jump. You may also watch the video that proves this as well. Though you may not completely agree with the subject matter of the song even now that you know more about it, it is a perfectly okay song for anyone to listen to as it really conveys a good message. My favorite songs from the album: Scream; Ready, Set, Go; Monsoon; and Don't Jump. Now about this whole "teen angst" thing... I get where they're coming from to a certain extent, but calling it teen angst is going a little bit too far. The day they start calling Justin Bieber's (still can't stand him) music "teen angst" I will maybe begin to consider thinking of Tokio Hotel that way... but most likely not ;). Because I'm on a roll and always ramble on like this I'll talk about two more things: the Kaulitz twins :). (1) Bill: He has an amazing voice and crazy awesome hair, with an extremely eccentric taste in style (look him up and you'll see what I mean haha). He also seems to be one of the sweetest guys in the world, and is truly happy to be doing what he is doing. (2) Tom: He also has some awesome hair and is easy on the eyes. Though he probably receives most of the bad press in the band for things he has done (or hasn't done), he still seems like a cool guy to hang around. However, he is certainly no role model. (3) Both of them: They both have the cutest accents! (Being that they're German of course...) The brotherly fights that sometimes occur between them during interviews are hilarious as well, and they are truly a real symbol of brotherly love. So... in short, (haha get it?? Cause all my reviews are like a mile long cause I'm waaay too thorough??) Tokio Hotel is not a band to be overlooked. Check out this album, Scream, or any of their other albums. You will not be disappointed... I wouldn't lie to you. ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written bytaylormichelex January 18, 2012

I love it.

This is an amazing album. The song "Don't Jump" isn't violent, it sends a REALLY great message, it's tellings kids NOT to commit suicide. It's a good message, and I don't think it's bad at all. Amazing music.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCrazyKaulitzWriter November 23, 2011

SCREAAAAAAAAM!!!!!

"Scream" was Tokio Hotel's first American album, being translated from their "Schrei" album. Tokio Hotel is my favorite band, above everything that I listen to, but this album is rather dated. It has great songs, some of which are very dear to me, and I love the sound Bill's voice had when he was younger, but their second album, Humanoid, has won me over. Alternative rock is, to be honest, a lot softer than what I usually listen gravitate to (I was an Evanescence fan long before I was a Tokio Hotel fan), so it's really saying something that I prefer them over anyone else. The only thing that could be considered offencive is in the song "Final Day," when the word "Hell" is uttered ("the whole word can just go to Hell for all I care tonight"). Compared to mainstream music these days, Tokio Hotel is a huge blessing. They actually care about making their music perfect for their fans. Bill is a very edgy, eye-catching person, who's (for want of a better word, as I have a similar look myself) bizarre look lures you to listen to the music and once your sucked into the boys' talent, there's no hope for escape. And to be honest, once you get to know all of the members, you won't really want to escape. ♥ Over all, Scream wonderful album, with lots of good messages and teen angst (Lolz). Tokio Hotel is currently in the studio, working on a third album, and if you're like me, you're on the edge of your seat, ecstatic and curious as to what they'll be throwing out there next. :-)
Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2011

Best band ever

this is the BEST CD EVER i love them thier songs are great and bill is just sooooooo cool and he is also a good role model his brother not so much SKITTLES
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnforgettableMemory February 7, 2011

Awesome music

Tokio Hotel is such an awesome band :) It has lots of amazing songs on. I'd recommend Scream, Final Day, Rescue Me, Monsoon, Helig, Don't Jump and By Your Side. Don't jump was written to stop teenagers commiting suicide so don't complain. Bill, Tom, Gustav, and George are excellent role models. What's not to like about Tokio Hotel?
Teen, 15 years old Written bydeliaX713 December 31, 2010

Perfect for all ages

This is an amazing album by German band Tokio Hotel. While I would let any children listen to it since there is nothing bad about it ( I think Hell is used once in one song), the messages in the songs are definately good for older kids. On The Edge is a great song about suicide and to get help if anyone is thinking about it, and Live Every Second is about living life to the fullest. Most songs may include teen angst and rebellion, but isn't that what most teens think any way? Not only are the songs great but the lead singer, Bill Kaulitz, is an amazing role model. He doesn't care what anyone says about him (for he is very effeminative) and from what I can tell, hasn't let fame go to his head. He's been performing since he was 10 and hasn't let anything stop him, which I think is a great message to all children, tween and teens
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 December 20, 2010

Love Tokio Hotel

I love Tokio Hotel but, what I don't understand is why you call its On 14+? There,s nothing wrongwith there awesome rock/punk album. They might be younger then other rock artists but, they are just as good if not better.
Adult Written byJulia from Sweden December 19, 2010
Schrei rocks!!!! Best in german though! Buy schrei (so laut du kannst) Band still rules after 5 years. Das fenster öffnet sich nicht mehr hier drin' ist es voll von dir - und leer und vor mir geht die letzte kerze aus Gotta love those poetic lyrics!
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byCaoimheMorana September 14, 2010

Great Music

I'm a huge Tokio Hotel fan, but I still wouldn't let anyone under 8 listen to them as the themes of some of their songs are more teen angst. The music has a lot of feeling in it and so teens and young adults can easily relate to the themes presented. For example: "Don't Jump" is about suicide, but it's also about someone trying to save the on wanting to commit suicide. "Break Away" can be viewed as a song about wanting to become one's own person. My 10 year old loves them, while their music isn't my 12 year old's style.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic October 15, 2009
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this album. No Sex, no language, no talking abt killing and/or raping people, pretty good!! I definetly recommend if you like rock/pop. The most radical song is called "Don't Jump" and it's about not committing suicide but that's a GOOD message. Now the music video for "Scream" is a little radical so you might not want to watch that but overall great cd!! Plus Tokio Hotel is my favorite band. =)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 September 15, 2009
Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2009

It's just like listening to your own teen kid rant, nothing horrible

xDXDXDXDXD If you think your 13 & younger children can't listen, you might as well not let them listen to ANYTHING. There is seriously nothing wrong with the music. Theres positive messages in their musice (ex. Don't Jump) yea come on guys. I love Tokio Hotel now Slayer is a band you need to watch out for lol
Parent of a 12 year old Written bylars257 September 11, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byTokiohotelfurry July 6, 2009

debatable

Tokio hotel's music as a whole,on this CD,is pretty clean and suitable for 10-11+ kids,if they act their age.Some parents may find scream (the song,not the video,I'll get to that later) a little inappropriate, but if you kid has already been roaming around other punk bands,this is probably child's stuff.On the edge's meaning can be debated,some say that it is about a girl that takes inject able drugs,which is most likely the case.This CD deals with 2 subjects:Bad things(Drugs,Angst,death,longing for love),but it also deals with love(Sacred,By your side). As for the videos,Parents should watch the video for scream before their teen or child.The video scream takes place at a party.There is alcohol and making out in this video,and even though i am 13,i would say that this video is a "iffy" for 10-14 year olds.I would also have to say it is the least imaginative of all the videos by them.The video for don't jump contains a double of lead-singer Bill Kaulitz standing on top of a building,debating suicide.and the end of the American video,he is still standing,while in the German one (spring nicht), he falls and the video ends.Videos for ready,set,GO! and Monsoon mare of no threat and could be watched by anyone,in my opinion. have fun,and listen with your kids! Tokio hotel furry
Teen, 13 years old Written byx_aeki_resu_x April 11, 2009

Tokio hotel is awesome and nothing is wrong with their music...

Tokio Hotel is appropriate for probably 12 and up because all of their songs are against doing things that are wrong. And the song Break Away is talking about if someone is like telling you to do stuff thats not right, that they have to break away. Not some kind of "teenage angst". And when they feel trapped, their talking about how theirs some bumps in the roads of life. This should be rated by people who actually listen to their album and understands music and the lyrics.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2008

Tokio Hotel Rocks!

I love them, their hair (especially Bill's), and their music! I wish they had more of their German tracks, though.