All member reviews for "#SELFIE" (CD Single)

Viral EDM song for selfie-loving generation; best for teens.

Kid, 9 years old July 3, 2014

*hits head on desk*

This song is HORRIBLE!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byZackyDeje June 28, 2014

Selfie review

F word and b word....
Teen, 16 years old Written bySodaDog March 29, 2014

Awful Song

What is wrong with our generation?
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2014

TERRIBLE

Don't bother listening to this song. It's revolting. They say "let me smoke a cigarette." Not the best role model. They also say "Living with my b****es." That adds profanity to the song. Overall, it's terrible.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2014

Haha i love this song

Okay I'll admit I like taking selfies they are funny and you can have any funny expression on your face! Instagram is the most popular for selfies. The song is funny and kind of annoying but yeah I like it. The language is a little iffie but listen to the clean version and enjoy!!:):)
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2014

Personally I really do not like this song. It is not catchy and it does not have a good message!
Teen, 13 years old Written byVVINX November 28, 2014

People are taking this too seriously.

This song is not great. The screeching synth makes it purgatory to the ears and the lyrics will make you want to jump off of a building, but just wait; This song is a joke. The Chainsmokers are a great group making great songs, having done catchy originals like "KANYE" and remixes for the likes of Cash Cash and Sultan + Ned Shepard. I emphasize again, this song is a joke. If you're blindly criticizing it because it's annoying, you should take that into account. The Chainsmokers are the biggest new EDM group this year (in my opinion, Galantis is better, but oh well), and for good reason. (If you merely dislike the song because it's annoying, I recommend the Elephante remix. Catchy!)
Teen, 14 years old Written byPeacefulMaster May 14, 2014

Corny, but clean.

No role models here, but the song is appropriate for a fifth grader. It is a funny satire. There is a lot of sexual refrences, but it should fly over kid's heads. In fact, some fifth graders I know are using this song for a presentation on the year in review! Also, drug refrences and consumerism.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymunoru April 15, 2014

Quite good

It uses only 1 mild curse word (b*****s) and is set in a club, but is clean.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwistedlover123 November 29, 2014
I mean, the song isn't really something you should take seriously. It's just one of those songs you get up and dance too. It really has no message. It's mostly for teens. It's just really about having fun, not taking something like this literally. I wouldn't take it personally. I actually love The Chainsmokers they make the best songs and remixes, and there perfectly harmless. Come on people, no need to take this too seriously.
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2014

Not Appropriate

First of all, the music video setting is a night club, second of all, in the music video, there are t shirts that say, F*** Your Selfie, third of all, the girl says, "Can we go smoke a cigarette? I need one." Fourth of all, the same girl says, "Livin' with my b!tches." Fifth of all, the same girl said, "Let's go take some shots." It is not an appropriate song for children 14 and under.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2014

Worst song ever!

How can radio disney play this? It has a curse word in it! Don't play it at all!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreen tea April 28, 2016

Kill me.

This song makes me regret living and I'm not kidding. It is from Satan because of how terrible it is.
Adult Written byReneeVicious-Reality January 9, 2016

What is EDM becoming?

I...I have no words for how AWFUL this is. This track is annoying, bland, repetitive, and what message does it even have? Choosing a filter for your stupid selfie on Instagram and being judgemental to others who aren't as "hot" as you. The sad truth is this is how girls actually act at clubs and raves...ugh. Anywho, on to my actual thoughts on this tune that should've never even gained any popularity in the first place. I, personally, am a HUGE fan of electronic music. The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, BT, Faithless, Depeche Mode, Crystal Method, Digital Mystikz, Carl Cox...Love 'em all to this very day! The ones who I have listed are the Godfathers of Rave, so as the EDM scene became bigger and bigger, I'd expect more DJ's and producers to work hard. But I guess I thought wrong. I'm extremely disappointed with most of today's electronic music. The Chainsmokers are probably one of the WORST edm producers I have EVER listened to. They have no creativity, no inspiration, NOTHING! They're just another David Guetta/Tiesto/whatever...talentless. This song is nothing more than a joke. A huge, annoying, unfunny joke. The kind of joke you'd hear from that one annoying kid in class that gets in trouble almost every day. Why did this song get so big in the first place??The Chainsmokers literally just took the dialogue from some girl at a club with her friends who's high on drugs and drunk. The buildup is just the girl talking about her stupid social media apps and "ugly people" who should eff off with a bland house beat. The drop is even worse. It literally sounds like a duck quacking non-stop. Overall, this song is pointless, boring, generic, unoriginal with no meaning whatsoever. Now, I'm not saying that all EDM is awful, as there are some pretty good DJ's (deadmau5, Porter Robinson, Slow Magic, etc.) but if you wanna show your kid some ACTUAL electronica that won't make you want to lose your hearing, listen to some Prodigy or Chemical Brothers or Aphex Twin. They actually have talent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsaac T September 11, 2015

This song sucks...

This song sucks, and whoever wrote this forgot to mention how condescending this girl is.
Educator and Parent Written byMarkkkkk April 10, 2014

Fun song, not for kids and Tweens

This is a kind of fun song, but it has some bad things in it as well.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrebma97 April 8, 2014

Eh...

I really couldn't get into this song. It's basically just talking with music. It's not really inappropriate besides the "Livin with my b!tches" line.