All member reviews for She's So Unusual

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe January 4, 2014

Not a bad album

Cyndi Lauper's not bad of an 1980s pop singer. The only songs by Cyndi Lauper from this album I'm familiar with are "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" and "Time After Time". My parents don't really like Cyndi Lauper because they think she's overrated. I really like music from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s whether it would rock 'n' roll, pop, dance, soul or R&B. The song "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" was heard in the "Family Guy" episode "Life of Brian" when all the girls in the house start a pillow fight after the 1920 election and was heard in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show live action segment "Captain Lou is Missing" when Mario and Luigi were listening to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" on the radio, then later get a message on the radio that Lou Albano is missing. And, yes, I'm including history of music usage on Common Sense Media review.
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2014

Great songs, themes better than nowadays

I have to say, that even though I'm ten (in sixth grade), I still listen and love Cydni Lauper's songs. They don't have any language and the themes are WAY WAY better than some songs you hear on the radio, plus they even have messages like in True Colors.