All teen and kid member reviews for "Sing" (CD single)

Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2014

Sing: An IsabelleSydneyFan Music Review

Way too much drinking and smoking in this song! But it's fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrebma97 June 2, 2014

Surprisngly catchy, but boozy

It's really good and infectious. It's certainly different as far as musical genres, too, which is cool. Sex: There are some sexual references ("One thing led to another and now she's kissing my mouth). Drinking/DrugsThere's also some drug/drinking references (one lines mentions having "something to drink and something to smoke"). While "Sing" isn't horribly inappropriate, it's probably better for an older age group.
Teen, 15 years old Written byleahcar June 7, 2014

Not as good as his others. Copying Plan B?

I really like Ed Sheeran; his songwriting skills and melodies are unique and touching. However, I don't like this song. Most of Ed's songs are fully acoustic with an unplugged, natural feel to them. This, however, is more of a 'hip hop' mainstream pop song. I don't like it when he pseudo-raps in the second verse because I have never known him to be a rapper and for him it doesn't work. I feel as if he's trying to be something he's not, and I like him for his own style. The song reminded me of something Plan B would release (especially with the sung first verse, falsetto chorus and rapping in the second verse), and there was a 'Justin Timberlake' feel about it. Luckily, though, the lyrics in Sing are pretty similar style to how he usually writes; this song is about him meeting a woman in a bar, and he does tend to write songs on mature themes. I hope Ed Sheeran's new material has a sound closer to his REAL style. He is not suited for mainstream 'pop' sound.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2016

Amazing song with some iffy lyrics; Video is strange and questionably edgy.

Ed Sheeran's new single, SING, has an ultimately exciting and captivating sort of beat. It is, to make it clear, fun and energetic. It also features Pharrell Williams. But, along with the great tempo, there is some iffy material. The lyrics include, "Take another step into no-man's land", "something to drink, and maybe something to smoke", "Then she handed me a bottle of water, with tequila", "meant to drive home, but I'm drunk, gonna live it now no," and "We sit on the couch, one thing led to another now she's kissing my mouth." The music video itself also is very edgy and questionable. It features a puppet Ed drunk driving, drinking beer, flirting, dancing sexually, leaning against woman's breasts, watching girls pole dancing, and it implies he is spending big bucks on this. It shows the wasted puppet-Ed puking into a urinal. It also shows men pelvic thrusting the air. At the end, puppet-Ed is arrested and brought to prison. It shows both real and puppet-Ed hungover the next day. Woah. Basically, the song outlines a long and sexy night out drinking and partying. NO good role models there.
Teen, 13 years old Written byactorsingergymnast May 17, 2014

Great song

To be honest I think this song is fine for kids 10 and up. It's catchy and let's be honest most kids under eleven will be oblivious to the meaning.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2014

sing! louder!

Not a bad song catchy and fun
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Uunforgettable May 15, 2014

Timberlake-ish song

This song was produced by Pharrell , has a Justin Timberlake-vibe to it
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviesbooksandmusic May 4, 2014

Upbeat song will go over your head

The first time I listened to it I did not hear any of the words. After listening a few more times I knew most of the words. I think that this song is fine for younger kids because all they hear is an upbeat tune. He sings about wanting to be alone with a girl and drink till drunk, but younger kids won't know what that means. My mom and younger brother (9 years old) heard the song well I listen to it and danced around the living room. Common Sense Media was way off on this one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovemaroon5 May 3, 2014

Ed Sheeran is for Mature Listeners

Ed Sheeran, from what my knowledge is about him, is that he is an artist for mature listeners, mostly teenagers and young adults. Ed writes about topics most only teens and older would understand, so when you get a song like sing by him, it shouldnt be an enormous shock. This song is about how hes in a bar and see a woman who he wants alone. I would let just teens listen to this, but if a younger kid hears it they probably wont know what it means. The song is really good and is very catchy. I like it.