Kid reviews for "S&M" (CD single)

Violent sexual behavior is the topic of mature R&B track.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomebody26 January 18, 2019

Clever and Catchy

Rihanna expresses her love/hate for the paparazzi in a rather "unique" way instead of just singing cliche lyrics about how terrible her life is. The song itself is appealing, sharing a similar sound and theme with one of her previous works, Talk That Talk.

Teen, 14 years old Written byspeyan727 October 10, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written byCooltiger37 July 26, 2018

X-rated guilty pleasure is COMPLETELY inappropriate for kids

OK, OK, let's be honest here. Are you REALLY going to let your kids listen to a song called "S&M"? I didn't think so. I mean, it's catchy enough to qualify as an adults-only guilty pleasure, but you could find MUCH better Rihanna songs for your kids to listen to than this. Heck, even the profanity-laced "Love On The Brain" is more kid-friendly than this song. Also, I don't know why Rihanna even wrote this song to begin with. So first we have her getting the you-know-what beaten out of her by her then-boyfriend Chris Brown, and now we have her singing a song about how she "likes it"? That's just sick and twisted, and another reason why kids should literally avoid this song at all costs. Sadly, I hear it being played at my local radio station (95.5, or 95 Triple X) every single week, making it virtually unavoidable.

EDIT: The HIGHLY explicit video for this song (which I have thankfully not seen) was previously age-restricted on YouTube, but the age-restriction was just taken off for some reason. I guess YouTube's now saying it's OK for kids to watch a music video named "S&M". Either that, or Rihanna (who was outraged that this video was age-restricted) finally persuaded YouTube to take the restriction off. Either way, though, it's another good reason to not your kids be on YouTube unsupervised.

Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv March 23, 2014

Sex a huge problem here

It may be catchy, but it's about sex and violence. If you're 17 or under then I suggest listening a bit to this then stop it.

Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2012

Very Catchy!

Oh please, this song is a pop song with a good beat and perfectly fine for 8 and up. It is one of my top 20 favorites and I dont get what the big deal is because she said "Sex in the air" at one point in the song, you people are utterly and completely overreacting about this song. Go Rhianna!
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

review

Sexual lines, sexual violence, sexual rapes and very, very violent material.

Kid, 9 years old May 27, 2012

Stupid

Kids hear and see her vid, that's why kids are naughty like today..

Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

S&M :D

Really good but inapropriate song. But as I said before that's Rihanna for ya haha ;)

Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 5, 2012

Really...?

It's sorta catchy, but too inappropriate. And it's sad because Rihanna sounds so good on this....:(

Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2012

N-O

This isn't appropriate for the most mature kids! If you want clean, but new RiRi, try Only Girl, or California King Bed. Yes, those have suggestive lyrics, but at least no swearing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheVampire February 12, 2012

Where's the Delete button?

it wuz a catchy tune when i 1st heard it, but then i started listening closely to the lyrics

Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2012

Iffy lyrics

Her best song, her worst lyrics.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjujubaba1122 December 9, 2011

Gross.

this song is about masochistic sex. Enough said.

Teen, 14 years old Written bychihuahua0 December 2, 2011

Iffy Yet Entertaining

You would never know they would allow this song to play on the radio. Yet, it does. It's no use hiding this kind of stuff from people anymore.

However, "S&M" hooks the listener in without being too edgy, with the lyrics "come on" said in various ways.

Of course, the subject matter immediately turn on red lights, but it isn't too explicit. So proceed with caution first.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKhOiCoOl November 14, 2011

Give it a break

Really. It is a good beat, I just want to dance whenever it is on

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovierocker October 11, 2011

TERRIBLE AND GROSS

Gross! What happened to rhianna and all her sweet and catchy songs. Do you really want your child coming home and asking what S&M is???? NOT GOOD!

Teen, 16 years old Written bysphwnd September 3, 2011

Gah.

It's kind if sad that this is popular. What's REALLY sad is I had to turn the radio off and tell my mother to stop singing along. S&M should remain in the bedroom, and off the air waves for the sake of little kids and oblivious parents.
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2011

Song

Im 11 and I listen to this song...

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 25, 2011

Good song!

"Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it." That's the worst there is, and that's pretty bad in my opinion.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysydneysinger101 June 17, 2011

Not For Kids

This song is horrible. It may have a good beat but it has horrible meaning behind it. The only thing she talks about is how she loves sex and being tied up gets her excited. trust me it is not worth your time to listen to it.